The Death of Football

croz6110

And its a dang good rule,the helmet is not a weapon,its made to protect you.Leading with the head is extremely dangerous to both players. Kids need to be taught at a young age to keep their heads up and SEE what they hit. The NFL goes a little overboard to protect some of the high profile players, they have to because its a money game. Peyton Manning sells ALOT of tickets.

Pujo, what RB do you know that hits a hole inside the tackles with head high? Thats the reason ur boy, mine and others have war marks on their helmets right above the brow...Dropping the head and looking at the ground is not acceptable on either side of the ball, but getting low is what all runners are taught to do....Fact is, Libs are all for doing away with FB as we know it

Pujo, what RB do you know that hits a hole inside the tackles with head high? Thats the reason ur boy, mine and others have war marks on their helmets right above the brow...Dropping the head and looking at the ground is not acceptable on either side of the ball, but getting low is what all runners are taught to do....Fact is, Libs are all for doing away with FB as we know it

Get low with the head up,vision is huge. These kids will have the helmets beat to death by seasons end. No way to avoid it. I can't imagine Football going anywhere, brings in too much jack. Its a violent sport and nothing will change it. Hopefully better equipment can limit serious injuries as we go forward.

Get low with the head up,vision is huge. These kids will have the helmets beat to death by seasons end. No way to avoid it. I can't imagine Football going anywhere, brings in too much jack. Its a violent sport and nothing will change it. Hopefully better equipment can limit serious injuries as we go forward.

Yes, head up...Not high...You can't lower the pads and keep the head high....You can lower the pads and keep the head up...You know what I mean!

I dont have an issue with a flag thrown on a kid with head down contact...But going back to the original post here, I'd about bet the RB flagged for 15-yds had his head up and saw where he was going...The money available in football will soon be fading if they keep changing the game...then we'll have to start teaching all the lil ones how to kick that black-n-white, round ball....and how to bite <_<

Polo anyone???

Edited by uknoit2

Yes, head up...Not high...You can't lower the pads and keep the head high....You can lower the pads and keep the head up...You know what I mean!

I dont have an issue with a flag thrown on a kid with head down contact...But going back to the original post here, I'd about bet the RB flagged for 15-yds had his head up and saw where he was going...The money available in football will soon be fading if they keep changing the game...then we'll have to start teaching all the lil ones how to kick that black-n-white, round ball....and how to bite <_<

Polo anyone???

I'm getting really sick of wimpified two hand touch football

I'm getting really sick of wimpified two hand touch football

We dropped flag football years ago in our youth league because it taught so many bad habits.....We are now full contact in all age groups....Accidents and injuries will happen, but teaching a kid to be soft or hesitant in the game will get em killed. Teach proper technique and safety, then play the dang game.

• Upvote 1

Polo anyone???

Oh I love football the way its always been played.The NFL has changed and they call some stupid stuff. For the time being,High School looks like it always has.I think we all like the same game.

We dropped flag football years ago in our youth league because it taught so many bad habits.....We are now full contact in all age groups....Accidents and injuries will happen, but teaching a kid to be soft or hesitant in the game will get em killed. Teach proper technique and safety, then play the dang game.

That rule change is a dang good one. That flag stuff taught many bad habits.

Oh I love football the way its always been played.The NFL has changed and they call some stupid stuff. For the time being,High School looks like it always has.I think we all like the same game.

I think we're on the same page also

That rule change is a dang good one. That flag stuff taught many bad habits.

Every season we had more kids hurt in their first year of full contact after they had played flag the previous years than we've had combined since we dropped flag.

WRONG... It's called "Heads Up Tackling" and it is being pushed by the NFL and the NCAA. The NFHS is taking the helmet out of the game by rule. Coaches must learn to teach their players not to use your helmet on either side of the ball.

I don't think anyone on here has a problem with "Heads Up Tackling".

But the penalty I saw called Friday night was ridiculous

The RB's head was up but he lowered his shoulders and there was helmet to helmet contact.

There comes a point when you can't avoid that kind of contact.

When a RB lowers his shoulders, his head goes with it. Geesh.

I don't know of any coach that teaches to hit with you head down. But, I've also never seen a RB be taught to run straight up either.

You must've got offended by the liberal comments. :angry:

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone on here has a problem with "Heads Up Tackling".

But the penalty I saw called Friday night was ridiculous

The RB's head was up but he lowered his shoulders and there was helmet to helmet contact.

There comes a point when you can't avoid that kind of contact.

When a RB lowers his shoulders, his head goes with it. Geesh.

I don't know of any coach that teaches to hit with you head down. But, I've also never seen a RB be taught to run straight up either.

You must've got offended by the liberal comments. :angry:

+1 LOL