Blackman / Oakland - ESPN2

mat73557

I was saying players like them in the future could very well be going to Tennessee

I agree, UT has never had a problem getting the very top rated talent out of Memphis in football.

TBH they are very stacked at LB over the next few years, to include some more kids coming in next year. Nothing against McMillon b/c he is a beast but they just have other needs to address.....

Yeah I know, that's why they didn't heavily pursue either. Not saying either one would of committed to UT, but UT didn't make them a priority.

Hate it when people question my Fandom... So, I'll move on... The QB from Blackman could easily lead his team to Cookeville. Those too teams seemed to have pretty decent team speed, I was surprised. 

Hate it when people question my Fandom... So, I'll move on... The QB from Blackman could easily lead his team to Cookeville. Those too teams seemed to have pretty decent team speed, I was surprised. 

Blackman has one of the best high school defensive lines that I've seen. Completely dominant against Oakland

I'd like to see Blackman or Oakland play Kell or Valdosta from Georgia

I'd like to see them step up, stay a bit closer to home and play BA, MBA and/or Ensworth.  Plenty of good football to be had right here in middle Tennessee.

Maybe they will do so once the new rules come into play and the out of district games won't have any potential effect on their playoff aspirations.

I honestly wasnt really that serious about it, just messin w/ ya more than anything, I know you are knowledgeable and are not just some "fanboy" when it comes to football.....lol

I'd like to see them step up, stay a bit closer to home and play BA, MBA and/or Ensworth.  Plenty of good football to be had right here in middle Tennessee.

Maybe they will do so once the new rules come into play and the out of district games won't have any potential effect on their playoff aspirations.

How exactly did Ensworth get so good in so short a time..... :popcorneater:

How exactly did Ensworth get so good in so short a time..... :popcorneater:

Great coaching, tremendous discipline, winning attitude and great athletes.  Kids simply want to go there for the education, the athletics and the atmosphere.  Every kid that stays and graduates (athletic or not) works their butt off in all areas of his or her life.  It is definitely not the easy road through high school, and it is not free, even for those who receive financial aid, but the ones who make it through all say it was well worth the effort. Do you have some problem with that?

This thread is not, however, about Ensworth.  It is about the Blackman/Oakland game.  Great game and I feel that both teams represented the State of Tennessee extremely well.  I would not be surprised to see a different outcome if/when these two play at the end of the season. 

Edited by RedRobin1

Great coaching, tremendous discipline, winning attitude and great athletes.  Kids simply want to go there for the education, the athletics and the atmosphere.  Every kid that stays and graduates (athletic or not) works their butt off in all areas of his or her life.  It is definitely not the easy road through high school, and it is not free, even for those who receive financial aid, but the ones who make it through all say it was well worth the effort. Do you have some problem with that?

This thread is not, however, about Ensworth.  It is about the Blackman/Oakland game.  Great game and I feel that both teams represented the State of Tennessee extremely well.  I would not be surprised to see a different outcome if/when these two play at the end of the season. 

Nope, not as long as they have their own division, do feel its unfair to compare teams not in their division to them however.....

I agree, it could very well shake up the same way as last year, either of these teams would be extremely difficult to beat twice in the same season.....

Nope, not as long as they have their own division, do feel its unfair to compare teams not in their division to them however.....

I wasn't comparing - just said I would like to see them schedule each other once in a while.  As you may recall, Ensworth had home/home with both Smyrna and Oakland back in 2009/2010.  I thought they were great games and had hoped at the time that they could turn into annual rivalries.  Then TSSAA changed the rules regarding the Division 1 seeding and that ended that.