What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

""She""didn't get get back on coachT until right now....  Sorry I didn't accept your hospitality.  

My opinion, we are getting worse.  Just seems like a few of the guys aren't motivated to play hard anymore.  I'm not privy to lockerroom etc, but something isn't right... it is obvious.  We just got slaughtered.  Couldn't hit an open shot.  I'm just honestly ashamed of that performance. 

Obviously white did a good job, and hit thier shots/ got rebounds and putbacks enough the first half that the second half didn't even matter.  I don't want to be that guy but at one point the foul count was like 15-3 against us.  13-3 first half and then we had first 2 fouls in second half if my count is correct.  It certainly wouldn't have changed the outcome, but good gracious. Sour grapes... 

Oh well.. have to try and right the ship, circle the wagons, etc... before tourney time.  

Edited by Alumn89

Also I'm going out of town for a few days so I won't be here for the Rhea county game.  Hope we get it together for Senior night.   These seniors have had a hard job to do after the defections from last year...   They deserve a night for them and hopefully we can get them a win.  Proud of them for sticking it out when everyone around them were jumping ship.  

Cumberland County has a fire to them right now, Foster had them pumped last night at Stone (packed house too) - their energy was at another level - hopefully they can ride this into the tournament and against White Co on Friday.  We got 32 from a freshman last night, future is bright for the Jets.

Tenntwin, on 04 Feb 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Cumberland County has a fire to them right now, Foster had them pumped last night at Stone (packed house too) - their energy was at another level - hopefully they can ride this into the tournament and against White Co on Friday.  We got 32 from a freshman last night, future is bright for the Jets.

I agree.  Clark was unreal.  Coach has them going but that seems to be a trend.  They finish strong, always getting better.  He has, what, 2 district titles already as HC?

Guest WilliamPayne

I wont take your "jumping ship" comment to heart too much since you obviously arent involved in kids day to day lives to know why decisions are made. Seems like kids losing focus at the end of the season could be a coaching thing, just my humble opinion.

White county is coming on at the right time. They showed a team effort and Cookeville hasn't done that completely all season. Everybody has played us once and the second time they know what we got. They haven't grown are got better. I've give this group of boys props though, when you was told at the beginning of the year that your not that good by your coach , you have to be tough and I'm very proud of them. As I say that there needs to be more pride in how you play and all the individualism needs to go. With what has happen to the program they have done well . The whole atmosphere last night was awesome . Sparta brings it and I envy there fan base. I feel I program needs to be re energized. Mr. Payne you are correct about your statement.

I agree.  Clark was unreal.  Coach has them going but that seems to be a trend.  They finish strong, always getting better.  He has, what, 2 district titles already as HC?

Yes, CCHS has two under Foster which is a good thing.  He got one with his very first team that went 20-9 then again a few years ago with a .500 team, but we have only won one region game during that time and it was that first team.  I know it starts with district, but we need to set higher goals with regions and sub-states, etc. - sports is a mind-set, attitude, expectations - often you achieve what we aspire and work to be - the higher that we dream/strive for - the more we achieve whether it is a company, team, church, or individual - lead and they will follow!

Yes, CCHS has two under Foster which is a good thing.  He got one with his very first team that went 20-9 then again a few years ago with a .500 team, but we have only won one region game during that time and it was that first team.  I know it starts with district, but we need to set higher goals with regions and sub-states, etc. - sports is a mind-set, attitude, expectations - often you achieve what we aspire and work to be - the higher that we dream/strive for - the more we achieve whether it is a company, team, church, or individual - lead and they will follow!

You are right, our region has been pretty solid out of Chattanooga.  I think Stone was the only team to advance last year, and they were loaded.  It seems like at least one year nobody from our district advanced.

Guest WilliamPayne

I know at least one current player wishes he had. You can take me to the bank in that one and not every kid "junped ship", some had legitimate reasons for leaving.

Guest WilliamPayne

If winning is accredited to the Coach, losing and lack.of effort should be as well. I agree with you about Spartas fans and passion. 2Nd to none in that everyone area in my opinion. They are truly passionate about the team and players.

White county is coming on at the right time. They showed a team effort and Cookeville hasn't done that completely all season. Everybody has played us once and the second time they know what we got. They haven't grown are got better. I've give this group of boys props though, when you was told at the beginning of the year that your not that good by your coach , you have to be tough and I'm very proud of them. As I say that there needs to be more pride in how you play and all the individualism needs to go. With what has happen to the program they have done well . The whole atmosphere last night was awesome . Sparta brings it and I envy there fan base. I feel I program needs to be re energized. Mr. Payne you are correct about your statement.