8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

Cannon County Has Played Against 8 Many Nites. Last Nite was A Great Game For Cannon County. If Blevins was upset because of No Post Season Play Funny Way Of Showing It. Balling Your Fist Up and Taking A Swing No Way To Handle Flustration. BB Players are A Representation Of The Coaching Staff. It Seems Cannon County Does Not Have That Problem. I Say Tack Another 2 Years On.

You want to talk about dirty play. Almost every team in this district uses physical, borderline dirty tactics to defend Blevins. If ANY of the other top players had to deal with this all of you homers would be on here raising Cain.

First of all a it was an intentional foul, no punches thrown or fists balled up. Again, if any of your kids had to put up with the holding, grabbing, shoving, etc. that Blevins does (from 2 defenders minimum) for one game, let alone every trip down the court you would have a much different opinion. I don't blame any team for doing it. But these coaches that make it part of the gameplan are "great leaders" and above reproach? The double standard is hard not to notice.

The officials are to blame for letting it occur in the first place!

Edited by tnhoosier

I don't know why someone would take it upon themselves to try to regulate a message board but this guy needs to F off. Keep posting as usual.

Yeah I know, who even is that guy ha? I was thinking he may of had me confused with another DC fan. We have one on here that usually gives his opinion on our games afterwards, and there is nothing wrong with that. I rarely ever comment on anything in this thread outside of stuff like this, because I don't closely follow basketball.

You Just Answered Your Statement !  Why Does The Officals Let (2 Defenders) Physical Holding, Grabbing, and Shoving? I Seen A Fist And Prior To The Incident The Statement was Made To Foul And Foul Hard. That Is Reason YI Is Not In Post Season Nor Should They Be. Funny Thing No Body Else Has To Play A Ballgame In That Manner!  

You want to talk about dirty play. Almost every team in this district uses physical, borderline dirty tactics to defend Blevins. If ANY of the other top players had to deal with this all of you homers would be on here raising Cain.

First of all a it was an intentional foul, no punches thrown or fists balled up. Again, if any of your kids had to put up with the holding, grabbing, shoving, etc. that Blevins does (from 2 defenders minimum) for one game, let alone every trip down the court you would have a much different opinion. I don't blame any team for doing it. But these coaches that make it part of the gameplan are "great leaders" and above reproach? The double standard is hard not to notice.

Do you think Blevins is the only player to have two defenders on him?  I bet Wade Eldridge would disagree with you.  I would take it as a compliment and move on. 

All I can say is LA, Macon, and Central might want to wear some football gear when they finish out the season against York just in case two people defend Blevins, calls don't go York's way, or they get opportunities to get some easy layups.

You Just Answered Your Statement ! Why Does The Officals Let (2 Defenders) Physical Holding, Grabbing, and Shoving? I Seen A Fist And Prior To The Incident The Statement was Made To Foul And Foul Hard. That Is Reason YI Is Not In Post Season Nor Should They Be. Funny Thing No Body Else Has To Play A Ballgame In That Manner!

You have no clue why York received a 2 yr ban. I am pretty sure you weren't at Pickett County last year.

I hope someday you can understand what happens on a basketball court as well as you capitalize every word you type.

Again, if your players were held, shoved, jersey pulled every game (funny how nobody else gets defended in that manner), you would be running through the crowd screaming "Citzens Arrest, Citzens Arrest" while pressing the panic button on your car keys.

I Will Say This So Even You Can Possibly Understand It.....If The Officials Controlled The Physical Nature In Which Teams Defend Blevins Then All Of Your Complaints Become Irrelevant.

Do you think Blevins is the only player to have two defenders on him? I bet Wade Eldridge would disagree with you. I would take it as a compliment and move on.

All I can say is LA, Macon, and Central might want to wear some football gear when they finish out the season against York just in case two people defend Blevins, calls don't go York's way, or they get opportunities to get some easy layups.

Eldridge is an outstanding player but the comparison is not the same. LA has a better core of talent around him (at this time). Harder for teams to "sell the farm" to defend him (that's a compliment to LAs program by the way).

To say York Institute has players & coaches that are dirty, cheap shot artists is a joke.

Pile on York this year, while you still can. because the clock is ticking on the 2015-16 season.

Edited by tnhoosier

Guest AllBlue

Eldridge sees this every single game - double and triple. Kids treat him like a tree and hang on him like a tire swing is attached to him. I don't recall seeing him go into a fit of rage.

i wiil not use caps since it's upsets you. i was not @ pickett co. last year but i was in woodbury last nite. blevins was gone after the first quater hold his knees running with his mouth open. its hard to play tired. you make mistakes and don't make good decisions. when he threw his little fit (bad decision). you and blevins need to put yall's big pants on suck it up and don't fell like yall were mistreated.  your lucky coach rigsby called the dogs off in the 4th. i would not have but he did ( good decision). i hope you understand the difference. i doubt it 

Eldridge is an outstanding player but the comparison is not the same. LA has a better core of talent around him (at this time). Harder for teams to "sell the farm" to defend him (that's a compliment to LAs program by the way).

To say York Institute has players & coaches that are dirty, cheap shot artists is a joke.

Pile on York this year, while you still can. because the clock is ticking on the 2015-16 season.

I have never said (typed) that York's players were dirty or cheap shot artists.  Those words are from you.  Did I feel like the fouls in the second half committed by York were excessive, yes I do. Did I feel like York's frustration was being physically taken out on Cannon, yes I do.  Let's be honest here.  The hard fouls didn't come in the first half when the game was close.  They came in the second half when Cannon was up 30.  Bad calls do not result in a 30 point swing.   I will also disagree that York doesn't have a core group of talent.  Like I have said multiple times, York is a good team.  Team being the key word.  Blevins is a good player surrounded by other good players. 

Edited by spreadthewealth

Eldridge sees this every single game - double and triple. Kids treat him like a tree and hang on him like a tire swing is attached to him. I don't recall seeing him go into a fit of rage.

I will completely agree with you. Eldridge is a beast.  He gets double teamed and still puts up 25 a game.  Don't get me wrong, I don't look forward to our guys playing against him or the Ramsey brothers in years past, but they all have always acted with class when I have seen them play.  That says a lot about the leadership.

i wiil not use caps since it's upsets you. i was not @ pickett co. last year but i was in woodbury last nite. blevins was gone after the first quater hold his knees running with his mouth open. its hard to play tired. you make mistakes and don't make good decisions. when he threw his little fit (bad decision). you and blevins need to put yall's big pants on suck it up and don't fell like yall were mistreated. your lucky coach rigsby called the dogs off in the 4th. i would not have but he did ( good decision). i hope you understand the difference. i doubt it

I earlier said that CC deserved without doubt to win that game and win it handily, they made us play at their tempo. I have not ever at any point made a reference to take away credit from your team.

But at the same time, you can't take a dominating victory without singling out York kids and coaches?

All I am saying, and I'm sure this will be misunderstood, is York Institute has by every account exceeded expectations this season. Most people had them picked 6th or 7th in the district when the season started.

The coaches and players have done this while under the shadow of the TSSAA penalties. They have done this by being hard nosed and not taking a backward step to anyone or anything. If they lose they don't go down without resistance. I appreciate the toughness (I guess you call that dirty) to not be run over.

I would think that all things considered this team could get a little recognition for what they have achieved and how hard they play.