South Pittsburg Coaching

I guess I'll throw in my 2cents lol. I don't know all the small details so I can't say yeah he needs to be gone, or y'all are crazy he should stay. But it sounds like you should be mad at grinder instead of the coach now. Let me explain. Every coach is different. And y'all want everything to stay the same as it was when grider was there. Of course this guy is going to have his own ways, so of you guys don't like it then y'all have the right to want another change. I just know the athletes isn't the same as they was when I played against you guys in the 2005-2009 era. And yes great athletes can make up for poor play calls and coaching decisions. Seems like this guy did not have that luxury.

As far as parents on the fence cussing the coach? That is absolutely crazy IMO. If this happened At basin ( and I know already you guys aren't basin) the coach would gladly open his door after all players and fans was gone, and give them the chance to cuss to his face and suffer the consequences, or he would talk about it with them if they preferred that route

Edited by Basin2010

I think we all should step back and take a breather! Let's not let emotions make decisions and get somebody run off and we don't know all the facts. I didn't have a kid playing last night but I am an alumni and proud as heck to be a Pirate win or lose! That said I sit right up there with Pirate Mike and yes I was very disappointed that we couldn't get the plays in again and when we did, well let's just say It was confusing to say the least from where I sit. This had went on all season and The fans who came every week kept coming to the games just seemed to have a enough. As they voiced their displeasure at half time the Coach turned and actually looked back up in the stands like "what the heck" ?

Where did this going wrong?

First let me say not one of us know the whole story. I learned bits and pieces the last couple weeks and even more on the way home from the game where I though OMG wow didn't know that.

Not getting the plays called in became an issue when Stone took over as offensive coordinator ( don't know why but it did - he had the QB running to the sidelines every play instead of sending plays in and out ) it was a hot topic then also. Again I guess there was a reason?

However it has become more visible this season for sure ( the fans have screamed about it all year- coach I believe you should have found a forum to let folks know why if there was a good reason but not fixing it whether you can or not and not finding away to communicate that to the fan base I think caused this unfortunate discussion)

I urge you all to step back a little and let cooler heads prevail, but the coach needs to step up here and be prepared to answer the hard questions when there asked if there asked.

Tto those who say the fans are spoiled well when I get up to go to work everyday I expect to win! I don't want second place- if I get second place I try harder next go around because I expect to win. When I showed up last year at the state game and sit out there in the ice and rain mix. I came expecting to win! I'm sorry folks call me spoiled but I wasn't programmed to shoot for second place. The Decision about change belongs to someone else who gets paid to make those decisions - that isnt us and it shouldn't be up to mommy's and daddy's - just my opinion

Edited by BABIEC

I think we all should step back and take a breather! Let's not let emotions make decisions and get somebody run off and we don't know all the facts. I didn't have a kid playing last night but I am an alumni and proud as heck to be a Pirate win or lose! That said I sit right up there with Pirate Mike and yes I was very disappointed that we couldn't get the plays in again and when we did, well let's just say It was confusing to say the least from where I sit. This had went on all season and The fans who came every week kept coming to the games just seemed to have a enough. As they voiced their displeasure at half time the Coach turned and actually looked back up in the stands like "what the heck" ?

Where did this going wrong?

First let me say not one of us know the whole story. I learned bits and pieces the last couple weeks and even more on the way home from the game where I though OMG wow didn't know that.

Not getting the plays called in became an issue when Stone took over as offensive coordinator ( don't know why but it did - he had the QB running to the sidelines every play instead of sending plays in and out )

However it has become more visible this season for sure ( the fans have screamed about it all year- coach I believe you should have found a forum to let folks know why if there was a good reason but not fixing it whether you can or not and not finding away to communicate that to the fan base I think caused this unfortunate discussion)

I urge you all to step back a little and let cooler heads prevail, but the coach needs to step up here and be prepared to answer the hard questions when there asked.

I am 45 years old And to those who say the fans are spoiled well when I get up to go to work everyday I expect to win! I don't want second place- if I get second place I try harder next go around because I expect to win. When I showed up last year at the state game and sit out there in the ice and rain mix. I came expecting to win! I'm sorry folks call me spoiled but I wasn't programmed to shoot for second place.

For what it is worth I agree with this. Especially the second part. Every man should wake up expecting to win, not only in football, but in life. We should also be able to know how to take failure. I believe the first part to fixing failure is to take it on with a clear head and be able to correct it. I myself can better myself in the clear head part.

