Region 1 single a predictions

landerfan

Got Sullival Central and also the big scrimmage over at Avery. Also got the Jamboree. We should learn alot by the 1st game. Starting position are really up for grabs at this point.We don't have a ton of kids but theres not much fluff with this bunch. I'm sure we have 20 kids who could play on Friday nights.

That is great news Pujo. Thanks. It is always a plus when kids are competing for positions. Whomever ends up in the starting positions will be battle tested and appreciate the position more.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great news Pujo. Thanks. It is always a plus when kids are competing for positions. Whomever ends up in the starting positions will be battle tested and appreciate the position more.

Yep and it also gives you some quality depth. I've watched um quite a bit and the one's who will be starting will have to earn the right. Its a good thing to have it that way.

Edited by pujo

Does anyone else think it might be a bad choice for Cloudland to play Tennessee high this Friday,I know they need to play some stiff competition to get ready for the up coming season.i also know you have to play some bigger schools to get better,I just hope no one gets hurt.

Apt to get someone injured at a practice or in any game, Our Jv's have toi go against the varsity all the time. At least its varsity against varsity.I'd also bet TH will play alot of younger kids and non starters to see who can help them with depth during the season.It should be alot of fun.

This is one of the few times I have disagreed with you Pujo....and I may end up wrong....I'd about bet TH will bring their "A" game....No way that coach will let a 1A come to his house and not get the total pkg....It may not last four qtrs, but I'd be looking for a war on that new turf

Got Sullival Central and also the big scrimmage over at Avery. Also got the Jamboree. We should learn alot by the 1st game. Starting position are really up for grabs at this point.We don't have a ton of kids but theres not much fluff with this bunch. I'm sure we have 20 kids who could play on Friday nights.

:thumb:

Does anyone else think it might be a bad choice for Cloudland to play Tennessee high this Friday,I know they need to play some stiff competition to get ready for the up coming season.i also know you have to play some bigger schools to get better,I just hope no one gets hurt.

i would say this will be a very controlled scrimmage,I think they will let them get at it for a quarter but after that it's probably gonna be some of the younger kids,no one can afford any injuries but for a small school as Cloudland it could brake the season.

Old king says it will be good for the landers. No, we can't afford injuries but it could happen in a scrimmage with anyone. You take the risk anytime you put on the pads. If the landers ain't gonna hit in practice, then they need to hit somebody. I hope that philosophy gets abandoned this year. It didn't work out to well at the end of last season. My prediction for this scrimmage? ? Pain :)

This is one of the few times I have disagreed with you Pujo....and I may end up wrong....I'd about bet TH will bring their "A" game....No way that coach will let a 1A come to his house and not get the total pkg....It may not last four qtrs, but I'd be looking for a war on that new turf

I'd say they'll get a couple of series with the 1,s, I Think I'll mosey over and see for myself.

Old king says it will be good for the landers. No, we can't afford injuries but it could happen in a scrimmage with anyone. You take the risk anytime you put on the pads. If the landers ain't gonna hit in practice, then they need to hit somebody. I hope that philosophy gets abandoned this year. It didn't work out to well at the end of last season. My prediction for this scrimmage? ? Pain :)

Greenback as of now is abandoning full cantact,about 30 kids and no depth after the first 11.I hope it will work out for them the scrimmage Karns today so i will have a more info on them after that.Last yr we had alot of talent but injuries took us out of the picture somewhat.Its a risk but you have tto stay healthy in these small schools.

Greenback as of now is abandoning full cantact,about 30 kids and no depth after the first 11.I hope it will work out for them the scrimmage Karns today so i will have a more info on them after that.Last yr we had alot of talent but injuries took us out of the picture somewhat.Its a risk but you have tto stay healthy in these small schools.

ONB, Its a big catch-22....To abandon full contact kinda gives "preparing" a new meaning

ONB, Its a big catch-22....To abandon full contact kinda gives "preparing" a new meaning

I know but what can you do?I got the total number this morn 27 kids,thats as low as i can remember for GB.The first 11 are as good as anyone but if a cog breaks off a wheel we know where the wagon goes.I am old school but you cant compete without the work horses.