Huntingdon Mustangs vs. Westview Chargers

BTW I'd like to make another comment and dont want sportslover to be on here twisting my words as a excuse cause it is not

Both teams need to work on conditioning.  It seemed towards the end of the game ran out of gas I know that it was a tough game and both teams played hard but later in the season that'll get you burned and beat badly.

Thanks...lucky every now and then. I figured it could go either way. Huntingdon is stout and will be very stout next year. UC and Huntingdon could have a good little battle down the road. UC are playing like Champions and still will be heavily favored. They seem to be on a mission to destroy everyone through the first 2 games.

Won't miss that game!

Huntingdon and Westview are class programs. I bet there was a lot of sportsmanship displayed by both teams during and after the game. Don't let a couple of wisecrackers get you fired up.

True true.  I badger people sometimes before the game but no sense in people acting like you making excuses when you giving your thoughts on why you lost.  I sometimes say same stuff when we win.  Seasons young and this year some of our starters are young if you dont think that you should buy you a murphy fair book or even the local football programs that are available at most newspaper stands.

BTW yeah Union City looks stacked, that conditioning thing I talked bout in a earlier post might be one of our key things to work on when we play them but right now the stangs gotta worry about our county rivalry bruceton which wont be a pushover.

Long time lurker here but time to get back in the game. Both coaching staffs made enough boneheaded mistakes to cost either team the game. Coady not punting from his own 40 before halftime should have cost him. We HAVE to put points on the board there. We got momentum back and pass into the endzone. Run it up the middle and try to kick the field goal to go up 16-13 at half. We were fortunate to not be down two scores at the half due to our inept defensive gameplan and the fact west view couldn't hit an open receiver. We finally put another safety in the game and slow them down then come back out in the 2nd half and back to 4-4. Ridiculous. Keep another safety in the game to spy the QB if nothing else. Let me add in ALL of our backs carry the ball like a loaf of bread why that hasn't been fixed I have no clue. We've got as many playmakers as 03, we have depth, why in the crap are we not utilizing it. #16 is a hitter, he's a headhunter. Use the kid. #15 is a playmaker get him touches. I agreed with going for 2. But don't finesse it and hand it to our lightest back. Roll the QB on a pass run option. I know hindsights 20/20 but crap! If we can't learn to gameplan for each team we face and just continue to do what we do on defense we don't have a chance. It boils down to coaching. BS pass interference call. No sure on the fumble return. We will get better. Great game. Gameplan, execute, protect the ball. Fun team to watch. To the WV player acting a fool after the game taunting the crowd....have some class dude.

Long time lurker here but time to get back in the game. Both coaching staffs made enough boneheaded mistakes to cost either team the game. Coady not punting from his own 40 before halftime should have cost him. We HAVE to put points on the board there. We got momentum back and pass into the endzone. Run it up the middle and try to kick the field goal to go up 16-13 at half. We were fortunate to not be down two scores at the half due to our inept defensive gameplan and the fact west view couldn't hit an open receiver. We finally put another safety in the game and slow them down then come back out in the 2nd half and back to 4-4. Ridiculous. Keep another safety in the game to spy the QB if nothing else. Let me add in ALL of our backs carry the ball like a loaf of bread why that hasn't been fixed I have no clue. We've got as many playmakers as 03, we have depth, why in the crap are we not utilizing it. #16 is a hitter, he's a headhunter. Use the kid. #15 is a playmaker get him touches. I agreed with going for 2. But don't finesse it and hand it to our lightest back. Roll the QB on a pass run option. I know hindsights 20/20 but crap! If we can't learn to gameplan for each team we face and just continue to do what we do on defense we don't have a chance. It boils down to coaching. BS pass interference call. No sure on the fumble return. We will get better. Great game. Gameplan, execute, protect the ball. Fun team to watch. To the WV player acting a fool after the game taunting the crowd....have some class dude.

wheels falling off the wagon already? You lost by 1 point to a very good team.... Swenson is one of the best coaches around. Go down and volunteer to coach with him...

You are a moron.3 safeties? 4-4? Dude when you learn you some foosball come back. :rolleyes:

Let me break this down for you reeeeeaaaallllll sloooooow Vince Lombardi. We are "trying" to run a 4-4 defense. That's four down lineman, four linebackers, two corners, and ONE SAFETY. And against a team we knew were gonna come out throwing all over the field. I think maybe your the one who needs to learn some "foosball" there water boy. Congrats though, you showed your ignorance. Trust me son the hair on my butt knows more football than you do. Now, moving on.

Let me break this down for you reeeeeaaaallllll sloooooow Vince Lombardi. We are "trying" to run a 4-4 defense. That's four down lineman, four linebackers, two corners, and ONE SAFETY. And against a team we knew were gonna come out throwing all over the field. I think maybe your the one who needs to learn some "foosball" there water boy. Congrats though, you showed your ignorance. Trust me son the hair on my butt knows more football than you do. Now, moving on.

. Hey Vince is a saint you leave him out of this! Edited by NotAFan