South Pittsburg Coaching

Well I've waited out the rest of the season before I brought this back up. After lasts nights performance I'm convinced that a change has to he made. I was truly disappointed in our performance at Whitwell, even though we won. I was disappointed on the Boyd game, where we again let one go right through our fingers, the Marion game was a joke. And then yet again we manage to give another one away.

Yes I'm quite aware in the Marion game they was better prepared, and they have some very good talent, but we showed absolutely no emotion, no fire, and we ran the same stuff they had already seen. We was going to lose but we went to a gun fight with no gun.

Which brings me to the beginning of my rant. I sat and watched last nights game, and I looked across the field and what do I see? Teamates clapping and cheering? Teammates jumping up and down? And why must I ask? Becuase there team was doing something good... Its called excitement!! Its call momentum!!! Your player s are fired upset and then your crowd is fired up. So with all of that being said that brings me to my first point.

1. Do you know that our players from day one was not allowed to show emotion? They was told and scolded for doing so hence the reason they was never fired up. Cant when ballgames when you can't excited about something.

2. After games that was away our boys wasn't allowed to stop and eat? Now think about this for a moment. And yes that includes last night. You ate around 12:00 or 1:00 yesterday and then you have about a 2 hour ride home and you can't stop and get a hamburger? Come on now.. I mean are you really kidding me? And I'm sure there are some naysayers who are going to say well that is extra expense, that is crap and we all know it. There is more than enough money to go around in our town to buy boys burgers, it boils down that you think this is how you get across to a bunch of boys who just lost a tough game and you want to prove some point?

3. Do you realize that during ballgames he would actually turn around and tell our cheerleaders to be quiet? Yes I actuall saw this with my own eyes. He turned around during several games and during the game he would basicslly run his hand across his mouth like a zipper and have them be quiet, and what really gets me is we did it!!! Coaches, if the cheerleaders are distracting you something is majorly wrong. Concentrate on your side of the fence and we will concentrate on ours.

4. Play calling? I mean do I really have to go into this? All season it has been horrible. Last nights game, we came out and threw a pass? That was a good call... And then it disappears. We go for 2 points? That was a good call and a good play. But other than that, what did we show them? That we was going to do the samethings we had done all year long, and we didn't do that very well either. When the game is on the line, you pull out all the stops, you take chances that you have worked on. Surpise the other team with something that haven't seen for crying out loud!

5. Delay of games and timeouts. Why? Please tell me why this is still happening? Your OC should be on the sideline. You don't have time for 10 to run to the sideline get a play, run back on the field, huddle, line up, then look for another play, then send somebody in motion, all in under 25 seconds. Come on guys and on top of that we are doing all this unnecessary realying from the box to the sideline to qb. I've said enough...You get the picture.

6. Talent not being utilized. Please explain to me why 10 and 14 are in the backfield receiving the ball? Why? Because it makes sense to potentially get your only QB hurt when you have no backup? A freshman who is pretty good to be freshman, he just isn't ready for that. There are other people capable of getting out of the way or fair catching the ball if that is all your going to do, but come on special teams are important, we need to be receiving and running with the ball period!

I can continue on and on, but I'm getting a headache again like last night. Bottomline is, this isn't nazi boot camp, your not the dictator, and obviously from what I've been seeing not the coaching staff that needs or truly wants this job. You don't get it nor do you understand what it takes in todays time to be a coach at a program with our tradition. Its time for the change to be made, and if the above reasons aren't enough then all the people that support this staff don't get it either.

Better clarify coaching changes as well, before I upset some people.

Vic Grider if he wants to come back if not see below.

Heath Grider- New Head Coach

Wes Stone- Coordinator (Because like him or not he gets it) If you don't understand that, take your kid somewhere else)

EJ Bradford- Strength and Conditioning/ O line and D Line

Send the rest packing and hire some new excited young blood.

Better clarify coaching changes as well, before I upset some people.

Vic Grider if he wants to come back if not see below.

Heath Grider- New Head Coach

Wes Stone- Coordinator (Because like him or not he gets it) If you don't understand that, take your kid somewhere else)

EJ Bradford- Strength and Conditioning/ O line and D Line

Send the rest packing and hire some new excited young blood.

Are you joking me? Grider charged to much to get into his games. Grider never could win 2 championships in a row. That stone man told that Reynolds man all of our secrets, so he is a trader. We need to get that Rankin man. Grider is going to have to open up the durn checkbook and get that Rankin man to come coach or boys. You think im joking but im not.

Sorry Orangeslice....but if Ole Stoney has the chance to come back home he will. Just to prove certain people wrong, and the fact he bleeds Orange/Black. Nothing like beating Marion County for Ole Stoney...

