A-AA Post Season - Predictions, Scores and Analysis

saw4ND

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he suspended the next game, which would be region semi.

Is he suspended the next game, which would be region semi.

This is what the TSSAA handbook says:

B. On the ejection of the student-athlete, the school will be required to submit a report on the action of the player and any disciplinary action taken by the school. The minimum penalty will be as follows:

1. Football – 1 Game Suspension

2. Soccer – 2 Game Suspension except for the following offenses which shall result in a 1 Game

Suspension:

a. A player anywhere on the field (other than a goalkeeper within his/her own penalty area) who deliberately handles a ball to prevent it from going into the goal.

b. A foul by a player against an opponent who is moving toward his/her offensive goal with an obvious opportunity to score.

There is no distinction for an ejection because of 2 cautions.

This is what the TSSAA handbook says:

B. On the ejection of the student-athlete, the school will be required to submit a report on the action of the player and any disciplinary action taken by the school. The minimum penalty will be as follows:

1. Football – 1 Game Suspension

2. Soccer – 2 Game Suspension except for the following offenses which shall result in a 1 Game

Suspension:

a. A player anywhere on the field (other than a goalkeeper within his/her own penalty area) who deliberately handles a ball to prevent it from going into the goal.

b. A foul by a player against an opponent who is moving toward his/her offensive goal with an obvious opportunity to score.

There is no distinction for an ejection because of 2 cautions.

I think this may be incomplete information on the current application for red/yellow cards. 

depends....if a straight red...he has to sit out 2 games.  if a soft red (two yellows) he can play the next game

Correct, sort off... One match suspension for DOGSO (denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity.  Unclear about double yellow as the TSSAA handbook is poorly written in that area.  Not a slight, just needs to be clarified.

Time to go get a lotto ticket.

Bucs beat CSAS 2-0

Come on Signal I just need you to lose. I want to see that Troll man at the Swamp Saturday.  :popcorneater:

Troll will be on the mountain Sat.  Better get your team ready for the best mid's we've seen all year (including SE Whitfield).  No. 3 and No. 11 are great with a ball at their feet and #11 will try to qualify for an Academy Award for flopping if they get down.  They are a great passing team.    

He sold one late…went down with arms flailing backwards like he was shot in the back in a WWII film!  But he has great foot skills and apparently has found his flopping works.  If you can sell it, PK's will come!

Edited by tarp