Week 0: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounded like a good one. Wish I coulda been there! Good luck to the dogs the rest of the way, maybe we'll meet in November, hopefully at The Reservation next time though. Hope all came away healthy.

It was a good game! OHS was fun to watch run..You'd have to move way up around here to find a school to stop em consistently

We'll Oneida got repaid for last week. I don't think the better team won this one. Too many penalties and wasted opportunities. Still was a great game to watch. I bet we see a rematch down the road. Oneida's line play was great. Loved watching two power houses slug it out. Both teams will be better for it.

Hampton held us to 150ish rushing yards & 176 total. That don't happen a lot, even in a loss not many games we get held under 200 total. There were only 3 yards difference in penalty yards but the timing of yours definitely hurt y'all for sure. Last season we averaged 330 rushing (and didn't have a single back break 500 yards for the season). Sounded like we won the kicking game, the KOR to open the 2nd half was obviously huge, looks like ole General Neylands maxims still hold true. Penalties & kicking game, if you can win those 2 you're well on the way to a win.

Hampton held us to 150ish rushing yards & 176 total. That don't happen a lot, even in a loss not many games we get held under 200 total. There were only 3 yards difference in penalty yards but the timing of yours definitely hurt y'all for sure. Last season we averaged 330 rushing (and didn't have a single back break 500 yards for the season). Sounded like we won the kicking game, the KOR to open the 2nd half was obviously huge, looks like ole General Neylands maxims still hold true. Penalties & kicking game, if you can win those 2 you're well on the way to a win.

The penalty yardage was close because OHS's were all mainly personal fouls, if I remember correctly...We just have some things to clean up and we need a bit more drive about us...without doubt we missed McClain...A LOT

Personal fouls? You mean pass interference or face mask kinda things? I believe I woulda heard TL's head explode from here if they'd been of the "personal" variety. I only listened to the radio so I didn't get a lot of calls on actual penalties for either side, mainly just the results of the calls.

Crow, any idea what our yardage was tonight? Papers round here won't have much info on HHS Lol

Radio said y'all were 120ish passing (10 of 19 I believe) and 225ish total yards. This is from memory so don't hold my feet to close to the fire on that being exact but it's round about there.

Personal fouls? You mean pass interference or face mask kinda things? I believe I woulda heard TL's head explode from here if they'd been of the "personal" variety. I only listened to the radio so I didn't get a lot of calls on actual penalties for either side, mainly just the results of the calls.

Roughing the passer, two of a few that could have been called, one leading with the helmet on D...others escape me...OHS did even a better job than I thot if we we're held to that....But holding penalties killed us...Don't think OHS had a holding penalty or similar all night...Very disciplined...U all should win big next week...Still a OHS fan!!!

Edited by uknoit2

Crow, any idea what our yardage was tonight? Papers round here won't have much info on HHS Lol

The local Oneida newspaper will have the full stats for both teams Tuesday/Wednesday. I'll postthem when I pick it up. :) Congrats to Oneida, I had Hampton in this one, and hats of to the Indians & Hampton for a great effort.

Edited by TheOgre78