Week 0: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

Ok since my Hamptonite brethren have been shunned by their local media here's the stats for those that haven't saw them yet to round out this topic.

Oneida:

1st downs - 11

Total yards - 177

Passing - 21

Rushing - 156

Penalties - 5-56

Punts - 4-33.0

3rd downs - 4-10

4th downs 1-1

Turnovers 2

Hampton:

1st downs - 16

Total yards - 272

Passing - 123

Rushing - 149

Penalties - 7-59

Punts - 3-36.7

3rd downs - 2-8

4th downs - 0-2

Turnovers - 1

Looks like third and forth down conversions were the difference!Rest of game looks like the Dawgs had the upper hand.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok since my Hamptonite brethren have been shunned by their local media here's the stats for those that haven't saw them yet to round out this topic.

Oneida:

1st downs - 11

Total yards - 177

Passing - 21

Rushing - 156

Penalties - 5-56

Punts - 4-33.0

3rd downs - 4-10

4th downs 1-1

Turnovers 2

Hampton:

1st downs - 16

Total yards - 272

Passing - 123

Rushing - 149

Penalties - 7-59

Punts - 3-36.7

3rd downs - 2-8

4th downs - 0-2

Turnovers - 1

Thanks for sharing Crow, I always look at the box scores, they can be misleading at times, but usually tell a clear story. You guys still got the best stat. I bet it said 14 to 8.Hope we can win that stat tomight. We've had a bad taste in our mouths for a week now. Time to right the ship.

Oneida:

1st downs - 11

Total yards - 177

Passing - 21

Rushing - 156

Penalties - 5-56

Punts - 4-33.0

3rd downs - 4-10

4th downs 1-1

Turnovers 2

Hampton:

1st downs - 16

Total yards - 272

Passing - 123

Rushing - 149

Penalties - 7-59

Punts - 3-36.7

3rd downs - 2-8

4th downs - 0-2

Turnovers - 1

I'm old and slow but I don't remember any Oneida turnovers.Fumbled once but recovered it.

The average layman would look at those numbers and wonder how Oneida ended up winning.  My guess is both of those 4th down plays were huge in the scheme of things.  The other 4 third downs that were unsuccessful were also drive stoppers, which means Hampton failed to get points on 8 of their 9 possessions.  Getting into the shadow of the goalpost.....points are at a premium there.  Of course, I haven't seen film or really discussed the game with but a handful of people.....so by the numbers I'm just taking a guess at what transpired.  Those penalties at inopportune times had to have hurt too.  I'm certain both teams will get the 'mo going by the time they see each other again.  Looking forward to NOT MISSING the rematch....!

Kazalooney Bin  :thumb:

I agree.....see, I get new info all the time, one (I) was assuming those were short yardage attempts?  We gonna shake through this tough schedule and see where we land.  Coalfield and Greenback still in the horizon, and they have the goods to make things miserable.  I whole hardedly agree about the 3rd and longs.  Quick, throw me a play that is going to gain us 40 yards for the first down.....if we could do that, you'd probably run it 5 or 6 times a game!! :roflol: Or lose your job!!!! :thumb:

Good luck this week Boys.....keep in touch!

Kazzilanity

LOL! WAIT! We had those plays called...and completed em!! Just shot ourselves in the ole proverbial foot :x

Anyways, Tell those injuns to keep PLAYING HARD....As always, we're pulling for em up here...Well, mostly...Just hope you all lose enough games that causes you to have to travel back up here in Nov :roflolk: ...Just kidding...Not really ...Good luck men!

GO INJUNS AND DOGS! (Hampton DOGS that is)!