McNairy Central Football 2014

As with every year I was at the MCHS-Adamsville game and can't believe with all the fanfare that our new coach came in with that the incidences in this game have kept fans so quite.  Is this truly what MCHS athletics has come too? A coach ejected and you get a standing ovation as you leave the field?  You have a school board member pass the hat in the crowd as to help pay his fine???  Do they have an idea of the TSSAA slogan:  Just do what's right??? Did they hear the announcements that the TSSAA has all member schools read before the game about sportsmanship??? As a resident who supports both schools with my tax dollars this was an embarrassment.  The Coach's behavior definitely trickled down because you had a player also ejected. WOW.....surely we can do better than this.  No one, after seeing this display should ever be critical of a parent for choosing to send their kid to another school.  Just something to start a conversation!

Sound like a Adamsville recruiter. Typical.

As with every year I was at the MCHS-Adamsville game and can't believe with all the fanfare that our new coach came in with that the incidences in this game have kept fans so quite. Is this truly what MCHS athletics has come too? A coach ejected and you get a standing ovation as you leave the field? You have a school board member pass the hat in the crowd as to help pay his fine??? Do they have an idea of the TSSAA slogan: Just do what's right??? Did they hear the announcements that the TSSAA has all member schools read before the game about sportsmanship??? As a resident who supports both schools with my tax dollars this was an embarrassment. The Coach's behavior definitely trickled down because you had a player also ejected. WOW.....surely we can do better than this. No one, after seeing this display should ever be critical of a parent for choosing to send their kid to another school. Just something to start a conversation!

i was expecting more out of this game from everything i had heard this year.  i have been around a lot of football and been a part of heated rivalries, but this was bad from the get go.  I cant understand why a coach after one play would get so upset that he would allow himself to get tossed in the first 5 minutes.  I was also pretty disappointed in the presentation of the field for such a big game.  I give himn the field being distressed due to having to practice on it but where was the since of pride when you blew all the grass shavings to the edge and just left them piled up.  Yes i am a Aville supporter but i also support kids at all of our county schools and yes even ole McNairy Central.  I have friends at them all.  I was embarrassed to see how we were presenting our County to any visitors that might have came to watch.  I feel it is time to stop this garbage and keep these two teams off each others schedules for a few years.  I know a lot of people dont like to hear it but some of the Leaders have lost their way. 

Hats off to Coach Gray for pulling his kids together when it started getting chippy and reminding them that they should play with class as they represented more than their own names.  Respect the name on your jersey as that is the reputation of your home town. 

Adamsville is wanting to end the series because they know their run is about to an end. The recruiting is about to be stopped and they will have to survive on Adamsville players and not cherry-picking the best junior high players in the county.

I do know the coach was ejected while talking to his players. The officials blew the call, then compounded their error with two more mistakes.

Adamsville will always have a 'little brother' complex when it comes to MCHS.

typical McNairy answer,

mcnarry you are delusional. aville is on the cusp of gold, that's why the series need to end, because mchs is on the cusp of the other end of the spectrum. new lows set at mchs, worst coaching debut, worst field appearance, the list can go on and on (and given the last two coaches and their results this is hard to do).the field looked horrible because everyone wants to win but no one wants to work. sick of excuses mow and rake the grass. take some pride in what you do. little brother has been spanking that tail for too long aint he big bro? the day of the game the mchs facebook page out out a status reminding fans that it was "only just a game". well someone forgot to tell coach! and to expound on that. the refs did not blow a call...does mcanairy or coaches not study film bc aville has ran that play for over 7 years now. it is a forward pass, it is not a fumble, hence the correct ruling on the field. that's why good teams run plays like that so if you were to drop it its just an incomplete pass. anyone getting tossed over that is pathetic. study film be prepared. aville will be better served playing someone who can challenge them (and who actually mows their field every few days). recruiting, recruiting, the last two coaches were the best recruiters ahs ever had and this one may be even better. anyone who can sit in the stands and say I am glad my son plays for someone who is shouting the f bomb repeatedly and having a meltdown temper tantrum is delusional. why play subpar football and get verbally abused and lose when u can go right down the road and be respected and play at the highest level possible. the kids and parents (those on the fence) in McNairy county aren't dumb, deaf, or blind and their decision just got a lot easier after Friday night.

Adamsville is wanting to end the series because they know their run is about to an end. The recruiting is about to be stopped and they will have to survive on Adamsville players and not cherry-picking the best junior high players in the county.

I do know the coach was ejected while talking to his players. The officials blew the call, then compounded their error with two more mistakes.

Sound like a Adamsville recruiter. Typical.

Well at least the conversation is started and maybe the truth behind all this can finally come out.  As to address recruiting, having relatives that have been in both county schools athletic programs I can truly say that there isn't a better opportunity for us as a county to show that we have something very special here.  The ability to put on such an event and have it be a positive for both schools doesn't come around often and when it does we should embrace that opportunity and use it to not only be examples to students but as how to live in some type of harmony.  The only recruiting that should be done  is for us to try to put on a show of unity....it was United Way night...and try to show people what a great place this could be to start a business or live.  So if you identify me as a recruiter then I guess I am, just hope its on a larger scale than HIGH SCHOOL football.

As for the bad officiating.....there were penalties against both teams, some correct and some incorrect but that's part of the game and you deal with it and move on.  Seems the Adamsville staff handled that a little better.  The biggest think to realize is that the officiating crew will be working this Friday.....Coach Hodge will be suspended.

As for the little brother complex...usually the smaller school does have more to prove, just like the little brother.  After 20 years of slaughter and being non-competitive I can understand why Adamsville is proud of what they have accomplished against big brother.  After 20 yrs. one could expect 1 upset..fluke play or something.  Two years in a row could be considered a "bump" in the road.  When you get to 5 or 6 straight I'd say the tide has turned, so commend Coach Gray and his staff on doing a great job and being a positive reflection on the good things going on in McNairy County. 

Just hope that his lesson will go much further than the football field.

We like the little brother role ! We've spanked big bro for a while ! Y'all all scream recriuting !!! When you win there's no need to recruit ! Fact is it's an easy decision for most good players ! Go to MCHS and try to win a game ! Go to AHS and try to win Gold balls ! Easy choice !

I wish somebody would cry about recruiting. The fact is Mcnairy County is open enrollment meaning kids can chose where they want to go. We didnt cry last year when your coach was picking kids up at the county line just so he could play football. All I can say is you better make sure your house is in order before you go and point out things in others

You don't seem to mind the Bolivar kids that are on your baseball team!! OOps!!!