8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

Lol I accomplished what I had hoped. My post has really stirred the pot and upset the Cannon County fans. Yes, DC's schedule is very weak. Yes, we aren't a very good team this year. Yalls moderate success the last 2-3 years have really gone to your head. All 8aa teams outside of maybe LA has up and down years. There is a difference between DC's bad seasons (a 10 win season, a 12 win season) compared to CC bad. I remember CC having a 8 win season, followed by a winless season, followed by a 4 win season, followed by a 9 win season, followed by a 11 win season.

Well, I refuse to get in an argument over who had more losses for how long back in 1999. Please show me how our "moderate success" has gone to our heads. Plus at the end of the day, it is 2015! The past is in the past. Yes, we are enjoying of success this year just like dekalb has before. Hope you had fun looking up all of those past season records! That must have took some time.

Dude, you have been on this site since 2009 and have a total of 5 posts. What is it you think you contribute to this site? I don't closely follow basketball, so no, I don't really have much to contribute as far as basketball goes. I was just getting a rise out of the Cannon Co fans.

How do you know I've only had five posts? Maybe there is another miscalculation in the system! Lol!

Edited by spreadthewealth

Well, I refuse to get in an argument over who had more losses for how long back in 1999. Please show me how our "moderate success" has gone to our heads. Plus at the end of the day, it is 2015! The past is in the past. Yes, we are enjoying of success this year just like dekalb has before. Hope you had fun looking up all of those past season records! That must have took some time.

Nah took all of two minutes to scroll through past records. To see how it's gone to your heads just re read these threads from the beginning and see how cocky the CC fans have been the last 2-3 years. Nothing wrong with enjoying your success, just act like you've been there before, and technically you have. Wasn't that long ago CC made it to sectionals.

DC, I thought you contributed more to this site yourself. But the post regarding SOS was ridiculous...shows you truely don't follow BBALL enough. That's the point. CC will remain humble, IMO La is still a more superior team but DC check your own sos before you post such things.

I just stated I don't follow basketball closely. And I also clearly said that I didn't agree with the rankings and was trying to figure out/understand how the "experts" came about them.

Nah took all of two minutes to scroll through past records. To see how it's gone to your heads just re read these threads from the beginning and see how cocky the CC fans have been the last 2-3 years. Nothing wrong with enjoying your success, just act like you've been there before, and technically you have. Wasn't that long ago CC made it to sectionals.

Well I will have to disagree. I don't consider our posts cocky. I guess it is just a matter of which side you are standing on and how you interpret the posts. Glass half full or half empty. However at the end of the day, winning is more fun than losing. I think we all can agree on that!

Well I will have to disagree. I don't consider our posts cocky. I guess it is just a matter of which side you are standing on and how you interpret the posts. Glass half full or half empty. However at the end of the day, winning is more fun than losing. I think we all can agree on that!

It's not the majority of CC fans, just a few in particular. I just feel like if you're going to take shots at other teams, then you should be willing to receive them too without throwing a fit. It's all done in good fun, no need for people to get their panties in a wad ya know? Yes, I agree, winning is always more fun that losing. Also for what it's worth, if CC makes it out of regionals I will be pulling for them. I believe LA and CC will play for the region championship and move on to the next round.

The reason DC's down years are better than CC's, because DC schedules weak wins. District record says it all. They may win 14 games but finish 7th in district with 2 or 3 district wins.  

Go look at our past schedules, DC didn't start scheduling like this until Cope came along. Our schedules in past years before Cope were comparable to everyone else in the district besides of maybe LA. They have always played one of, if not the toughest non district schedule in 8aa.

It's not the majority of CC fans, just a few in particular. I just feel like if you're going to take shots at other teams, then you should be willing to receive them too without throwing a fit. It's all done in good fun, no need for people to get their panties in a wad ya know? Yes, I agree, winning is always more fun that losing. Also for what it's worth, if CC makes it out of regionals I will be pulling for them. I believe LA and CC will play for the region championship and move on to the next round.

I hope you're right! We want to ride this winning season out as long as we can!

Go look at CC's schedule. Opened with Chattanooga Brainerd, East Nashville, Hamilton Heights, Marshall Co KY, Columbia...best rethink your reliability on those rankings.

I guess everyone has to find something to talk about when your team isn't winning though. Plus, CC's strength rating is #9 so when you have to play Dekalb twice with a strength rating of #30 of course your strength of schedule rating will be pulled down. It is common mathematics.

DC is doing whats best for DC. The banter re: DC playing Boyd has run its course. DC's coaching staff and boys are fighting valiantly for the W. Despite the sweat on their brow, after 25+ games they cant even get a pep rally. signs are literally yanked from the student section. yet the Football team has a fire truck sitting at the end zone. A spade is a spade. The hardworking boys and coaches of DC deserve better support than they're getting. Props to CC, LA and the others for where their programs are at. As a pure BB fan its awesome to go to your schools and see the passion, intensity and support for your programs. To go to CC (a shade over 20 miles away) and not be able to find a seat speaks volumes. One school / administration is committed to supporting all the interest and ambitions of their student body / community.DC will fight and claw its way to the end. W or L, it wont be because of a lack of effort. Props to the winning programs, coaches and players but make no mistake and you know this better than an outsider, your success isn't the result of just one class of players. reference the banners that hang from your rafters. if a few extra games against boyd helps feed the coffers, compensate for a lack of genuine support and give the boys a chance to develop then so be it. you guys go fight giants outside your county, we're fighting a giant of our own, sadly ours is right down the hall from where the boys and coaches ply their trade. #eightaa

Edited by dcclaw