McNairy Central Football 2014

If he checks coacht, which I could care less because given the chance I would address issues personally, then obviously he doesn't value his first HC gig. It's difficult to remain patient when all signs point to the norm around here. Don't get me wrong, I want this guy to succeed. However, I hope he is aware of the short lifespans as coach here over the last decade.

Maybe he's never done this before, but several was speaking about it tonight at the junior high games. I haven't seen this personally yet, but pretty sure it is happening. And if he isn't up to speed yet then maybe he isn't the coach u think that he is anyway. Good coaches have an eye for such things. And I'm not sure what goes on in practice, but I have seen with my own eyes the first scrimmage game and the jamboree. There wasn't a question with me or anyone else that I've talked to. Isn't game situations what matter the most. Actually, one QB kind of had a lot of folks excited. So perhaps the political roller coaster keeps rolling on. And if that's the case I know for a fact that there will be a dissapointed fan base that will gladly be ready to pack him up and send him back quicker than he arrived. Everybody wants a change here and this doesn't sound like much change.

I know what this looks like and what most of us are thinking. But, we need to let it play out and see what happens. Only time will allow true and fair judgement on it. There could be some things he sees that are more important that what we've saw and will allow him to play well with a group of all starters. If not, does he make the change and how quickly does he make it. Time is the only thing that will answer this. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt cause he has changed so much and I like his track record that what the last two offered.

I would like to say this is an easy place to coach at but it's not. I know just about every coach has to deal with boosters and certain people but it's really different here. Within the boosters, you have two main, small factions and they don't usually want the same thing and they want to be the faction with say. Then, you have mainly everyone else who just wants to win and the deserving kids to play. And with all the politics that has been played over the past, kids have seen it coming up to their family members and when they get to high school, they don't go out to play. Them and the parents will tell you there is no sense to go out and they are just wasting their time going out there. They don't want to put in all that work and not get to play and be part of a losing team because they don't have the name, the connections, or the money. There is a reason why there are so many kids out for football this year. But, if the kids and community feel the same political stuff is still going own, the numbers and support will dwindle again. But, if you play the best kids and either one of the factions get mad, they going to want to make a change. About the only thing than can fix all of this, it's winning. But, Coach Browder done quite a bit of winning here for 20 years and he still got pushed out.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

If he checks coacht, which I could care less because given the chance I would address issues personally, then obviously he doesn't value his first HC gig. It's difficult to remain patient when all signs point to the norm around here. Don't get me wrong, I want this guy to succeed. However, I hope he is aware of the short lifespans as coach here over the last decade.

Then address him personally. I'm sure you've had the opportunity to

Isn't this a Mcnairy thread?? I don't come to your threads and leave comments because I don't have knowledge of your program. Just as you have no prior knowledge of ours. So in other words.......

Haha. I have family that plays at McNairy and I make 4-5 games a year. I go watch y'all play Adamsville every chance I get. You'll learn one of these days.

Isn't this a Mcnairy thread?? I don't come to your threads and leave comments because I don't have knowledge of your program. Just as you have no prior knowledge of ours. So in other words.......

Public forum...if you'd like to keep it among McNairy "fans", bring it up at a booster club meeting. Air it out on the 'T and you'll get feedback...some worthless, and some that just might be worth your time to read.

Wow.....We're actually checking your thread & commenting because we want to see Coach Hodge & your team be successful. As you can tell we all thought highly of the Hodge brothers & it wasn't because they always let the who's who of Dresden play. As Proudlionfan said the grandson of one of the QB Club's main donors & a prominent member of the community had the QB position taken away from him by a freshman & was moved to another position. The President of the QB Club's son also had a knee injury in week 0 & was benched for most of the season even after being cleared to play. We don't always understand it or like it but he wins games. If you don't want people other than McNairy fans giving their opinion maybe you shouldn't state yours on a public forum. Best of luck to Coach Hodge & McNairy County.

Wow.....We're actually checking your thread & commenting because we want to see Coach Hodge & your team be successful. As you can tell we all thought highly of the Hodge brothers & it wasn't because they always let the who's who of Dresden play. As Proudlionfan said the grandson of one of the QB Club's main donors & a prominent member of the community had the QB position taken away from him by a freshman & was moved to another position. The President of the QB Club's son also had a knee injury in week 0 & was benched for most of the season even after being cleared to play. We don't always understand it or like it but he wins games. If you don't want people other than McNairy fans giving their opinion maybe you shouldn't state yours on a public forum. Best of luck to Coach Hodge & McNairy County.

I'm going to follow this thread, because I want to see the "side" show. Y'all ain't seen nothing yet. It's fun to watch and will definitely be entertaining. Good luck MC, you guys are long overdue to start playing better football.

After seeing some of their opponents in jamboree action and them in action looks to be another long year in cat town. Need to go ahead and get younger at qb and key positions to build. And yes I realize they haven't started yet, just honest opinion. Good news is they have a lot of depth and are young. Will turn around just prob not this season.

Edited by 9oldschool5

Both Hodge brother would rather loose scrimmages or jamborees just to build confidence and position depth. Seen it too many times at Dresden. Keith has set starters in district championship games to have them fresh for playoff games. Think MC will be vastly improved this year and only better years to come. Hard not to get excited about your program with a Hodge in charge.......

This is the first time I have ever heard that losing builds confidence......Selmer logic!

• 3 weeks later...