What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

White county is coming on at the right time. They showed a team effort and Cookeville hasn't done that completely all season. Everybody has played us once and the second time they know what we got. They haven't grown are got better. I've give this group of boys props though, when you was told at the beginning of the year that your not that good by your coach , you have to be tough and I'm very proud of them. As I say that there needs to be more pride in how you play and all the individualism needs to go. With what has happen to the program they have done well . The whole atmosphere last night was awesome . Sparta brings it and I envy there fan base. I feel I program needs to be re energized. Mr. Payne you are correct about your statement.

You seem to have a vested interest in the program. 

Sparta has always been a basketball town to me. At least in the last 30 years or so.  They've always had a great support base for their hoops teams and with a rich tradition, rightly so. I agree, they were outstanding last night. Clever little sign they had as well, lol. 

Edited by Alumn89

Guest WilliamPayne

Alum, you my friend are HILARIOUS. I had some free time on my hands so I went back and read some of your arguments and postings. Very entertaining. I am going to ask the parent that I was texting last night and see if she cares if I post her comments about the Coach and the state of the Program. You seem to be so in the loop and know. Keep in mind, I have a kid that played there. I interacted often with the Coaches. You can type away with your opinions and that's fine, because your right, onky you know w if kids were jumping ship. Not the kids or parents. In fact, you yourself made mention several times on this forum that a few of those kids trasferred for legitimate reasons but now you find a way to take a jab. And yes, it was a jab. If it weren't, it would have never been said. You have said negative things about players but never about coaching. You must be related to Bray. EVERYTHING in high school athletics starts and ends with coaching. EVERYTHING! Cookeville has some good kids, some GREAT kids to be fair. But they played above their talent for the majority of the season. Lack of effort and poor play leads back to COACHING!!!! END OF STORY! I dint need you to believe anything I say. Proof is in the pudding. You have had negative things to say about Hendersonand my son. i re-read where you said many negative things about both. Oh, and both are Top 50 players in the state by the way. Feel free to go to both T/N /PREP/ /HOOPS/ and search for yourself. In fact, both are now Top 25 players inthe state. Every single player that "jumped ship" last season is having a CONSIDERABLY better year away than they had there. I'm not bashing anyone in particular but come on man. Phillips is WAY better at Jackson Co, Schrum is much better, and ny son is averaging 25 points per game, and has lead the ENTIRE state in scoring several different times this season!!! These arent opinions, FACTS!!! NUMBERS DONT LIE. Feel free to utilize the above named website for any verification you may need on the numbers!!! Your right, it has to be the kids, couldn't possibly be poor coaching. No way possible! If you were half as in the loop about how CURRENT players and families felt about YOUR team you would be shocked! Cookeville was outplayed and out coached. Oh, and lets not forget the foul disparitie. Game changer there!!!!

Guest WilliamPayne

Cav93, I'm in no way bashing the kids, unlike some, I would NEVER do that. I have strong emotional ties to several of those players! For Christ sake, my son has grown up with them! They are great kids. But if those kids are getting absolutely destroyed in a rival game at the end of a season and there is even a hint of questioning effort, it is clearly a matter of leadership. I was heavily involved with that program for several years and I know what conversations I had with parents and in the case of at least 2 of them, conversations I still have to this day. I have been in "practice" on multiple occasions and saw Bray do NOTHING! Well, I guess that isnt fair, he was playing angry birds! Attitude reflects leadership! Period. I knew there was no way White Co was going to lose a game in that district and they didn't. I posted it in here weeks before the season. They are more talented and better coached but they had no business getting beaten like that.

It will be a pride game for you guys, #1 seed in the bag for the Warriors, but we want to get one from ya'll if we can.  We need it more.  The Jets played very well tonight - three wins in a row - Knoxville Halls, Rhea Co., and Stone.  

yaul may want it but rhea co., stone, and halls is not us. even though we could lose because of an emotional let down. don't think it will happen. these boys want to go 10-0 in the district and i don't think yaul have the firepower to stop them no disrespect. we may play sloppy consideraing there is not much on the line except a perfect district season for us. and that's alot. im telling you if white co. keeps playing like they did last night and gets fresh back they gonna make a deep run. to your remark earlier about the future yes yaul have a very good fresh. class and yaul are gonna be good for years to come and i think you will contend for the district champ. with everybody else except maybe for stone. cook. has som many to choose from. white co. just reloads with a good group of juniors and sophs and a few fresh. along with a 8th grade that is loaded. warren is young but good like yaul. rhea has som good young players to. the future is gonna be interesting and tight for years to come. but for now, go warriors!

