Dobyns Bennett coacht fans

BatmanDB

2006!   WASN'T THAT THE YEAR DB BEAT SOUTH 44-0 !!!! ????

Not sure,I'm not good with math .However,I was keeping the score myself on paper and after the first few DB scores,I thought it would be much easier to just put one mark every time a team scored.All I know is there were no marks beside South at the end.

I think if south and DB played this year it would bring more fans than any game between the two! South has a great team this year .. One of the best in 4a

South does have a great team.It almost reminds me of 2009 when they would have been number one in the state after they beat a DB team that was having the worst year in forever.They never got to number one.

South does have a great team.It almost reminds me of 2009 when they would have been number one in the state after they beat a DB team that was having the worst year in forever.They never got to number one.

I am surprised that the level headed, reasonable Batman would encourage the wackos. If any year epitomizes the complete post-season failures of the Indians, it is 2006. Yeah, undefeated 6A #1 DB beat the little county school that year, as they should have. But, then they Lose in the First Round to a 6-5 William Blount in J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Embarrassing...No Doubt. And a little weird that seems to be the signature game and season for DB.

I am surprised that the level headed, reasonable Batman would encourage the wackos. If any year epitomizes the complete post-season failures of the Indians, it is 2006. Yeah, undefeated 6A #1 DB beat the little county school that year, as they should have. But, then they Lose in the First Round to a 6-5 William Blount in J. Fred Johnson Stadium. Embarrassing...No Doubt. And a little weird that seems to be the signature game and season for DB.

Correction... WB was 7-5 that year.. They were 6-4 in the regular season and 3 of those losses were by a TD or less (Ooltewah by 4, Farragut by 1, Mcminn by a td in overtime) and the other loss was to maryville. WB had that 6-4 record going into the DB game and DB was undefeated but that WB team had gone against much better competition and was flat out better than DB was. Those WB teams were stacked... And WB beat DB again in the 07 regular season to prove it wasn't a fluke. You need to look deeper than the record. Edited by Governors91

Correction... WB was 7-5 that year.. They were 6-4 in the regular season and 3 of those losses were by a TD or less (Ooltewah by 4, Farragut by 1, Mcminn by a td in overtime) and the other loss was to maryville. WB had that 6-4 record going into the DB game and DB was undefeated but that WB team had gone against much better competition and was flat out better than DB was. Those WB teams were stacked... And WB beat DB again in the 07 regular season to prove it wasn't a fluke. You need to look deeper than the record.

91 - That's a great point about looking beyond just the record.   Year in and year out DB has no competition within the tri-cities area.      One exception, now that Science Hill has its act together they are going to give DB fits for years to come.     However you Knox area guys (with the exception of Maryville) better watch out this year, I have a feeling that either DB or SH is going to make some noise come playoff time.

Just having fun Jhilts.Besides that,Waco marches to his own drum,encouragement or not...Blazer,there is more then enough competition on DB's schedule this year to see what kind of team the Tribe will have.DB has a lot of speed,but I really want to see if we can get that new offense going and how that goes out of the gate..thought I'd better edit that

Edited by BatmanDB

There you go again. "beat the little county school as they should have" I remember 2006 well. You Southers started the smack talk in early July about how bad you were going to beat DB. You had the great Curt Phillips and it was just a  matter of how bad not if you were going to beat DB. Not only did Colonial Heights and Sullivan Gardens buy into the hype but all the surrounding area did as well. Fans from Gate City, Bristol, Johnson City all flocked into J. Fred to see the rednecks slaughter the Indians. Pickup trucks with their sides stained with tobacco spit and flying giant rebel flags cruised back and forth up and down Fort Henry Dr.  The stadium was packed and some people hadn't even made it to their seats when they looked up at the scoreboard in shock to see DB-28 South-0. The first quarter wasn't even over. You know the rest of the story. One would think after this beat down South fans would become a little more humble. But this same story has played out twice since 2006 with pretty much the same results. South did finally decide it was best to take DB off their schedule because it was easier to say we could beat you this year if we played as opposed to actually doing it. That's is pretty much what they are saying this year by the way. ..........just to set the record straight.  

91 - That's a great point about looking beyond just the record.   Year in and year out DB has no competition within the tri-cities area.      One exception, now that Science Hill has its act together they are going to give DB fits for years to come.     However you Knox area guys (with the exception of Maryville) better watch out this year, I have a feeling that either DB or SH is going to make some noise come playoff time.

If you bother to look back at records you will see DB for the most part has owned Knoxville area schools. They are pretty even with Farragut but I think DB has the edge there in wins and their even with Oak Ridge. Every other school that DB has played in the Knoxville area the wins are lopsided in DB favor. If you want to throw in Blount Co. and Maryville then you have a argument. But lets face it. Maryville is the giant in Tennessee High football and nobody in the state compares with them. I don't agree with you about Science Hill either. I think your making your argument based on their win over DB last year and playing it close the year before. They have had close games almost every other year for at least the past 10 years. So I don't see that Science Hill has turned any corner. And last year the got drilled in three games with Sevier Co. putting up 65 points on them in a playoff game. That's embarrassing. If their putting all their eggs in the Carter basket their in for another big disappointment in Johnson City. That Sevier Co. game was about the worst prepared team I have seen in a playoff game.