Milan vs Humboldt

I love my Vikings, but there has to be some change on the Offensive side.  I didn't see a single pass in the 2nd half.  You CANNOT do that against Milan. They will stack the box and stop us for a loss every play.  

I am not sold on the WingT offense for the Vikes.  We are fast and the WingT doesn't give us the option to get to the corner very much when we run over the tackle every play.  I am hoping that we make adjustments this week and play like we are capable Friday!

Go Vikes!

U are 100 percent right! Reid must make some major changes before Friday night.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Humboldt would've beaten West Carroll pretty bad last week. The fact that they didn't beat West Carroll that bad shows me that Humboldt is down this year. 

And the double wing is unstoppable if you have size up front, a hard nosed full back, and wings that are quick. I remember the days of Pratt and Crockett Co. running the double wing. They were fun to watch.

I'll take Milan in a big win.... 42-14 Milan

Humboldt should have beat West Carroll a lot worse than they did.  It should have been by 2 if not more scores.  Every time the Vikings got the ball to the outside, WC couldn't catch them.  I thought we would have tried to do alot more to the outside, but we kept it between the tackles. Humboldt has 3 backs that are capable of running to the house on any play.  We have 2 backs that have 3+ years experience running the ball and 1 with 2 years experience in the high school level.  The o-line is young as well as a first year QB.  This offense isn't best suited for the Vikings in my opinion.  

If Humboldt doesn't change something on the offensive side and give themselves a chance, then it could be ugly fast!  

I have been sitting back just reading everyone's comments about Humboldt running the wing t and just kinda thinking and I have to agree with most everyone else.

Morris has made a living throughout his career dominating wing t teams. The few teams that beat us running that offense or a version if it had superior talent such as Huntingdon '03 and Covington '12. Both of those teams made undefeated runs to championship games and barely edged out Milan along the way. Last year we soundly beat a very good Crockett team and was very competitive with CPA both of which run it. I just don't see Humboldt having enough talent to be able to run it well enough to beat us. Especially since this will only be their second game running it.

I think tomorrow will be a long night for the Vikings 28-7 Dawgs. Can't wait to see it!!!

I have been sitting back just reading everyone's comments about Humboldt running the wing t and just kinda thinking and I have to agree with most everyone else.

Morris has made a living throughout his career dominating wing t teams. The few teams that beat us running that offense or a version if it had superior talent such as Huntingdon '03 and Covington '12. Both of those teams made undefeated runs to championship games and barely edged out Milan along the way. Last year we soundly beat a very good Crockett team and was very competitive with CPA both of which run it. I just don't see Humboldt having enough talent to be able to run it well enough to beat us. Especially since this will only be their second game running it.

I think tomorrow will be a long night for the Vikings 28-7 Dawgs. Can't wait to see it!!!

Humboldt should have beat West Carroll a lot worse than they did.  It should have been by 2 if not more scores.  Every time the Vikings got the ball to the outside, WC couldn't catch them.  I thought we would have tried to do alot more to the outside, but we kept it between the tackles. Humboldt has 3 backs that are capable of running to the house on any play.  We have 2 backs that have 3+ years experience running the ball and 1 with 2 years experience in the high school level.  The o-line is young as well as a first year QB.  This offense isn't best suited for the Vikings in my opinion.  

If Humboldt doesn't change something on the offensive side and give themselves a chance, then it could be ugly fast!

I agree... I saw West Carroll in the scrimmage against Gibson. I really expected Humboldt to win that game big. I see West Carroll finishing 2-8 or 3-7 this year.....