Alum, you my friend are HILARIOUS. I had some free time on my hands so I went back and read some of your arguments and postings. Very entertaining. I am going to ask the parent that I was texting last night and see if she cares if I post her comments about the Coach and the state of the Program. You seem to be so in the loop and know. Keep in mind, I have a kid that played there. I interacted often with the Coaches. You can type away with your opinions and that's fine, because your right, onky you know w if kids were jumping ship. Not the kids or parents. In fact, you yourself made mention several times on this forum that a few of those kids trasferred for legitimate reasons but now you find a way to take a jab. And yes, it was a jab. If it weren't, it would have never been said. You have said negative things about players but never about coaching. You must be related to Bray. EVERYTHING in high school athletics starts and ends with coaching. EVERYTHING! Cookeville has some good kids, some GREAT kids to be fair. But they played above their talent for the majority of the season. Lack of effort and poor play leads back to COACHING!!!! END OF STORY! I dint need you to believe anything I say. Proof is in the pudding. You have had negative things to say about Hendersonand my son. i re-read where you said many negative things about both. Oh, and both are Top 50 players in the state by the way. Feel free to go to both T/N /PREP/ /HOOPS/ and search for yourself. In fact, both are now Top 25 players inthe state. Every single player that "jumped ship" last season is having a CONSIDERABLY better year away than they had there. I'm not bashing anyone in particular but come on man. Phillips is WAY better at Jackson Co, Schrum is much better, and ny son is averaging 25 points per game, and has lead the ENTIRE state in scoring several different times this season!!! These arent opinions, FACTS!!! NUMBERS DONT LIE. Feel free to utilize the above named website for any verification you may need on the numbers!!! Your right, it has to be the kids, couldn't possibly be poor coaching. No way possible! If you were half as in the loop about how CURRENT players and families felt about YOUR team you would be shocked! Cookeville was outplayed and out coached. Oh, and lets not forget the foul disparitie. Game changer there!!!!

william i can't disagree with you however, lighten up on alumna, she means well. im not saying that wasn't a jab. prolly was. she hasn't bashed anyone lately. as far as the sparta cookeville thing i think it's a love hate thing. nothing personal. i can't speak for jon but i know she has some sort of personal thing against kordell. no worries. we just let his play speak for itself. she doesn't think he is d1 but she has a right to her opinion. alot of people and college coaches think he is and that's all that matters. last night there was only 1 d1 player on the court and it wasn't buford. kordell is starting to get alot of attention with his play. he had 42 and 6 dunks against stone fri nit and 20 last night and could hav had more but he didn't have to. he can score when he wants. last year district mvp and upper cumberland co player of the year and 5th in the state in scoring and made the all state team inAAA which in itself says alot. he is a good kid no matter what she thinks or anyone else i know him personaly. there is a lot of media attention and hype around blackwell from cpa and he deserves it but i watched him play the other night and the only diff. between him and kordell is that kordell is a better ball handler. kordell doesn't get quite the media attention that blackwell gets living where he does and that's not fair to him. if white co. can keep winning and make it to state and kordell keeps playing like he has been he will go where ever he wants. congrats on your son's success and good luck in the future.

Guest WilliamPayne

william i can't disagree with you however, lighten up on alumna, she means well. im not saying that wasn't a jab. prolly was. she hasn't bashed anyone lately. as far as the sparta cookeville thing i think it's a love hate thing. nothing personal. i can't speak for jon but i know she has some sort of personal thing against kordell. no worries. we just let his play speak for itself. she doesn't think he is d1 but she has a right to her opinion. alot of people and college coaches think he is and that's all that matters. last night there was only 1 d1 player on the court and it wasn't buford. kordell is starting to get alot of attention with his play. he had 42 and 6 dunks against stone fri nit and 20 last night and could hav had more but he didn't have to. he can score when he wants. last year district mvp and upper cumberland co player of the year and 5th in the state in scoring and made the all state team inAAA which in itself says alot. he is a good kid no matter what she thinks or anyone else i know him personaly. there is a lot of media attention and hype around blackwell from cpa and he deserves it but i watched him play the other night and the only diff. between him and kordell is that kordell is a better ball handler. kordell doesn't get quite the media attention that blackwell gets living where he does and that's not fair to him. if white co. can keep winning and make it to state and kordell keeps playing like he has been he will go where ever he wants. congrats on your son's success and good luck in the future.

Thanks Warrior. I know Kordells talent! I have watched him since 8th grade. But if you recall even you said much earlier in this thread that you thought Alumn had an issue with both John and Kordell. I have gotten to watch Blackwell play a lot. He is a stud man. He doesnt have offers from Kansas, Louisville, and the like for no reason but I would agree I think Kordell is in that discussion. Going to be fun watching it all play out. Sounds like what John did the other night. He had 39 points in less than 3 quarters. Your right about him not bashing lately but a jab is a jab regardless of when and how often you do it. Looking forward to seeing Sparta play at Lebanon! Oh and only player going to college for basketball from those seniors will be Richmond.

Ok buddy, hear you loud and clear . :)

Hey, whadda I know anyway??? I'm just a girl, right??