Week-0 YAI@White County

Classless

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to give my two cents here. I honestly thought before Sparta scrimmaged Upperman that Sparta would take this game by two or three scores. Now watching that against and I hate to say it a young and inexperienced Upperman team because you got to think they lost 20 Seniors. Anyways with the head coaching changes and Samber moving up there. These Dragons will be ready. Sparta didn't come out and play like I thought at the Jamboree so I think honestly YAI can keep this game pretty close possibly win it by a score. This team will be a lot more experienced than last year up there in Jamestown. 

Just want to give my two cents here. I honestly thought before Sparta scrimmaged Upperman that Sparta would take this game by two or three scores. Now watching that against and I hate to say it a young and inexperienced Upperman team because you got to think they lost 20 Seniors. Anyways with the head coaching changes and Samber moving up there. These Dragons will be ready. Sparta didn't come out and play like I thought at the Jamboree so I think honestly YAI can keep this game pretty close possibly win it by a score. This team will be a lot more experienced than last year up there in Jamestown.

White Co. lost 16 seniors and was a very senior dominated team. Lost 85% of there offense from a year ago. On defense lost 2 DL, 2 LB, and 3 DB's from a year ago and the returning DB being out with an injury. Don't act like Baxter is the only school who had to replace a ton of players. White Co couldn't play there young guys as much because of the grind it out style very similar to (Jeff Fisher football run the ball and play good defense). Now Baxter on the other hand had ample opportunities to empty the bench and play everyone significant snaps which would have helped them more for this season, but chose to run the score up. Why do you think teams like Maryville and Alcoa are so good? Because when they get a big lead they put the young guys in and let them play on Friday nights for the experience. That is why there is rarely ever a drop off because they are used to being under the lights. Edited by theoldballcoachbaby

White Co. lost 16 seniors and was a very senior dominated team. Lost 85% of there offense from a year ago. On defense lost 2 DL, 2 LB, and 3 DB's from a year ago and the returning DB being out with an injury. Don't act like Baxter is the only school who had to replace a ton of players. White Co couldn't play there young guys as much because of the grind it out style very similar to (Jeff Fisher football run the ball and play good defense). Now Baxter on the other hand had ample opportunities to empty the bench and play everyone significant snaps which would have helped them more for this season, but chose to run the score up. Why do you think teams like Maryville and Alcoa are so good? Because when they get a big lead they put the young guys in and let them play on Friday nights for the experience. That is why there is rarely ever a drop off because they are used to being under the lights.

I would think a 5a school could replace 16 seniors easier than a 3a school could 20 players. But, I could be wrong. And I say some of those ran up scores were payback from some score put up on UH in the past. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

White Co. lost 16 seniors and was a very senior dominated team. Lost 85% of there offense from a year ago. On defense lost 2 DL, 2 LB, and 3 DB's from a year ago and the returning DB being out with an injury. Don't act like Baxter is the only school who had to replace a ton of players. White Co couldn't play there young guys as much because of the grind it out style very similar to (Jeff Fisher football run the ball and play good defense). Now Baxter on the other hand had ample opportunities to empty the bench and play everyone significant snaps which would have helped them more for this season, but chose to run the score up. Why do you think teams like Maryville and Alcoa are so good? Because when they get a big lead they put the young guys in and let them play on Friday nights for the experience. That is why there is rarely ever a drop off because they are used to being under the lights.

What you do not understand is Baxter last year had no depth what so ever. We had the starters to beat anybodies brains out around this area and that why we did so. We could not have put 2nd team and 3rd team players in when we were only up by two or three scores. We would have most definitely lost some ball games last year if we would have done so. We couldn't help that we beat teams so bad and our offense was so fast that defenses had there hands on their knees before the ball was snapped in the second quarter. There would be sometimes where we would just score on one play and then the next drive just score on one play. We have never had depth at Upperman we just had a talented group of starters last year and that is all we could manage with. Obviously was the best team in Upperman history so I will take that.

What you do not understand is Baxter last year had no depth what so ever. We had the starters to beat anybodies brains out around this area and that why we did so. We could not have put 2nd team and 3rd team players in when we were only up by two or three scores. We would have most definitely lost some ball games last year if we would have done so. We couldn't help that we beat teams so bad and our offense was so fast that defenses had there hands on their knees before the ball was snapped in the second quarter. There would be sometimes where we would just score on one play and then the next drive just score on one play. We have never had depth at Upperman we just had a talented group of starters last year and that is all we could manage with. Obviously was the best team in Upperman history so I will take that.

You build depth by letting those guys get in the game. You have to build for the future when you get a big lead. You beat Gville 60-14 that game wasn't close play them then. Monterey was never a close game and York was still in the game in the 4th quarter play them then. SC was close until late I understand. Clay co was never close play the young guys. JC was 41-0 let them play. York 56-0 let them play early. MC, DC, and Cannon where all pretty much blow outs. Play the young guys. Like I stated earlier George Quarles and Gary Rankin play the young guys that's why they never rebuild they just reload. They have actual game film of the young guys. How do you know what you have if you never let them play? I know quite a few of the coaches on your schedule last year and none of those guys ever purposely ran up the score except for DC. Possibly York with Dickie.

You build depth by letting those guys get in the game. You have to build for the future when you get a big lead. You beat Gville 60-14 that game wasn't close play them then. Monterey was never a close game and York was still in the game in the 4th quarter play them then. SC was close until late I understand. Clay co was never close play the young guys. JC was 41-0 let them play. York 56-0 let them play early. MC, DC, and Cannon where all pretty much blow outs. Play the young guys. Like I stated earlier George Quarles and Gary Rankin play the young guys that's why they never rebuild they just reload. They have actual game film of the young guys. How do you know what you have if you never let them play? I know quite a few of the coaches on your schedule last year and none of those guys ever purposely ran up the score except for DC. Possibly York with Dickie.

The U ran the score up all year last year. They left York in to pad his stats. That will really hurt them this year. There is no substitute for game experience. If anyone deserves to have the score run up on them this year...it's the U.