Dobyns Bennett coacht fans

BatmanDB

No season ending loss is easy for a player.For myself as a fan,that (*&()&^#*&%(&$^ @!^)% !!!!!! game against McMinn was the hardest because there is no way DB shouldn't win that game by 40 or 50 points.NO WAY !!.The easiest was the very next year against Maryville.I knew it was the last time my boy would prepare for a football game as a player and I cherished every second of that week.Watching him and big TY walk off the practice field together on Thursday right up to game time when the lights malfunctioned in the black hole { that's when I was hoping the football gods would have mercy for the 2008 season }.It looked that way from the start as my son made the first and third tackle to set up a Maryville punt.We sent the { special teams } into the game.The Maryville kicker didn't get the snap and DB should have pinned him close to the five yard line.That's when the football gods smiled and gave our special teams permission to let him run the ball to nearly midfield for a first down !! Outside of that and DB getting  zero points,it was the easiest last game

If you bother to look back at records you will see DB for the most part has owned Knoxville area schools. They are pretty even with Farragut but I think DB has the edge there in wins and their even with Oak Ridge. Every other school that DB has played in the Knoxville area the wins are lopsided in DB favor. If you want to throw in Blount Co. and Maryville then you have a argument. But lets face it. Maryville is the giant in Tennessee High football and nobody in the state compares with them. I don't agree with you about Science Hill either. I think your making your argument based on their win over DB last year and playing it close the year before. They have had close games almost every other year for at least the past 10 years. So I don't see that Science Hill has turned any corner. And last year the got drilled in three games with Sevier Co. putting up 65 points on them in a playoff game. That's embarrassing. If their putting all their eggs in the Carter basket their in for another big disappointment in Johnson City. That Sevier Co. game was about the worst prepared team I have seen in a playoff game.

Sorry, but Science Hill is no longer going to be a pushover.   Not saying they will beat DB every year but it's going to be much closer

Science Hill has not turned any corner. They are better than most of the other teams up here but a DB, they will never be. Stacy is not the answer. He's better than what they've had but he will never get far in the playoffs. Can't wait to hear the drums. On another note, the scoreboard came in and was the wrong color maroon so they sent it back. Seen them setting the columns to support the jumbo tron today and they are massive. ROLL TRIBE!!!!!

Science Hill has not turned any corner. They are better than most of the other teams up here but a DB, they will never be. Stacy is not the answer. He's better than what they've had but he will never get far in the playoffs. Can't wait to hear the drums. On another note, the scoreboard came in and was the wrong color maroon so they sent it back. Seen them setting the columns to support the jumbo tron today and they are massive. ROLL TRIBE!!!!!

I think SH has the edge this year just based on athleticism, now after this year DB may be back on the winning track.     But man its so hard to say, we haven't even played one down and we're already predicting who wins the last game of the season.     There are so many unknowns at this point, injuries are going to happen, potential disciplinary actions, etc.    Regardless I think it will be an awesome game and I hope to be there.     Will be sitting on the DB side wearing a Boone hat.     Yikes, hope that's ok :)

I think SH has the edge this year just based on athleticism, now after this year DB may be back on the winning track.     But man its so hard to say, we haven't even played one down and we're already predicting who wins the last game of the season.     There are so many unknowns at this point, injuries are going to happen, potential disciplinary actions, etc.    Regardless I think it will be an awesome game and I hope to be there.     Will be sitting on the DB side wearing a Boone hat.     Yikes, hope that's ok :)

The enemy of my enemy is... Well, I wouldn't go that far.I've been to a lot of games myself just as a fan of the sport.I'd love to see a Maryville vs Alcoa game live when they are both hitting on all cylinders.

Actually DB should be the favorite in this game every year for one reason. Coach Clark owns Carter.

Actually DB should be the favorite in this game every year for one reason. Coach Clark owns Carter.

That's true, but DB is the favorite in every game in the Tri-cities because you guys have no local competition.   I still think SH will get you again this year.    But again, it's anyone's guess at this point.     We should revisit this thread around mid season and maybe I'll have egg on my face.

EXERCISE

...EX..ER..CISE

...EX..AR..SIZE

...EGGS..ARE..SIDES

...FOR...

!!!  BACON  !!!

Science Hill is a basketball school. Johnson City is a basketball town. Building a new stadium, building a new field house for the high school, bringing back ETSU football is not going to make Johnson City a football town. There are a handful of movers and shakers that are trying to force the issue and they've been successful with that. Everybody has forgot why ETSU football was killed in the first place. No interest. Now their going to spend millions of dollars trying to kick start a football program that the community will not support. At first they will bring in the fans, probably give out free tickets all over town, then show on sportscast packed full stadiums, losing thousands of dollars and putting up fake images of success. After 5 years things will be back the same way they were before. No fans, team with losing record, coach just left, brand new stadium 3/4 empty people razing H E double L about all the tax money they just wasted.

So the same with Science Hill. Brand new stadium, brand new field house, brand new coach that's now been there long enough to turn the program in one of the best in the state. Science Hill, the largest school in upper east Tennessee, as has been said on coach t many times, the biggest selection of athletes in upper east Tennessee year in and year out. Everybody thinks they have turned some kind of corner just because the beat DB. Last year, Siegel - 64 SH - 38, Brentwood Academy - 45 SH - 0, and if I had lost my last game 63-20 to Sevier Co. I wouldn't think I had turned a corner. Not bashing just telling you the truth.