Powell spring

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the Powell vs. Sequoyah scrimmage go?  Conflicting reports.

It turned out to be a three way scrimmage involving Seymour, Sequoyah and Powell.  Varsity on one end and JV on the other end.  I think they got about 10 plays from the 40 for down and distance and then 3 plays from the 5.  More like practice than a scrimmage, trying to work the bugs out.  Very competitive and hard hitting action.

They sure do. They're a stout team. AC had to fight tooth and nail to dispatch them in the playoffs last year. SD is tough.

I will probably take some heat for this but who cares.... Let me just say that the AC/SD game last year was a dang good one. However, I think the game itself turned out to be a good one simply because the MAVS came out extremely FLAT.... AC was clearly the better team. SD will do well this year, but I'm not going to kid myself and think they will be in the "hunt" so to speak. I've been wrong a time or two though....

It turned out to be a three way scrimmage involving Seymour, Sequoyah and Powell.  Varsity on one end and JV on the other end.  I think they got about 10 plays from the 40 for down and distance and then 3 plays from the 5.  More like practice than a scrimmage, trying to work the bugs out.  Very competitive and hard hitting action.

Was there a "quote", score?

I agree with 1 of your 3

Just guessing here, but I think the 1 is Knox West, I know you don't look for SD to go deep, and I get that, but why not OR?  They are going to be very good this year and with the Addition of Middleton by the end of the season they will be very, very good on D.  I believe they will win our District and probably have Home field advantage throughout due to Maryville being in Knox West District, this would put them at a 1st round game against a so so team, and then a 2nd round game with a team the likes of SD which you do not seem to think as highly of, so that would put them at a Quarter final matchup at home with more than Likely Knox West for a chance to play at home against a team like Ooltewah or Cleveland or someone of that nature, that's how I am seeing it go down this season.  I think OR has a good shot this season at making it deep and obviously Knox West does and that would probably mean having to beat SD to get there, just my opinion, but that's how I see it.

Was there a "quote", score?

(Trying to remember), Seymour scored once on both Sequoyah and Powell. Sequoyah scored a couple of times versus Powell and a couple against Seymour and I think Powell scored a couple against Seymour...but like I said before, more like practice, but a lot of power football not much passing.

Just guessing here, but I think the 1 is Knox West, I know you don't look for SD to go deep, and I get that, but why not OR? They are going to be very good this year and with the Addition of Middleton by the end of the season they will be very, very good on D. I believe they will win our District and probably have Home field advantage throughout due to Maryville being in Knox West District, this would put them at a 1st round game against a so so team, and then a 2nd round game with a team the likes of SD which you do not seem to think as highly of, so that would put them at a Quarter final matchup at home with more than Likely Knox West for a chance to play at home against a team like Ooltewah or Cleveland or someone of that nature, that's how I am seeing it go down this season. I think OR has a good shot this season at making it deep and obviously Knox West does and that would probably mean having to beat SD to get there, just my opinion, but that's how I see it.

I think if you go back and look over my posts you will see that I have picked the winner of the OR/Ooltewah playoff game to face HC in Cookeville this year. Soooo, why not OR??? I have said OR all along...

Edited by Knoxvul

I believe they will win our District and probably have Home field advantage throughout due to Maryville being in Knox West District,

Edit:  Never mind, Mav.  I misread your post when I initially replied. 

Edited by HTV

I think if you go back and look over my posts you will see that I have picked the winner of the OR/Ooltewah playoff game to face HC in Cookeville this year. Soooo, why not OR??? I have said OR all along...

Sorry, had not caught that, I just assumed everyone had Knox West as a favorite going into this season to make a run...So I ask, why not you?  And if you have already stated than I apologize, too many pages to skim through lol.