New 32 team 6A Proposal

mjuhb

East Hamilton lost to Cleveland in the playoffs. A week later Cleveland was beaten for the 2nd time by Knox West. 1st game was kinda close. The playoff game was a blowout. Maryville beat that same Knox West team 42-20 in a game not as close as the final score. West scored only 1 offensive touchdown against Maryville's 1st string. Their 1st touchdown came off a blocked punt. Their last TD was scored on the last play of the game against Maryville backups. Of course comparitive scores dont matter.

Bradley played Maryville tough in the 1st half. 14-14 at the half. Maryville adjusted and got out to a 42-14 lead before their reserves took over. Bradley scored their last TD on Maryville reserves.

I learned a long time ago you can't use comparitive scores even though I used comparitive scores in the 1st paragraph. I remember 3rd round of the playoffs in 2006. Undefeated Red Bank vs Undefeated Maryville. Red Bank beat Brainerd 77-8 earlier that season. Maryville beat Brainerd 30-26 in the opening round of the playoffs. Stump Martin was on radio saying Maryville is in for a whipping. Everyone was saying look how much worse Red Bank beat Brainerd so Red Bank would whip Maryville. Maryville whips Red Bank 38-14.

I remember another time Red Bank came to Maryville with high expectations - 2008.  That year Halls (which is the last region/district opponent to have beaten Maryville IIRC, oh my how times have changed) played Maryville tough during the season, losing 38-30 in a game that went back and forth.  We destroyed Rhea County in the first round and then went to Red Bank and got our tails whipped by a very big and agressive RB team.  I said to myself, "Self, you should go to the Maryville vs Red Bank game in the third round because that's going to be a good game and Maryville is going to get its comeuppance."  I went.  Red Bank was mighty fired up, so much so that they started jumping around mid-field generally making a nuisance of themselves before the game.  They too thought Maryville was going to get a comeuppance.  Final score anybody?  And it wasn't even that close.

Edited by Halls4Generations

I remember another time Red Bank came to Maryville with high expectations - 2008.  That year Halls (which is the last region/district opponent to have beaten Maryville IIRC, oh my how times have changed) played Maryville tough during the season, losing 38-30 in a game that went back and forth.  We destroyed Rhea County in the first round and then went to Red Bank and got our tails whipped by a very big and agressive RB team.  I said to myself, "Self, you should go to the Maryville vs Red Bank game in the third round because that's going to be a good game and Maryville is going to get its comeuppance."  I went.  Red Bank was mighty fired up, so much so that they started jumping around mid-field generally making a nuisance of themselves before the game.  They too thought Maryville was going to get a comeuppance.  Final score anybody?  And it wasn't even that close.

Hauls4Gennyrashuns eye thaink hit musta ben 2007......We didun't play tham inn '08...... :popcorneater:

http://new.chattanoogan.com/2007/11/24/117539/Maryville-Ends-Red-Bank-Title-Hopes.aspx

Murvul only played Red Bank twice and in both of those seasons (2006, 07) , THEY beat Rhea Co. in the playoffs.

Regardless, they beat Red Bank 38-14 with Riggs, 52-20 without.

APB we beet Riggs and tha Lie'uns inn 2001....36-14.......And Red Baink twicest az ewe pointed out inn '06 and '07.... :popcorneater: