Marion vs Central (Ross man against that Mooney man)

Roy Dillard

This weekend will go a long way toward sorting things out in valley football. I hope MC thumps Central convincingly. My gut feeling is they will struggle. Win this one and they should run the table; definitely the biggest, and possibly the strongest team on their schedule. I do believe it'll take Xeman running and scoring often to get a win. This will be a tough win to get on the road. Good luck Warriors.

This weekend will go a long way toward sorting things out in valley football. I hope MC thumps Central convincingly. My gut feeling is they will struggle. Win this one and they should run the table; definitely the biggest, and possibly the strongest team on their schedule. I do believe it'll take Xeman running and scoring often to get a win. This will be a tough win to get on the road. Good luck Warriors.

It can be done. SP won over there in 2009 convincingly, but that 2009 SP team was stronger overall than this warrior team. How Central compares now to then I don't know. I believe Marion wins. They have more than likely practiced for awhile for this one. Good luck. Edited by TheAmbassador

It can be done. SP won over there in 2009 convincingly, but that 2009 SP team was stronger overall than this warrior team. How Central compares now to then I don't know. I believe Marion wins. They have more than likely practiced for awhile for this one. Good luck.

Central was enough to win in Jasper last year in a very close game. 

Marion is best team in valley but that's not saying much . Valley is very weak this year . I wasn't impressed with Marion tonight. I personally, after watching them twice, don't believe they are near as disciplined as last year.

Let's talk a while 'valley expert.' Marion is the best team in the valley but that's not saying much. Hmmmm, you say the valley is weaker, but is that because so is down this year? Grundy is Grundy, Bledsoe, other than a couple of years are as good as they ever are. The Indians and tigers are as good as they have been in quite some time and Marion may have their best team they have had in a long long time when it is all said and done. Funny earlier in the year you were saying the valley was strong......lol.

Coach Ross was embarrassed also Friday with the way Marion played. As poorly as they played though, take away two plays by the tigers and they would have had under 100 yards of offense, same with Bledsoe the week before.

You say they aren't as disciplined as last year. I agree with you, but they are also still a month behind so it is like they are in spring practice right now with the extended dead period and no spring football. Too many penalties and busts on defense but overall the defense is 1000x better this early in the year while the offense probably isn't quite as good.

You seem to have been a sunshine pumper of Sequatchie county up until their embarrassing loss on Friday. Seems like maybe you are from seq. Sounds like with the way you throw jabs at MC that maybe you feel jilted toward the school. Could it be that you were an assistant football coach last year for the Warriors and were supposed to be the baseball coach?

Surprise Mikey!!!!

To me this game boils down to a couple of things. Can Mc contain the speed of Central's backs and defense?? We will be overmatched in the athlete department, for sure. Marions defense is solid this year, but have been good for about two busts a game. In a game like this that could get us beat. The next is our Qb play. I think coach Mathis has done an excellent job with the new qb with what little time he has been at the position. We have to be able to hit open receivers though, not overthrow them by ten yards. It doesn't have to be a touchdown on every throw, just put some air under it so the receivers can catch it. A fifteen yard gain is nice to. The qb is a good enough athlete that I think he will get better by the end of the season, just seems like he is too hyped up right now. Also we have fumbled about five Qb/center exchanges and that has to stop happening as well.

Central will be the best team that we play in the regular season so I look forward to a close nailbiter of a game. 14-10 central.

I am pretty sure if we win out we will have the number one seed and home field throughout the playoffs this year. Would much rather have trousdale come here than go to the bank again

Let's talk a while 'valley expert.' Marion is the best team in the valley but that's not saying much. Hmmmm, you say the valley is weaker, but is that because so is down this year? Grundy is Grundy, Bledsoe, other than a couple of years are as good as they ever are. The Indians and tigers are as good as they have been in quite some time and Marion may have their best team they have had in a long long time when it is all said and done. Funny earlier in the year you were saying the valley was strong......lol.

Coach Ross was embarrassed also Friday with the way Marion played. As poorly as they played though, take away two plays by the tigers and they would have had under 100 yards of offense, same with Bledsoe the week before.

You say they aren't as disciplined as last year. I agree with you, but they are also still a month behind so it is like they are in spring practice right now with the extended dead period and no spring football. Too many penalties and busts on defense but overall the defense is 1000x better this early in the year while the offense probably isn't quite as good.

You seem to have been a sunshine pumper of Sequatchie county up until their embarrassing loss on Friday. Seems like maybe you are from seq. Sounds like with the way you throw jabs at MC that maybe you feel jilted toward the school. Could it be that you were an assistant football coach last year for the Warriors and were supposed to be the baseball coach?

Surprise Mikey!!!!

Truth prevails what kind of mess is this?  Have you not looked at your almanac recently?  It is fall not spring training.  If this and if that happened. If those Marion boys would have scored more touchdowns they would have beat Grider or that Moore man in the last 8 years.   You are trying to take away some of that Helton mans best plays.  You need to take that spring training mess up with that Childress man.  He is the one that got real mad at that Zieglar mans school.  You think im joking but im not.