Sequatchie co @ Grundy co

Quest4titles

Oh Dixieboy you don't even have a clue. Lol. Like I said earlier you must not know anything about high school athletics, especially here in GRUNDY. Especially your cake boy comment! Lol. These mamas boys with mental weaknesses took care of business! When we got whipped at sequatchie last year we did no such thing as whining about referees beating us, from a fan perspective! Our coach on the other Hand showed himself a little in the 2nd half, but hey we got beat and out coached. Last night on the other hand the same thing happened only the roll was reversed and all I have seen is a lot of whining an complaining about refs and poor sportsmanship on social media sights. It really doesn't represent you or your community well that you have been talking about in your great town of Dunlap! Did the better team win? Who knows? If they played again would we have the same outcome? Who knows? But for now this is how it is.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Grundy sports and I support all the SV during playoff time but I agree there hasn't been many at all that could go d-1 around here in years! Have there been some that got over looked from all teams yes of course but those kids dont come around often anywhere around here! You guys need to ho watch Alcoa Maryville those types of teams to see D1 ball players , blackmon would be another! Like I said before FB isnt for everyone yes we got good atheletes walking the halls its always been like that. July practice and getting hit in the mouth all day isnt for everyone thats the nature of the beast! Would it be nice to have them of course! Ill say this and if you have ever played football then you ll agree! If you truly love football no coach or coaching staff would keep you away! Bcuz when the lights are turned on Friday night and your 15 to 18 years old nothing else matters!!!!!!!!

If you have winning programs an your community backs you like GRUNDY fans did Friday night those kids walking the halls that are straddling the fence will come out and play. Everyone follows teams that win and wants to be a part of it. Yes you have those kids that love it also. They will be there no matter what. I have been talking about the other athletes if the wins and support are there they would be also!! That's a fact!

Congratulations Grundy on a great win over long time rival Sequatchie County!!

I don't believe Beaver is a parent whose kid didn't get enough playing time but rather a parent of a kid that played and could see just how things were being handled by the current coaches. 

A coach's job is to win games.  I don't care who you are, if you are a true athlete like you all are referring to, you don't like to lose! Period!!  And you don't want to bust your butt to stand on the sidelines and never get a chance because the coaches can't see past the 2 or 3 they chose to  try to do everything. 

As far as whether or not there are SEC caliber players at Grundy or in the valley, personally, I don't know.  What I do know is that there are kids at Grundy and in the valley that have plenty of potential to play at the next level.  There are a lot more options and good coaches will pursue that for the athlete.  How many scholarships have been awarded to an athlete under the current coach's tenure? 

Your pretty good cool fan. Sounds like you have a head on your shoulders. Unlike some in here. This coaching staff as far as I can remember had never been in the paper with any of there players signing a letter to play at any college. Now as far as kids going on to college, there have been a few of them but a to my recollection it's not to play football or any other sport! They are going for there academics. Your absolutely correct about a TRUE ATHLETE NOT WANTING TO LOSE!! IT IS A MENTALITY AND NOTHING ELSE IS ACCEPTABLE FOR THEM!! I also agree with your comment about good coaches will pursue scholarships for there players. Great post Coolfan.

No real football coach wants to coach front runner cake boys! Coaches want kids that wanna be there for their family, community, and teammates. Keep your cakes boys I don't want them.

And what do you know about REAL football coaches? They beat Sequatchie and nobody thought they would. Nobody thought they would for a reason. They have done a subpar job from day one in the Wins column. 2-4 all time against Dunlap isnt that big a deal is it? If it is then you have problems. By the end of this year Im sure your REAL coach would be happy to have more players. Cake boys or not

Congratulations Grundy on a great win over long time rival Sequatchie County!!

I don't believe Beaver is a parent whose kid didn't get enough playing time but rather a parent of a kid that played and could see just how things were being handled by the current coaches.

A coach's job is to win games. I don't care who you are, if you are a true athlete like you all are referring to, you don't like to lose! Period!! And you don't want to bust your butt to stand on the sidelines and never get a chance because the coaches can't see past the 2 or 3 they chose to try to do everything.

As far as whether or not there are SEC caliber players at Grundy or in the valley, personally, I don't know. What I do know is that there are kids at Grundy and in the valley that have plenty of potential to play at the next level. There are a lot more options and good coaches will pursue that for the athlete. How many scholarships have been awarded to an athlete under the current coach's tenure?

We as parents often become delusional about our kid's ability and the chances of them making it at the collegiate level. The NCAA estimates that only 5% of high school senior football players get the chance to play at the next level. For basketball, baseball and softball, this number is lower. During Bryant's time, has there really been a kid at Grundy that was top 5% in the Nation AND met the academic requirements to play in college? How many kids in the past 20 years have gone to college for football from the Seq Valley? Moore from SP and Westmoreland from Jasper in the mid 90's are the most notable. How many have gone on to smaller schools? And, of those that have gone, how many completed the full term of their scholarship without failing out? I "wanted" my daughter to get a softball scholarship but I didn't expect the coach to get it for her. We contacted schools on our own and had her coach send stats and letters of recommendation. Sadly, she didn't get an offer but has gone on to do very well academically and will graduate in the Spring. Parents should be the ones working for scholarships not coaches. This info from NCAA should confirm that:

"Who should I rely on to help me get a college athletic scholarship and a spot on a team?

YOU and only you. You can get assistance from your parents, coaches and recruiting services. But ultimately you are the only person who can make your dream of playing college sports come true.

Coaches are not interested in recruiting your friends, coaches, or parents. You need to make the effort and contacts–your goal of getting recruited will not just happen.

Make lists, ask questions, write letters, and surf the web for information. Ask your coaches and academic advisers for tips and advice.

If you know someone who has been through the recruiting process make it a point to talk to them and seek their advice."