Class A Eight for State (Prediction Time)

skydogg25

Word to the wise...don't engrave Goodpasture on anything yet. Jackson Christian has no weaknesses in their game...they hit, their gloves are good, their pitching is solid, and the coach knows the game and his kids. Better team all around than some of the Riverside teams of recent history. Goodpasture may run rule them and make me look silly, but don't be shocked if JCS wins the whole thing without a loss (yes, I realize that there are some great teams in this year). I'm very proud of the SH Lions for battling through a tough season to return, they've knocked out several very good teams and will not go down easy...they would have to be flawless against JCS to win, as will most teams there. One post in eight pages proclaimed them among the favorites, just not sure everyone is aware of their talent level. 

Word to the wise...don't engrave Goodpasture on anything yet. Jackson Christian has no weaknesses in their game...they hit, their gloves are good, their pitching is solid, and the coach knows the game and his kids. Better team all around than some of the Riverside teams of recent history. Goodpasture may run rule them and make me look silly, but don't be shocked if JCS wins the whole thing without a loss (yes, I realize that there are some great teams in this year). I'm very proud of the SH Lions for battling through a tough season to return, they've knocked out several very good teams and will not go down easy...they would have to be flawless against JCS to win, as will most teams there. One post in eight pages proclaimed them among the favorites, just not sure everyone is aware of their talent level. 

Yeah with Goodapsture playing JCS in the first round and the second game of the evening it kind of feels as though us and Forrest are there to do an exhibition game before the real men play, hopefully we can play well and show the state that we can play a little as well because if there has been a team that has had no one talk about them it would be our guys!

Yeah with Goodapsture playing JCS in the first round and the second game of the evening it kind of feels as though us and Forrest are there to do an exhibition game before the real men play, hopefully we can play well and show the state that we can play a little as well because if there has been a team that has had no one talk about them it would be our guys!

Trust me when I say that Goodpasture has not engraved or assumed anything. GP just got by a dogfight with So. Pitt and GP is fully aware of the competition moving forward.

As for Boyd not receiving any respect, I think that is unfounded. Boyd has been in every conversation I have seen in this forum. For that matter apparently Boyd is so good that they have their own forum topic with tons of posts and accolades. I don't recall a forum topic specifically for GP.

If I would have posted my top 4 before the post season started; in no specific order I would have included Summertown, Boyd, Jackson Christian, & Goodpasture.

Trust me when I say that Goodpasture has not engraved or assumed anything. GP just got by a dogfight with So. Pitt and GP is fully aware of the competition moving forward.

As for Boyd not receiving any respect, I think that is unfounded. Boyd has been in every conversation I have seen in this forum. For that matter apparently Boyd is so good that they have their own forum topic with tons of posts and accolades. I don't recall a forum topic specifically for GP.

If I would have posted my top 4 before the post season started; in no specific order I would have included Summertown, Boyd, Jackson Christian, & Goodpasture.

no where did I say we get no respect but you are kidding yourself if you don't realize that going into this season that you guys, Summertown, and JCS were the three favorites and have stayed that way all season and now that Summertown has fallen its strange to see the big two in most minds have to play game one, MY point is that there are six other teams there that can play and knowing the coaches at JCS and Goodpasture as we do they will tell there kids that. As far as the thread on us, I put that there so some of our fans could see the news topics on our kids is the only reason and yes our community as falling in love for these boys and hopefully you will see why because most of it is not for how they play the game but mostly for how they love and share it in  a Christian manner.

Edited by skydogg25

no where did I say we get no respect but you are kidding yourself if you don't realize that going into this season that you guys, Summertown, and JCS were the three favorites and have stayed that way all season and now that Summertown has fallen its strange to see the big two in most minds have to play game one, MY point is that there are six other teams there that can play and knowing the coaches at JCS and Goodpasture as we do they will tell there kids that. As far as the thread on us I put that there so some of our fans could see the news topics on our kids is the only reason and yes our community as falling in love for these boys and hopefully you will see why becuase most of it is not for our they play the game but mostly for our they love and share it in a Christian manner.

When you stated that it feels like we are playing a exhibition game before the real men play, that implies no respect. I have already became follower of Boyd, specifically because of the Boyd topic. My point was that Boyd is considered and has been a contender in my eyes.

I do consider it unfortunate that GP and JC have to meet in game 1 but I was also not pleased to see Boyd and Forrest in this bracket.

When you stated that it feels like we are playing a exhibition game before the real men play, that implies no respect. I have already became follower of Boyd, specifically because of the Boyd topic. My point was that Boyd is considered and has been a contender in my eyes.

I do consider it unfortunate that GP and JC have to meet in game 1 but I was also not pleased to see Boyd and Forrest in this bracket.

it wasnt meant that way it was me saying just how much respect we have for the teams that will follow our game is all....we are a good team no matter what happens this next week...the eight teams who have got there have proved that already now its a sprint to the finish line for the remaining eight and as I said should make for some great baseball!!

Yeah with Goodapsture playing JCS in the first round and the second game of the evening it kind of feels as though us and Forrest are there to do an exhibition game before the real men play, hopefully we can play well and show the state that we can play a little as well because if there has been a team that has had no one talk about them it would be our guys!

I didn't mean to imply that Boyd (or anyone else still playing) had no chance to win this thing, I was just pointing out the fact that Goodpasture had gotten lots of "ink" from posters in regard to being the favorites all season. There are no "cupcakes" left at this point, and believe me that Boyd has plenty of respect from the west. What I intended was to point out that JCS is definitely at the level of teams who've won the tournament in recent history, and that they have not been mentioned (IMO) often enough as one of the favorites. There are teams playing with some impressive records, and "on paper" Scotts Hill would have the longest odds against...don't take us lightly either, on a good day anyone there will have their hands full! Good luck to y'all with Forrest and the rest of the bracket, love to meet at the end to decide this thing...no matter what the odds are!

• Upvote 1