Maryville College 7 on 7 Perimeter Passing Day

Game with Elizabethton was competitive, close. They maybe had 2 scores, we had one. Like Jake said, the boys looked better against Catholic than in the spring game. Other than a few double moves, the DBs played pretty well. Other 2 games against Cleveland and Sequoyah looked like varsity against freshman to be honest. Deep passes and INT all over in the Govs favor.

Didn't the govs play Tn High today?

How many did the Govs win?

I have no idea how they even keep up with who wins one of those things to be honest.....they don't move the football, they just ran 10 plays and the ball came back to the same spot everytime, so the only way to score was to throw it over everyone's head.  So, to answer your question, I have no idea how many the Govs actually won or lost.....and I don't think with the set up they were playing with today that many people even look at that.  WB saw what they need to work on.....IMO, receivers have got to run sharper, more detailed routes, when they got a little tired their routes were very lazy and no one could get open, it looked like we were jogging.  Obviously, the QB's need to continue to work on reading the defense and getting quicker and quicker at doing that, as they will not have the same time to throw when real football starts as they do in these 7 on 7's.

I have no idea how they even keep up with who wins one of those things to be honest.....they don't move the football, they just ran 10 plays and the ball came back to the same spot everytime, so the only way to score was to throw it over everyone's head.  So, to answer your question, I have no idea how many the Govs actually won or lost.....and I don't think with the set up they were playing with today that many people even look at that.  WB saw what they need to work on.....IMO, receivers have got to run sharper, more detailed routes, when they got a little tired their routes were very lazy and no one could get open, it looked like we were jogging.  Obviously, the QB's need to continue to work on reading the defense and getting quicker and quicker at doing that, as they will not have the same time to throw when real football starts as they do in these 7 on 7's.

Yeah, I thought the format was odd, myself.  Of course, with not having any officials it would have been difficult to actually have any kind of "game", anyway. 

Yeah, I thought the format was odd, myself. Of course, with not having any officials it would have been difficult to actually have any kind of "game", anyway.

This 7 on 7 wasn't abt winning and losing. It was abt helping offenses get the timing down, and seeing different types of defenses, stuff like that.

But I did watch a 7 on 7 championship on ESPNU last week where they kept score. It was fun to watch.

This 7 on 7 wasn't abt winning and losing. It was abt helping offenses get the timing down, and seeing different types of defenses, stuff like that.

But I did watch a 7 on 7 championship on ESPNU last week where they kept score. It was fun to watch.

This was the first of many we've participated in that didn't actually have some sort of scoring mechanism in the format.  Probably best for all, given where we are in the season, but hard to get a grasp on how you stack up against competition.

Saw lots of substitutions and some mismatches created  because of 1's going against 2's and 3's...

Good format for reps and shaking the cobwebs...but will be glad to get back to a more "game style" 7 on 7 moving forward.

Depends on who is holding it and what the format is. 

Yesterday was the first time I have been to that particular event.  I went to one either last year or the year before held a little later at Mavyville College (I think it was actually put on by Alcoa High , if memory serves) that was a true 7 on 7 100 yard field competition with officials, rules, and a working scoreboard. 

Also been to events at Webb, and back when my son was still playing in the mid 2000s at Anderson County, where there were officials and a live scoreboard.