Dobyns Bennett coacht fans

BatmanDB

It's great to scrimmage against a team that has the fan support D-B has and wants to be good year in and year out like us. We have most of the defense back from last year but on two different occasions D-B made a hole in it and surprised a few people. We did have to replace a few defensive backs but last nights scrimmage will help get those new players get ready. At one time it started to look one sided and then all the sudden D-B struck hard which was a good wake up call. Personally I like to see something like that so these young players don't let things go to their heads.  I can see D-B winning out if they stay healthy and playing us in the playoffs so it's a good experience for both teams to know what to expect if they do.

How are the Vikes looking this year?     Without knowing much about who they have coming back I'm putting them 3rd in the conference behind the 2 6A schools.     Meaning that THS loses to DB and SH but beats everyone else in the conference.     Is that about right?

An article in today's paper mentioned they would be running a 3 back set this year with Kauhlil King, Sir Schuff, and Sullivan North transfer Jacob Jasper in the backfield.  Christian Gibson, who was a starter last year on defense in the secondary as well as linebacker, will be the qb.  I imagine James Schuff would be the backup or may play another role in the offense (rb? wr?).

An article in today's paper mentioned they would be running a 3 back set this year with Kauhlil King, Sir Schuff, and Sullivan North transfer Jacob Jasper in the backfield.  Christian Gibson, who was a starter last year on defense in the secondary as well as linebacker, will be the qb.  I imagine James Schuff would be the backup or may play another role in the offense (rb? wr?).

So it's going to be like the old wishbone?     Haven't seen that one in a long time, and neither have any defenses