Dobyns Bennett coacht fans

BatmanDB

Fellers whut's gonna bee on each side ov tha knew praissbox....???.... :popcorneater:

At first they wanted to build suites atop the stands but couldn't come up with the funds. So with the way they designed this tells me they'll come back in about 3 years and put those suites in on both sides of the press box. Their sneaky like that.

Interesting. Never knew the football and baseball teams shared a stadium. First high school ive ever heard of that happening

D-B_zpse0b519e0.png

I wasn't complaining about metal bleachers. No issue with that at all. The issue is that the visitors seats only go from the goal line to about the 35 or 40 yard line. You can see that pretty good in the picture. Anyway, I splurged for a luxury seat for this year anyway so on the occasions I make it to a DB game I'll see if it is worth it.

At first they wanted to build suites atop the stands but couldn't come up with the funds. So with the way they designed this tells me they'll come back in about 3 years and put those suites in on both sides of the press box. Their sneaky like that.

Waco....thair ain't nuthin' like a staydeeum wif "sweets" (Az momma allways sez)...... :wub:  :hungry:

I wasn't complaining about metal bleachers. No issue with that at all. The issue is that the visitors seats only go from the goal line to about the 35 or 40 yard line. You can see that pretty good in the picture. Anyway, I splurged for a luxury seat for this year anyway so on the occasions I make it to a DB game I'll see if it is worth it.

The little mini-bleachers go in to the left of that but nothing like the ones that stay year around.You would think there could be a way  to double up during football season without hurting the turf .

Around 4700 on the home side with the new seats. New deck is around 1100 but only ends up being an addition of 800 total seats because 300 existing seats on the bottom were eliminated because of the addition of 2 sets of stairs, railings on all stairs, and elimination of the old student stands. Not sure how many seats are on the visitor side but it is a joke because this is a dual purpose stadium (football/baseball) and half of the visitors side is the baseball outfield and so it can't have stands there. There is a ton of standing room though and in a pinch you could use the baseball stands with some binoculars! Biggest games will see 10,000+ but several thousand of those are walking around with nowhere to sit.

If this stadium upgrade was about adding seats it would mean their paying over $5,000.00 per seat according to my calculator. But of course you have to figure in the elevator, press box, new bathrooms, concessions, and new visitor dressing room. I still think all this was done so the blue hairs could have something to brag about. I was listening to a radio show about two weeks ago and it was sickening to hear as a couple of "guest" on the show bragged about the new upgrades. I'm a DB fan and the new stadium is going to be nice but they need to tone it down a little with the bragging. They have this "hey everybody look at me" mentality. Maybe they should of put 800 hot tubs all the way around the field. That would of got worldwide attention. Seriously though I support what they did, just not why they did it. Probably could of eliminated the "water park" and the two miles of side walk going out to it (as if somebody is going to walk two miles two get there) to offset the cost of the stadium upgrades.

DB Fans - Some of you seem to be less than thrilled about the new stadium, and you make some valid points.      I'm just wondering if this in any way puts a little more pressure on DB to (ahem) advance a little further in the post-season?      IMO that would be totally  unfair to the team, the players would work just as hard each week if they were playing on Fridays in a cow pasture because they love the game, but that is sometimes the reality of HS sports.     When Science Hill got the new duds I'm sure we all remember the sideline talk about notching it up a little, and you gotta think the team feels that pressure.   Any Tenn High Vikings fans feel free to chime in too, since you guys have a new castle.

Maybe this is not the case @ DB, perhaps some of you closer to the program know.      Either way, looking forward to being there for the Boone game on 10/3.... although I gotta say with all the renovations on the home side, the visitor side is still kinda lousy, but you guys do have some pretty good concessions.     Best of luck in 2014.    Man I am so ready for kickoff

DB Fans - Some of you seem to be less than thrilled about the new stadium, and you make some valid points.      I'm just wondering if this in any way puts a little more pressure on DB to (ahem) advance a little further in the post-season?      IMO that would be totally  unfair to the team, the players would work just as hard each week if they were playing on Fridays in a cow pasture because they love the game, but that is sometimes the reality of HS sports.     When Science Hill got the new duds I'm sure we all remember the sideline talk about notching it up a little, and you gotta think the team feels that pressure.   Any Tenn High Vikings fans feel free to chime in too, since you guys have a new castle.

Maybe this is not the case @ DB, perhaps some of you closer to the program know.      Either way, looking forward to being there for the Boone game on 10/3.... although I gotta say with all the renovations on the home side, the visitor side is still kinda lousy, but you guys do have some pretty good concessions.     Best of luck in 2014.    Man I am so ready for kickoff

Pressure on whom? The kids im sure put just as much pressure on themselves as any fan would, maybe more. So I can only assume your talking about Coach Clark. He is not going anywhere.