Districts 11-12A (Region 6A)

If y'all want to talk about who owns the hardwood, go to Linden. All the district, Region, and Substate championships wouldn't even fit in the gym in Linden. That's why the folks in Linden only put up State Championship and Runner-Up banners.

Thats the point, nobody wants to because nobody cares this time of year. What wins football championships is when the young men that don't play basketball are lifting weights and running during the off season. I guess if any of my boys had played I might have liked it better but they wouldn't and won't even talk about it, there's only one sport in their eyes!

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the point, nobody wants to because nobody cares this time of year. What wins football championships is when the young men that don't play basketball are lifting weights and running during the off season. I guess if any of my boys had played I might have liked it better but they wouldn't and won't even talk about it, there's only one sport in their eyes!

+1 :thumb:

I agree with you Wildcat. I was just saying that to try to get the Collinwood folk to hush about the hardwood. I'm a seasonal type of guy. From July to about mid November i'm all football, but once late November to late February comes around i'm in Basketball mode, then from March to June i'm back to baseball. Right now we're tossing the ol' pigskin. 

Edited by PCsupporter4life

I agree with you Wildcat. I was just saying that to try to get the Collinwood folk to hush about the hardwood. I'm a seasonal type of guy. From July to about mid November i'm all football, but once late November to late February comes around i'm in Basketball mode, then from March to June i'm back to baseball. Right now we're tossing the ol' pigskin.

My two oldest sons both gave up baseball after their eighth grade year and it looks as if my youngest is going to do the same if he even plays baseball again this year, he's said he wants to get ready for his freshman year of football and just lift weights. If that's what he wants then I totally support him in his decision.

My two oldest sons both gave up baseball after their eighth grade year and it looks as if my youngest is going to do the same if he even plays baseball again this year, he's said he wants to get ready for his freshman year of football and just lift weights. If that's what he wants then I totally support him in his decision.

Can't force children to do what they don't want to do. If my sons back in the day wanted to play cricket or something i would back them up one hundred percent of the way and make it to every game. If your son doesn't want to play baseball just go, "Hey i support you son, whatever makes you happy, makes me happy."