when will they learn at Mcnairy Central

cardfan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, the guy should have never been hired in the first place. The committee that interviewed the coaches in the last coach search unanimously voted for another coach and said he was far better than everyone else. But, this coach was the Director of Schools buddy and he has final say on hires and gave him the job. It was a bad hire to begin with and I WOULD have been ok with dismissing him. But, I do have a couple of problems with it. A couple of power parents wanted him gone because their kid wasn't playing or playing the position they wanted. That's BS to let these guys keep running the program. That's why McNairy is in the spot it's in and have went through 2 coaches since they pulled this crap 5 years ago. Second, these parents have been working on this since the season ended and it couldn't be done til the Director of Schools retired in February. But, waiting til now is stupid. Spring practice starts next week and now there is no head coach and you miss out on other coaching applicants because they done got other jobs. A certain group has turned a good football program into a mockery and bottom dweller. I just hope the new Director of Schools doesn't give in to these same people and get the coach they want and actually gets the best coach possible that can get McNairy back to the level it should have never fell from.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

First off, the guy should have never been hired in the first place. The committee that interviewed the coaches in the last coach search unanimously voted for another coach and said he was far better than everyone else. But, this coach was the Director of Schools buddy and he has final say on hires and gave him the job. It was a bad hire to begin with and I WOULD have been ok with dismissing him. But, I do have a couple of problems with it. A couple of power parents wanted him gone because their kid wasn't playing or playing the position they wanted. That's BS to let these guys keep running the program. That's why McNairy is in the spot it's in and have went through 2 coaches since they pulled this crap 5 years ago. Second, these parents have been working on this since the season ended and it couldn't be done til the Director of Schools retired in February. But, waiting til now is stupid. Spring practice starts next week and now there is no head coach and you miss out on other coaching applicants because they done got other jobs. A certain group has turned a good football program into a mockery and bottom dweller. I just hope the new Director of Schools doesn't give in to these same people and get the coach they want and actually gets the best coach possible that can get McNairy back to the level it should have never fell from.

Until the parents realize they don't control who play or when they play, it will forever be doomed. I watched McNairy over the years and wondered how a team with the size and speed they had with the Mood kid be so below average. Well after reading this I have my answer. If it doesn't change you will be Forever Miserable McNairy.