8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

I have never said (typed) that York's players were dirty or cheap shot artists. Those words are from you. Did I feel like the fouls in the second half committed by York were excessive, yes I do. Did I feel like York's frustration was being physically taken out on Cannon, yes I do. Let's be honest here. The hard fouls didn't come in the first half when the game was close. They came in the second half when Cannon was up 30. Bad calls do not result in a 30 point swing. I will also disagree that York doesn't have a core group of talent. Like I have said multiple times, York is a good team. Team being the key word. Blevins is a good player surrounded by other good players.

Never said we didn't have any talent besides Blevins. I said Livingston has better talent at this time around Eldridge than Blevins does,mainly due to having other experienced seniors around him. That makes a big difference.

Any objective basketball person would know that is true.

We are a good team and will only continue to get better.

What did you want the York kids to do lay down? Major difference between hard fouls and dirty play.

Never said we didn't have any talent besides Blevins. I said Livingston has better talent at this time around Eldridge than Blevins does,mainly due to having other experienced seniors around him. That makes a big difference.

Any objective basketball person would know that is true.

We are a good team and will only continue to get better.

What did you want the York kids to do lay down? Major difference between hard fouls and dirty play.

There is also a major difference in hard fouls and just good solid defense.  No hard fouls should be needed if you are playing good strong defense.  I guess that is were my definition of basketball is different from yours, as you reference in a previous post.

tnhoosier - Don't feel like YI is being mistreated in any way. All players in this District are Players that have one thing in mind making it to the State. Last nights game was very ugly with plenty of blame to go around especially officating that has been less than consistent and getting worse each year. All District Teams are geeting these calls. The sad thing is i don't see it getting any better. 

REFS ARE ALWAYS TO BLAME WHEN THEY LET THE CALLS GO AND THE GAME GET PHYSICAL AND THATS WHEN THE CROWD GETS ROUGH ON BOTH SIDES!!!

I will have to disagree.  Calls are blown all of the time, every game, every day.  Intentionally trying to bring harm to another player just because you do not get your way is the mentality of small children.  Bad refs are just part of it.  Players have to learn to play past it and coaches have to coach around it.

spreadthewealth

I will have to disagree.  Calls are blown all of the time, every game, every day.  Intentionally trying to bring harm to another player just because you do not get your way is the mentality of small children.  Bad refs are just part of it.  Players have to learn to play past it and coaches have to coach around it.

I agree with part of your statement but 8AA is a little different concerning the adminstrator of officals. I don't think there is another situation like this in the state. No improvement over the years is all i am saying. This District does good in playing around this type of situation.   

I will have to disagree. Calls are blown all of the time, every game, every day. Intentionally trying to bring harm to another player just because you do not get your way is the mentality of small children. Bad refs are just part of it. Players have to learn to play past it and coaches have to coach around it.

Yeah I know, who even is that guy ha? I was thinking he may of had me confused with another DC fan. We have one on here that usually gives his opinion on our games afterwards, and there is nothing wrong with that. I rarely ever comment on anything in this thread outside of stuff like this, because I don't closely follow basketball.

You're right! It was the other DC Tiger user, sorry about that. I still think think the district record is the best statistic tho ;). Cheers!

LOL, and I thought 90warrior and I argued about stuff....  

Just chiming in on the ref situation in our area... there are very few good officials left in our area.  Not to say we don't have good people who try to be good refs, but the quality has just been dropping repeatedly it seems like over the last 15 years.  I don't know exactly how you fix it, but I do know if you talk to other associations and they find out where we are from, they chuckle and make jokes.  That just further proves we aren't crazy when we make these comments. 

All that being said, as someone earlier quipped, it is part of the game.  Have to learn to deal with it the best way you can.   

BTW, we come up to HogEye thursday night... really looking forward to that.  Should be a fun game