South Pittsburg Coaching

Down for SP is still a good enough team to make playoff runs in 1A. A coaches job is to motivate and prepare. As a head coach I would want to stand in every huddle and offer some motivation whether it be positive or negative. Yes I said it, there is a such thing as negative motivation if goes in the right manner. Our head coach doesn't participate in offense unless calling a last second timeout. I like all of our coaches, but some aren't ready to be head coaches. As a head coach you are ultimately responsible. All this crap about SP is down and aren't very good is more negative than yelling at the coaches because it is ultimately towards the kids. so don't bash anyone for speaking their mind about the coaches if you are going to say SP is down and basically tell the kids they aren't good enough to win. That is what some of you are basically saying. Anyways, I'm not here to dictate the end result, but I do think changes need to be made. If no leaders step up as players then at the very least a coach needs to step up and lead. Maybe all the rumors will come true. I sure hope so.

This post makes more sense that ever other word posted on here.Good post Mike.

Down for SP is still a good enough team to make playoff runs in 1A. A coaches job is to motivate and prepare. As a head coach I would want to stand in every huddle and offer some motivation whether it be positive or negative. Yes I said it, there is a such thing as negative motivation if goes in the right manner. Our head coach doesn't participate in offense unless calling a last second timeout. I like all of our coaches, but some aren't ready to be head coaches. As a head coach you are ultimately responsible. All this crap about SP is down and aren't very good is more negative than yelling at the coaches because it is ultimately towards the kids. so don't bash anyone for speaking their mind about the coaches if you are going to say SP is down and basically tell the kids they aren't good enough to win. That is what some of you are basically saying. Anyways, I'm not here to dictate the end result, but I do think changes need to be made. If no leaders step up as players then at the very least a coach needs to step up and lead. Maybe all the rumors will come true. I sure hope so.

Very well said, Mike!!!!! This is the best thing I've read on here in a long time! And what happened after the game last night was bad. The boys deserve better than that. They played hard in the game yet came up short. Only to have the coach fail them again after the game. I sure hate it for the boys.

Old Pirate urges SP & the whole county to take a few steps back and take a long look at the politics involved with the schools.........continued mess! Back-n-the day principles carried big sticks and had warden type power. Public schools today aren't like that, the students and parents make most of the rules! Dad burnit, OP hates to give them Circle Fly folkes any credit, but do you think for a second those folkes have players disrespecting coaches or parents that routinely curse and call coaches names? The point here is public schools are ran by politics and politicians. Talk around town today was rampant about skillet slingers going the field house and jumping coach Tim & staff upon return. Now, this gets comical, them mamas was ticked because them youngons didn't eat on the way home! Well, well, recon us old timers never got nothing to eat neither after away games, but the men folkes kept the skillet slingers away fr the field house. Recon fellers need skillet slingers and a good dog, but both sometimes need to be chained to the front porch! Don't think Old Pirate is joking neither, cause OP ain't........most of the Pirates and mamas & daddies round the Speedway would have not made it with the ole Fessor or from chatter the SOS Kiffen Ross Master @ Jasper and his 6:00 am practices/workouts. The Jasper youngons & parents are hongry, SP players and parents are spoiled!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate urges SP & the whole county to take a few steps back and take a long look at the politics involved with the schools.........continued mess! Back-n-the day principles carried big sticks and had warden type power. Public schools today aren't like that, the students and parents make most of the rules! Dad burnit, OP hates to give them Circle Fly folkes any credit, but do you think for a second those folkes have players disrespecting coaches or parents that routinely curse and call coaches names? The point here is public schools are ran by politics and politicians. Talk around town today was rampant about skillet slingers going the field house and jumping coach Tim & staff upon return. Now, this gets comical, them mamas was ticked because them youngons didn't eat on the way home! Well, well, recon us old timers never got nothing to eat neither after away games, but the men folkes kept the skillet slingers away fr the field house. Recon fellers need skillet slingers and a good dog, but both sometimes need to be chained to the front porch! Don't think Old Pirate is joking neither, cause OP ain't........most of the Pirates and mamas & daddies round the Speedway would have not made it with the ole Fessor or from chatter the SOS Kiffen Ross Master @ Jasper and his 6:00 am practices/workouts. The Jasper youngons & parents are hongry, SP players and parents are spoiled!

You are right about a few things.

1) politics - but why let this happen? Would previous staff allowed this?

2) old timers - maybe they wouldn't make it back in the day, but the world has put a stop to that. You might as well conform.

3) skillet slingers - moms will be moms. Since the kids can't stand up for themselves somebody should. If alumni like you and me would then they wouldn't be in this mess now would they. I'm not talking politically like some. I'm talking Pride

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Until you've been a coach....especially a head coach....there's just no way you can know what it's like on the sidelines, on the practice field, in the locker room, in the film room, in the headphones, or on the bus.  However, having said all that, some coaches are better than others.  Certain coaches fit certain situations better than other coaches.  Some coaches don't fit.  Period.

If the past practice after an away game was to stop and feed the boys I can understand parents being mad. At MC the moms fix sandwiches and stuff for the boys to eat on the way home. I figure that was the straw that broke the camels back though. I've heard there's been quite a few games that parents have voiced their displeasure with the coaches after the game and when you're not used to losing I can see where tensions would boil over.

Jasper will be in our region next year so he gets to beat them either way.

He didn't leave SP, y'all threw him away so I wouldn't be so sure he's in a big hurry to return.

I don't speak for him or Boyd, but can assure you from what I hear we won't be chasing him away any time soon.

Okay, lets get our story straight here. We didn't throw him away. Most of us didn't even know it was happening until it was to late. One person cried and cried like a baby, and he finally got his way, and the ball started rolling from there.

Stoney knows the majority didn't like how that went down, and he knows who has his back. Now as far as Boyd is concerned, no disrespect to your program, but beating MC dressed in blue, doesn't have the same feel, as beating them while your in the org/blk.

But I guess its good for you to have dreams I guess.