Jasper will be in our region next year so he gets to beat them either way.

He didn't leave SP, y'all threw him away so I wouldn't be so sure he's in a big hurry to return.

I don't speak for him or Boyd, but can assure you from what I hear we won't be chasing him away any time soon.

Well I've waited out the rest of the season before I brought this back up. After lasts nights performance I'm convinced that a change has to he made. I was truly disappointed in our performance at Whitwell, even though we won. I was disappointed on the Boyd game, where we again let one go right through our fingers, the Marion game was a joke. And then yet again we manage to give another one away.

Yes I'm quite aware in the Marion game they was better prepared, and they have some very good talent, but we showed absolutely no emotion, no fire, and we ran the same stuff they had already seen. We was going to lose but we went to a gun fight with no gun.

Which brings me to the beginning of my rant. I sat and watched last nights game, and I looked across the field and what do I see? Teamates clapping and cheering? Teammates jumping up and down? And why must I ask? Becuase there team was doing something good... Its called excitement!! Its call momentum!!! Your player s are fired upset and then your crowd is fired up. So with all of that being said that brings me to my first point.

1. Do you know that our players from day one was not allowed to show emotion? They was told and scolded for doing so hence the reason they was never fired up. Cant when ballgames when you can't excited about something.

2. After games that was away our boys wasn't allowed to stop and eat? Now think about this for a moment. And yes that includes last night. You ate around 12:00 or 1:00 yesterday and then you have about a 2 hour ride home and you can't stop and get a hamburger? Come on now.. I mean are you really kidding me? And I'm sure there are some naysayers who are going to say well that is extra expense, that is crap and we all know it. There is more than enough money to go around in our town to buy boys burgers, it boils down that you think this is how you get across to a bunch of boys who just lost a tough game and you want to prove some point?

3. Do you realize that during ballgames he would actually turn around and tell our cheerleaders to be quiet? Yes I actuall saw this with my own eyes. He turned around during several games and during the game he would basicslly run his hand across his mouth like a zipper and have them be quiet, and what really gets me is we did it!!! Coaches, if the cheerleaders are distracting you something is majorly wrong. Concentrate on your side of the fence and we will concentrate on ours.

4. Play calling? I mean do I really have to go into this? All season it has been horrible. Last nights game, we came out and threw a pass? That was a good call... And then it disappears. We go for 2 points? That was a good call and a good play. But other than that, what did we show them? That we was going to do the samethings we had done all year long, and we didn't do that very well either. When the game is on the line, you pull out all the stops, you take chances that you have worked on. Surpise the other team with something that haven't seen for crying out loud!

5. Delay of games and timeouts. Why? Please tell me why this is still happening? Your OC should be on the sideline. You don't have time for 10 to run to the sideline get a play, run back on the field, huddle, line up, then look for another play, then send somebody in motion, all in under 25 seconds. Come on guys and on top of that we are doing all this unnecessary realying from the box to the sideline to qb. I've said enough...You get the picture.

6. Talent not being utilized. Please explain to me why 10 and 14 are in the backfield receiving the ball? Why? Because it makes sense to potentially get your only QB hurt when you have no backup? A freshman who is pretty good to be freshman, he just isn't ready for that. There are other people capable of getting out of the way or fair catching the ball if that is all your going to do, but come on special teams are important, we need to be receiving and running with the ball period!

I can continue on and on, but I'm getting a headache again like last night. Bottomline is, this isn't nazi boot camp, your not the dictator, and obviously from what I've been seeing not the coaching staff that needs or truly wants this job. You don't get it nor do you understand what it takes in todays time to be a coach at a program with our tradition. Its time for the change to be made, and if the above reasons aren't enough then all the people that support this staff don't get it either.

I was at the Bell Co game earlier this year and overheard people calling for Moores job then. At the time I thought it was ridiculous. I haven't seen them play anyone other than Bell and MC so I can only go by what I read. If you don't get the problem fixed it will get worse. If kids don't have confidence in their coach they won't play hard for him. I also heard there were some unpleasantries when the team got back last night. Too good of a program for this.

U have all the answers so u apply for the job but it's not as easy as playing the xbox

I was at the Bell Co game earlier this year and overheard people calling for Moores job then. At the time I thought it was ridiculous. I haven't seen them play anyone other than Bell and MC so I can only go by what I read. If you don't get the problem fixed it will get worse. If kids don't have confidence in their coach they won't play hard for him. I also heard there were some unpleasantries when the team got back last night. Too good of a program for this.

I hate this because there is some great kids on that team, and they deserve better.