Region 1 single a predictions

landerfan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know but what can you do?I got the total number this morn 27 kids,thats as low as i can remember for GB.The first 11 are as good as anyone but if a cog breaks off a wheel we know where the wagon goes.I am old school but you cant compete without the work horses.

My first 2 years on the football team, we had about 28 players.  Coach Lunsford beat the shat out of us from day 1 til the playoffs were over.  The only players who were off limits were the qb and later in the season, the running backs.  The linemen need to hit every week.  I remember week 9, we were preparing for sunbright.  At that point, I was beat up and bruised but coach L hollered for all of us to get on the field.  It was only 25 that day and spittin snow.  2 on 2 with a ball carrier and full contact against the jv. 

My first 2 years on the football team, we had about 28 players.  Coach Lunsford beat the shat out of us from day 1 til the playoffs were over.  The only players who were off limits were the qb and later in the season, the running backs.  The linemen need to hit every week.  I remember week 9, we were preparing for sunbright.  At that point, I was beat up and bruised but coach L hollered for all of us to get on the field.  It was only 25 that day and spittin snow.  2 on 2 with a ball carrier and full contact against the jv.

I apologize to take off the topic.KING i am 43 played for Bill Satterfield,believe me this wouldnt even be a conversation then.I also was a lineman and we beat the snot out of each other while the pretty boys were running routes.I dont know what the difference is nowadays but kids get hurt all the time,we very seldom had kids hurt bad enough not to practice or play(and if you didnt practice you didnt play).I cant blame them in a way but tbats also part of the conditioning phase.I am going to watch the scrimmage today and see how much or if it has any effect on the play.I know they are a physical bunch,just hope it dont make them soft.

I apologize to take off the topic.KING i am 43 played for Bill Satterfield,believe me this wouldnt even be a conversation then.I also was a lineman and we beat the snot out of each other while the pretty boys were running routes.I dont know what the difference is nowadays but kids get hurt all the time,we very seldom had kids hurt bad enough not to practice or play(and if you didnt practice you didnt play).I cant blame them in a way but tbats also part of the conditioning phase.I am going to watch the scrimmage today and see how much or if it has any effect on the play.I know they are a physical bunch,just hope it dont make them soft.

You don't have to apologize.  It needs to be brought up.  Kids today are soft.  I'm 37 and no dude wore a pink shirt to school in my day.  I see young fellers today wearing skinny jeans and just shake my head.  I do remember Bill Satterfield.  He was a mirror image of coach Luns and it showed when we played each other in 92 and 94.  You could tell the greenback lineman had worked hard all year.  I played guard and I dreaded when the D-line shifted and I had to block James Willis.  He was also the tailback for GB in 94. 

that's good to hear,hope there was on injuries on either side

Looked like all stayed injury free and Cloudland never flinched..For a 1a school,I'm sure they earned some respect. Its just my opinion,but after the affairs of today,I'd say Cloudland and Hampton will settle who  the top dog is in week 10. 

You don't have to apologize.  It needs to be brought up.  Kids today are soft.  I'm 37 and no dude wore a pink shirt to school in my day.  I see young fellers today wearing skinny jeans and just shake my head.  I do remember Bill Satterfield.  He was a mirror image of coach Luns and it showed when we played each other in 92 and 94.  You could tell the greenback lineman had worked hard all year.  I played guard and I dreaded when the D-line shifted and I had to block James Willis.  He was also the tailback for GB in 94. 

I was just scrolling through where my son had this site up and saw your post KING. My son just happens to be the son of James Willis you were referring to in your post. He is #8 and is a Sophomore on this year's Cherokee squad. He got a big kick out of your reference to his Dad from 20 years ago and so did my husband! Thanks for the compliment & I can tell you that he is teaching both our boys that same style of football to this day. Our GB squad may be small in number this year, but boy do they have heart! Injury free football is a necessity for us this year, but barring that and good line play we have what we need in the skill positions to make some noise. We do go slightly a little deeper than 11 because my son plays backup QB right now and backup for a lot of other positions and rotates @ TE. He is a little bigger than his Dad was@ 203# but not quite as tall @ 6'0. Being a sophomore and 15 he has a little more growing in him to do. James was a little shy of 6'3 and 190. We just don't go real deep. We have some rotations and the players know a lot of positions. Like my husband tells my son all the time you can only have 11 on the field at a time so barring key injuries we will be just fine. We joke that Hunter is big enough and competitive enough to be threw in there as a linemen if need be (but QB is his true calling)! This is going to be an interesting season with a lot of knowns and unknowns, but if everything goes as needed, we have some big play makers and some Sophomores and Juniors that have been biding their time to show what they have that's yet to be fully seen.

Pujo I hear you guys get Avery in the Jamboree, please throw some points up on them saw a poster on ncpreps say he saw some jv nc teams that could beat hampton so please tell mike to give him  something to look at. I got so tired of the disrespect tn teams get up there. If Cloudland beats them its all ways  "well thats the worst team averys has had in years" I dont expect them to think we are football gods lol but just give us a little respect.