Prayers for the Giles County Community

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for everyone's thoughts and comments. It really does mean a lot to the Giles family. I would also like to thank the staff & players from CPA. You guys showing up for the funeral today was first class! And to all the folks who took time out of their day to line the funeral procession route, thank you.

A fine young man was laid to rest today in a small country family cemetery. It was perfect for Tison. In the country surrounded by hay fields, creeks, and hills. He was surrounded by his family, teammates, coaches, and a huge crowd of friends. Tison would have probably been embarrassed about all the attention. He would have been more concerned about everyone who attended the funeral and the graveside service. He would have been asking each and every one of them how they were doing and was everything ok in their life. That was the Tison everybody knew. As long as everyone else was ok Tison was good.

As I spent time with all the players today a few of them talked to me about wanting to be like Tison. I understood what they were saying. It was not directed towards football accomplishments. They were talking about the character, honesty, integrity, and his genuine caring nature for everybody. He was only 16 but was already a leader. Tison led by example not words.

Tison was a product of wonderful parents and grandparents. They were his mentors and his examples. At least one of them were at every practice and all were at the games. A great family raising a wonderful young man. We are all better people because of them.

WOMG - Thanks for sharing how great a young man he was .. but by your comments his character has been infectious to others and others will be better because of knowing him .. from the Fulton Falcon family .. continued prayers of comfort to his family and the Giles family. 

Thanks so much for everyone's thoughts and comments. It really does mean a lot to the Giles family. I would also like to thank the staff & players from CPA. You guys showing up for the funeral today was first class! And to all the folks who took time out of their day to line the funeral procession route, thank you.

A fine young man was laid to rest today in a small country family cemetery. It was perfect for Tison. In the country surrounded by hay fields, creeks, and hills. He was surrounded by his family, teammates, coaches, and a huge crowd of friends. Tison would have probably been embarrassed about all the attention. He would have been more concerned about everyone who attended the funeral and the graveside service. He would have been asking each and every one of them how they were doing and was everything ok in their life. That was the Tison everybody knew. As long as everyone else was ok Tison was good.

As I spent time with all the players today a few of them talked to me about wanting to be like Tison. I understood what they were saying. It was not directed towards football accomplishments. They were talking about the character, honesty, integrity, and his genuine caring nature for everybody. He was only 16 but was already a leader. Tison led by example not words.

Tison was a product of wonderful parents and grandparents. They were his mentors and his examples. At least one of them were at every practice and all were at the games. A great family raising a wonderful young man. We are all better people because of them.

Well said WOMG!!! I know the family and knew Tison, and you nailed it right on the head. A remarkable young man who will be remembered by his character and great personality. I know people are asking why, but the man up stairs knows best. To the family, team, and community I know its hard, but just trust in God he will bring you guys through this. #RIPTISON #BobcatAlum