All in all good comment!

Edited by Basin2010

For what it is worth I agree with this. Especially the second part. Every man should wake up expecting to win, not only in football, but in life. We should also be able to know how to take failure. I believe the first part to fixing failure is to take it on with a clear head and be able to correct it. I myself can better myself in the clear head part.

All in all good comment!

I agree Basin! you get it!

I went back and read the this entire thread.. seems that we had the same problems from the first of this thread as we still have at the end.

As a football team. The goal is to get better every week. This is the same for coaching staff. I think that X's and O's, we were prepared. And I'm not saying Vic Grider's way is the only way. But I know what's going on now will not work here. I like Tim Moore. He is a great guy, that's just not a good fit to lead this pirate program.

Yes we have been blessed with some off the chart talent for quiet some time now. But in the past Sp done a lot with less. Just by having kids that would run through a brick wall for their team. We won't have enough to run through a paper run through next year at this rate.

I went back and read the this entire thread.. seems that we had the same problems from the first of this thread as we still have at the end.

As a football team. The goal is to get better every week. This is the same for coaching staff. I think that X's and O's, we were prepared. And I'm not saying Vic Grider's way is the only way. But I know what's going on now will not work here. I like Tim Moore. He is a great guy, that's just not a good fit to lead this pirate program.

Yes we have been blessed with some off the chart talent for quiet some time now. But in the past Sp done a lot with less. Just by having kids that would run through a brick wall for their team. We won't have enough to run through a paper run through next year at this rate.

Beer an you have hit the nail on the head! I like all of what you just said. Whatever happens before next season, I just hope that it is a step in the right direction for the program. I'll support the Pirates no matter what.

Old Pirate has been pondering over the Pirates situation and the Problems and concerns are multiple. The Pirates have suffered a couple of major shack ups the last couple of years in leadership while talent levels have dropped each year. The loss of coach Vic and then the sudden loss of coach Wes hurt the Pirates, both were major forces that powered the program. Question is, would the Pirates have performed differently this year if one,either or both were still aboard? The answer is obviously yes! Coach Vic had let discipline slip from past years and it was apparent, but would have thrown a Grider tantrum and ran off several players. Coach Tim inherited a group mixed with discipline issues and marginal talent and that dropped each year. Few and OP means a few know the plays and the inner workings of the team. However, actions and play on the field tell spectators improvement in talent,execution,focus and leadership that includes administration down is needed. OP has a real problem with the recent lack of institutional control of power by individual administrators and the reported cry baby syndrome that has become evident in this county. Hopefully, the Pirate program will find smoother waters soon. It starts with involvement at the feeder program, ends at the administration.

Old Pirate has been pondering over the Pirates situation and the Problems and concerns are multiple. The Pirates have suffered a couple of major shack ups the last couple of years in leadership while talent levels have dropped each year. The loss of coach Vic and then the sudden loss of coach Wes hurt the Pirates, both were major forces that powered the program. Question is, would the Pirates have performed differently this year if one,either or both were still aboard? The answer is obviously yes! Coach Vic had let discipline slip from past years and it was apparent, but would have thrown a Grider tantrum and ran off several players. Coach Tim inherited a group mixed with discipline issues and marginal talent and that dropped each year. Few and OP means a few know the plays and the inner workings of the team. However, actions and play on the field tell spectators improvement in talent,execution,focus and leadership that includes administration down is needed. OP has a real problem with the recent lack of institutional control of power by individual administrators and the reported cry baby syndrome that has become evident in this county. Hopefully, the Pirate program will find smoother waters soon. It starts with involvement at the feeder program, ends at the administration.

i agree with your level headed comments and also agree with some of Beerman's and Harley's observation mainly because they are close to the situation. An observation of mine, and one thing I have noticed, the rail birds feared Vic as Coach.

i agree with your level headed comments and also agree with some of Beerman's and Harley's observation mainly because they are close to the situation. An observation of mine, and one thing I have noticed, the rail birds feared Vic as Coach.

Several times in Psalms you will find "Blessed are they that fear the Lord".  Of course I'm not likening Vic to God, but there is a lesson there.  "Fear", when referring to God, means respect.  If a coach hasn't earned respect he will have problems.  We respected Vic.  I'm not saying Tim can't eventually earn our respect, but it's obvious he hasn't earned it yet.  I think the world of Tim.  He's a good man.  But Vic left some big shoes to fill and so far they haven't been filled.