Week 0: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo, do y'all ever get a good crew up that way, seems like every game I've been to there the stripes always throw or don't throw on some crazy calls. And what's the deal with their meetings? Seems like at least once per game up there they gotta meet & talk for several minutes over something simple like holding or illegal motion or something weird like that. Y'all do seem to get some dandy's up that way.

Last week was one of the best I've seen in a while,but as a general rule,its BAD.To be honest, it seems like bias against Hampton. I've seen alot of lopsided messes. You may remember one crazy call,we were playing you guys, you fumbled the ball we picked it up and ran with it, the nuts called the play dead.The bad part is, its as bad at home as it is on the road. You are right about the meetings,they did that several times tonight, its like they have to gather up to figure out what they've called. Its a strange mess pretty much every Friday night.

Last week was one of the best I've seen in a while,but as a general rule,its BAD.To be honest, it seems like bias against Hampton. I've seen alot of lopsided messes. You may remember one crazy call,we were playing you guys, you fumbled the ball we picked it up and ran with it, the nuts called the play dead.The bad part is, its as bad at home as it is on the road. You are right about the meetings,they did that several times tonight, its like they have to gather up to figure out what they've called. Its a strange mess pretty much every Friday night.

I hate bad reffing especially when it can or does effect the outcome. Is there anyway to have games reviewed by TSSAA? I'm not saying Oneida or any other team bought them off or anything(before I get accused of it!)  like that but if the penalty calls are as bad at home as away that sounds suspect. Stupid refs maybe? IDK. It can't be the same crew most games, someone would've done spanked them after a game already. Maybe those meetings aren't just penalty disscusions, maybe there "sessions" if you know mean. "The ref's water has went bad." lol "call the Waterboy." H2O!!!!!!

I hate bad reffing especially when it can or does effect the outcome. Is there anyway to have games reviewed by TSSAA? I'm not saying Oneida or any other team bought them off or anything(before I get accused of it!)  like that but if the penalty calls are as bad at home as away that sounds suspect. Stupid refs maybe? IDK. It can't be the same crew most games, someone would've done spanked them after a game already. Maybe those meetings aren't just penalty disscusions, maybe there "sessions" if you know mean. "The ref's water has went bad." lol "call the Waterboy." H2O!!!!!!

Had nothing in the world to do with Oneida, just incompetent refs and got a few ctitical calls wrong, absolutely swallowed the whistle on one occasion. You can have the TSSAA reveiw the game ,but all you ever get is an apology. We got 2 tds called back for being in an illegal formation,both were wrong. They missed some the other way as well,just wasn't nearly as critical. The loss hurts but playing a quality team like Oneida only makes you better in the long haul. Were both better off having played this game. Heck of a ballgame.

Had nothing in the world to do with Oneida, just incompetent refs and got a few ctitical calls wrong, absolutely swallowed the whistle on one occasion. You can have the TSSAA reveiw the game ,but all you ever get is an apology. We got 2 tds called back for being in an illegal formation,both were wrong. They missed some the other way as well,just wasn't nearly as critical. The loss hurts but playing a quality team like Oneida only makes you better in the long haul. Were both better off having played this game. Heck of a ballgame.

It is what it is now...I'm pretty sure we had three TDS called back...one was for a hold that didn't happen in the same county!

Watching film shows WAY too many snaps that we rested and watched....Gotta play every down against that caliber team

Well the Teepee proved to be smokey :huh:  I even saw my Spirit Animal and, trust me, he was a bad dude!  Pains me to say I didn't go but a wagon full of Squaws just ain't what I need to get my gridiron juices flowing.  I got very little to comment about the game, since about all I know is we had 14 and Hampton had 8.  Hearing stuff about a outcome changer of a call......hate to break it to everyone but that happened last week too, and the boys were on the receiving end of that one!!  Great recovery after the tough pill we swallowed last week.  Hampton and Pujo a quality bunch.....they not gripe for 20 minutes over the Stripes......then move on.  I happy we won....now I got to go find my Ju-Ju Guy! B)

Kazadono

Yeah I was listening [off] & [on] to it while flipping back -n- forth watching Maryville vs Alcoa & Loudon vs LC(good game).

I heard HHS was held on 4th at OHS's 2-3 yard line early, then they made it back on another drive to the 14 had a holding penalty back to the 24, scored a TD pass but it was called back for illegal formation maybe(?) then it was placed on the 29 next play HHS threw an INT.

From the @OHSradio Twitter feed you can read a lot of the plays & penalties. I think on their feed I saw 4 holding calls(just took a quick look) on HHS but OHS had a few penalties too but I'm not sure what they all were, 1 pass interference I know. I "think" HHS made it into the red zone 4 times and didn't score but had the TD late and the FG block with under a minute to play.

I wish I had Comcast I could watch it on the local channel. :[ I thought the radio station was going to probably broadcast Scott at Cumberland but I wasn't thinking about the time zone there being an hour behind.

I'll post the stats this week.

Edited by TheOgre78

Yeah I was listening [off] & [on] to it while flipping back -n- forth watching Maryville vs Alcoa & Loudon vs LC(good game).

I heard HHS was held on 4th at OHS's 2-3 yard line early, then they made it back on another drive to the 14 had a holding penalty back to the 24, scored a TD pass but it was called back for illegal formation maybe(?) then it was placed on the 29 next play HHS threw an INT.

From the @OHSradio Twitter feed you can read a lot of the plays & penalties. I think on their feed I saw 4 holding calls(just took a quick look) on HHS but OHS had a few penalties too but I'm not sure what they all were, 1 pass interference I know. I "think" HHS made it into the red zone 4

times and didn't score but had the TD late and the FG block with under a minute to play.

The interference call on Oneida was bogas as well, they hit our player but the ball wasn't even in the air. They missed some both ways ,but 2 of our 3 Tds that was called back was bogas,the other was a clear holding penalty. If I were grading the refs last night,they would have got a failing grade.

I wish I had Comcast I could watch it on the local channel. :[ I thought the radio station was going to probably broadcast Scott at Cumberland but I wasn't thinking about the time zone there being an hour behind.

I'll post the stats this week.

The interference call on Oneida was bogas as well, they hit our player but the ball wasn't even in the air. They missed some both ways ,but 2 of our 3 Tds that was called back was bogas,the other was a clear holding penalty. If I were grading the refs last night,they would have got a failing grade.

Geez, that's awful! I've seen bad calls before but never have heard of that many in one game. (in Jerry Seinfeld voice): "Who are these refs?! :?  Anyway, I'm sure HHS will rebound from the loss and still have a great season. :thumb:

Edited by TheOgre78