What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

Honestly, I am just so tired of beating this dead horse.  I assure you I did not mean what I said to be any "jab".   Call it what you want to call it...  I suppose you would rather me have said that they could have "chose not to play with Cookeville High School" instead of "jumping ship".   I'm sorry you took that so personally.  I guess there is no room for me on this msg board anymore.  

Guest WilliamPayne

@90, I have to brag a little! /Andre Whitehead/ from /unapproved website/ has John on his Mr. Basketball ballot!!! Just posted!!! I didn't see if Kordell was listed or not but you may wanna check!

william i can't disagree with you however, lighten up on alumna, she means well. im not saying that wasn't a jab. prolly was. she hasn't bashed anyone lately. as far as the sparta cookeville thing i think it's a love hate thing. nothing personal. i can't speak for jon but i know she has some sort of personal thing against kordell. no worries. we just let his play speak for itself. she doesn't think he is d1 but she has a right to her opinion. alot of people and college coaches think he is and that's all that matters. last night there was only 1 d1 player on the court and it wasn't buford. kordell is starting to get alot of attention with his play. he had 42 and 6 dunks against stone fri nit and 20 last night and could hav had more but he didn't have to. he can score when he wants. last year district mvp and upper cumberland co player of the year and 5th in the state in scoring and made the all state team inAAA which in itself says alot. he is a good kid no matter what she thinks or anyone else i know him personaly. there is a lot of media attention and hype around blackwell from cpa and he deserves it but i watched him play the other night and the only diff. between him and kordell is that kordell is a better ball handler. kordell doesn't get quite the media attention that blackwell gets living where he does and that's not fair to him. if white co. can keep winning and make it to state and kordell keeps playing like he has been he will go where ever he wants. congrats on your son's success and good luck in the future.

I wish I was as confident about our team as you 90, but it was only a mere 3 games ago when we were fortunate to beat warren county. Good luck Warriors !

I wish I was as confident about our team as you 90, but it was only a mere 3 games ago when we were fortunate to beat warren county. Good luck Warriors !

I agree with you 85. 90warrior, I love our team too, but slow down a little. We are just beating the teams we are supposed to beat, which is a good thing. Let's hold up on the STATE talk. We have to get out of the region first. Which I do think we can, but let's just relax.  When you watched Blackwell play the other night, did you happen to see who played before them on? Yes, that was Blackman. Potentially our sub state opponent.

Edited by MrWalton

I'm a Sparta fan too. I would love for them to make it to the state. I guess I took your post wrong. Our team is good this year, I just don't want them overlook anybody. We have a special player and yes he is playing great right now and yes he can lead them very far. We have a great supporting cast as well, so I'm not saying there isn't a chance. I bleed maroon and gray.

Guest WilliamPayne

I think this is may be the part we disagree on Warrior. As talented as Kordell is,I think if you say one player can carry you, I think it has to be Crosland. Blackmon has 2 or 3 players they match up athletically with Henderson, they may not be as good but athletically they are similar. I dont know if Blackmon has a kid with the motor that Crosland has. It will obviously take a TOTAL team effort to win against any team that comes out of that district but Sparta has the weapons to take a shot at them for sure!

90 why would William be jealous, his son IS on the ballot for Mr. Basketball. I will remain anonymous here, whether that bothers u or not so be it, I have watched the Henderson and Payne kids play, as well as a lot of the top players in the state. The glaring difference between those 2 is wwant and DESIRE. Henderson has ZERO desire or want on the defensive end, unless it's to run a ball down for a possible dunk. The kid is as talented as anyone in the state offensivly but has no heart on defense. There's a reason D1's have passed him up and are still in gyms for the Payne kid SERIOUSLY considering him, with a couple of actual offers from what I understand. White Co has a good team and I believe are at their best when the Crossland kidis firing, he is the catalyst. There's a reason when teams go box and 1 it's on Crossland not Henderson. Henderson has impressive offensive #'s but will likely end up at Cumberland University because of the defense. The jabs are real, but both players can play. It doesn't matter the level, college basketball is good at any level really. But I've just read this post and I understand supporting ur players and it's great, but please be realistic when gettimg on here saying such and such is D1 without any base besides a biased opinion. D1 is a differnt level and takes a complete game, that's hard to find.

Guest WilliamPayne

Warrior was being playful 99. You would have to have been on the thread the entire time, lol. He knows how I feel about Henderson and his talent. He was doing a really good impression. He and I agree most of the time. He has never attacked my son or anything like that. He has actually saidb really positive things about him. I think Sparta has the best chance of making it to the Boro though. I am even picking them against Blackmon of they face them.

I know for a fact that Henderson has at least 4 d1 looking at him. now whether they will offer I don't know. some kids just fit better with d2's or naia's. as far as you getting on here with one post  that tells me who you are and what you are about. I have never said anything bad about jon payne and he gets on here and posts that crap. well the truth is gonna come out now brother. I have had several Cookeville people tell me the real reason payne left was because he couldn't stand Henderson getting all the media and press and mvp and all state and upper Cumberland player of the year and this and that. so jealous. and I mean his dad more than jon.  haters gonna hate. Henderson is ten times the offensive player that payne is.haters gonna hate. alumna knows the truth whether she will admit it. so y are you on 6aaa thread anyway William?