1A season cancelled. Union City & Nasville Christian to play for title!

gtripledip

Sounds crazy doesn't it. Well according to all the talking heads and a few parents on this message board, the 1A season is just a formality. According to them, Union City and Nashville Christian will play on Thanksgiving day. In my opinion, they both have a shot, but then again, neither of them could be playing in Cookeville. It's along season, lots can happen. Injuries to key players or an interception or fumble at the wrong time. I admit both UC and NCS have some talent. But that's why we play the games. It's great to support your team and to have faith but let's not get the cart in front of the horse. There are a lot of good 1A teams out there. To many to name. There will be some surprises and upsets during the season. Let's just play the games and see who's standing in the end.

Guest hevyrevy1611

No matter the records, any team.. on any given day, can beat another team. No guarantees at all. Many times the better team loses for freakish reasons. That's why we love this game, and always have hope, and line em up and play ball! :D

• Upvote 1

LMBO, good one. I laughed out loud. I will say this. If Union City stays healthy, no one in 1A comes close. Long season, yes, but they are the cream of the crop this year.

I remember a lot of people penciled in the Pirates in 2008 and they were riding a 26 game winning streak going into TC and lost a squeaker during one of the coldest nights I ever recall a Tennessee game being played. 

Okay guys if you will go over to the UC and NCS boards you will see that both fan bases are being conservative about what is being said. We only hope to be back in the mix. I have said repeatedly that there are many things that can go wrong. If anyone is crowning a 1A king it is fans of other teams saying such things. We know what the road ahead can bring. With that being said. ....thanks for the support.

Okay guys if you will go over to the UC and NCS boards you will see that both fan bases are being conservative about what is being said. We only hope to be back in the mix. I have said repeatedly that there are many things that can go wrong. If anyone is crowning a 1A king it is fans of other teams saying such things. We know what the road ahead can bring. With that being said. ....thanks for the support.

Conservative. Lol. I guess I shouldn't lump everyone together but there are many many NCS and UC fans saying it's them and everybody else is playing for second.

That's right trippledip. The posters who are declaring UC the Champs are from other schools. No one from UC and I mean no one is saying anything other than it is a long hard road to the Title Game. We hope we can get back. We have been there before and know that it is tough to get back.