Week 4: Maryville at Hardin Valley Academy

BigDave1967

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellers and rw87....

I saw HVA play this year and they are big up front. It might be an interesting matchup on the LOS for those big ol' beast D-Lineman Murvul has.

As for their stadium...I think its an engineering anomoly when the home stands face the setting sun. Not sure how that happeneds.

I have attended several games at HVA and I will answer the questions posed about the facilities. The ticket booths are not an issue at HVA. There are three windows at the permanent booth and the line is run efficiently. Also, in addition, there are HVA staff members selling tickets to line members paying with exact change of $6, no wait.

Yes, the visitors bleachers are small. I don't know how many fans travel with Maryville as opposed to South-Doyle, but the Cherokees didn't fill the visitors section last week, so I don't see it being much of an issue. A lot of people watch from the fence area anyways.

The parking is the worst part. There is one entrance/exit to the school, and all of the separate lots feed into that one two-lane street. I've waited over an hour exiting the stadium at Hardin Valley before. (However, I wouldn't worry about being in the area late like one user said. HV is one of the most upscale areas in TN so I think you'll be fine)

I have attended several games at HVA and I will answer the questions posed about the facilities. The ticket booths are not an issue at HVA. There are three windows at the permanent booth and the line is run efficiently. Also, in addition, there are HVA staff members selling tickets to line members paying with exact change of $6, no wait.

Yes, the visitors bleachers are small. I don't know how many fans travel with Maryville as opposed to South-Doyle, but the Cherokees didn't fill the visitors section last week, so I don't see it being much of an issue. A lot of people watch from the fence area anyways.

The parking is the worst part. There is one entrance/exit to the school, and all of the separate lots feed into that one two-lane street. I've waited over an hour exiting the stadium at Hardin Valley before. (However, I wouldn't worry about being in the area late like one user said. HV is one of the most upscale areas in TN so I think you'll be fine)

Maryville travels really well, I'm guessing the stands will be full by 6:30.

Have you ever seen a Maryville football crowd? They travel quite well.