Blackman / Oakland - ESPN2

mat73557

I doubt Maryville could beat either team at this point in the season. By the end of the season it will hard to pick against Maryville. I thought Oakland was the more talented, but they didn't have a Jennings. As for Oakland's offense....don't think they utilize their weapons very well. Oakland's QB is an excellent player.

I agree and I think that comes down to coaching! Coach S is more seasoned and I think Coach M is still learning! Just my opinion!

Edited by warhawks

Saw that Blackman moved up in the nationalhsfootball rankings...  And look what else... :o :eek: :o

47 (86) Blackman Murfreesboro (TN) 1-0 def. No. 48 Oakland, 28-21

48 (47) Oakland Murfreesboro (TN) 0-1 lost to No. 47 Blackman, 28-21

49 (48) Maryville Maryville (TN) 1-0 def. Webb, 28-7

Edited by mat73557

I'd like to see them step up, stay a bit closer to home and play BA, MBA and/or Ensworth.  Plenty of good football to be had right here in middle Tennessee.

Maybe they will do so once the new rules come into play and the out of district games won't have any potential effect on their playoff aspirations.

Agree it's fun when they play, but as long as they keep coming into Rutherford Co pulling players from these programs they won't willingly invite them in unless it is a last resort kind of thing to find games.

Saw that Blackman moved up in the nationalhsfootball rankings...  And look what else... :o :eek: :o

47 (86) Blackman Murfreesboro (TN) 1-0 def. No. 48 Oakland, 28-21

48 (47) Oakland Murfreesboro (TN) 0-1 lost to No. 47 Blackman, 28-21

49 (48) Maryville Maryville (TN) 1-0 def. Webb, 28-7

Maryville will be ranked higher than Oakland or Blackman before long

Yeah it is safe to say both teams are definitely more physically talented than Maryville is, but Maryville has beaten a lot of superior talented teams in the past. Always gotta factor in their superior coaching. They are blessed to have the best staff out there.

I guess White Haven must have

Had superior Coaching.

Edited by bladerunner