What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

Wowowow... sounds crazy!!!!!   Wish I could have seen that!   Gotta say I'm shocked.  What is wrong with Crosland?  I thought he was fine now, he was fine against us and I heard he had like 25 agaisnt Cumberland the other night.  

We took the win last night against a scrappy Jets team.  It was by no means easy, really hardly ever is for us.  Thought both teams did some good things but also thought both teams made some silly mistakes.  Refs were bad IMO.  Seemed like they would call 6 straight fouls on us, then like 6 straight fouls on them... weird.   I like that freshman who I thought was a sophomore for CCHS (#12 i think?)  Think he can be really good.  

We missed too many free throws and at times looked out of sync offensively but credit to the boys, they took care of business.  Go Cavs!

Wowowow... sounds crazy!!!!! Wish I could have seen that! Gotta say I'm shocked. What is wrong with Crosland? I thought he was fine now, he was fine against us and I heard he had like 25 agaisnt Cumberland the other night.

His hip injury is aggravating him again. He is clearly hobbled and I dont think he would have played in the second half and overtimes at all last night had our point guard not have fouled out. We are short handed big time right now. Just hoping Crosland and Fresh can get somewhat healthy by tourney time. Fresh is wearing a boot now.

We took the win last night against a scrappy Jets team. It was by no means easy, really hardly ever is for us. Thought both teams did some good things but also thought both teams made some silly mistakes. Refs were bad IMO. Seemed like they would call 6 straight fouls on us, then like 6 straight fouls on them... weird. I like that freshman who I thought was a sophomore for CCHS (#12 i think?) Think he can be really good.

We missed too many free throws and at times looked out of sync offensively but credit to the boys, they took care of business. Go Cavs!

Guest WilliamPayne

Refs have been ATROCIOUS throughout the state this year fellas. No question it is the very worst I have ever seen. Night in and night out, JUST BAD. Seems like every team is affected by it. Hey 90, I heard something directly from a coach this morning that I found interesting. You think Cumberland U has a shot at Kordell?

ha, yea I guess I did huh 90?  I really didn't think it would happen though, especially Warren Co but you just never know.  Why they play the games ... 

Hate to hear that about fresh and crosland.  Those nagging injuries are the worst.  I had one in high school but it was more my foot giving my hips/knees problems or so I was told. I sure do love to hate on you guys but at the end of the day, its all for fun and I sure don't want the kids to be hurt.  Hopefully like you said they can get healthy quick. 

Refs have been ATROCIOUS throughout the state this year fellas. No question it is the very worst I have ever seen. Night in and night out, JUST BAD. Seems like every team is affected by it. Hey 90, I heard something directly from a coach this morning that I found interesting. You think Cumberland U has a shot at Kordell?

Agree Mr. Payne... refs have just been getting worse and worse. Not as people of course, just their quality of officiating.  

I mean you guys know my opinion of Henderson but that would be an absolute STEAL if Cumberland snagged him

Edited by Alumn89

Guest WilliamPayne

It has been Alumn. I mean every single night against both teams, HORRIBLE. Nothing is consistent and kids are getting hurt. A kid from the team we played last night got hurt on a foul and was on the floor for 5 minutes or so. Just poor officiating. In all fairness though Alumn, do a little research into the league that Cumberland plays in. It is unreal tough. ESPN did a lengthy article about that league and named it the most talented league in the country at any level outside of mid-major D1 and above. Every team in that conference has 3,4 or more D1 transfers. Pikeville has 5,Georgetown College has 4, U of Cumberlands has 6, and Campbellsville U has a Florida, Rutgers, Zaga, and Mizzou transfer. It is literally a poor mans D1. So while its a steal on paper, they are the only team in the conference that doesnt have many and its an extremely talented conference.

Interesting... I def didn't know that.  College ball just isn't what it once was.  The 1 year rule where guys can go to the NBA , and then now everyone constantly transferring it seems like on every level of college ball .... I dunno, it is still very entertaining but its more competitive top to bottom.  

But I digress...