Week 3:Tellico Plains at Copper Basin

BigDave1967

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my take being a Tellico man. I think this game could be a close one which I would like to see... I would love to re-set this rivalry...When I was in school 86-90 we didnt play in the reg season but scrimmaged a lot and it was always a good heated game. We made a lot of mistakes against a better GCA team (these guys are big). Our line is smaller but if you run the wing-t right you dont need huge linemen....Defensively I think is where we have to step up big. Basin runs the ball well and TP needs to play their best....Last year this game wasnt close at all but I look for a different game this year...TP needs to wake up and start playing a full football game or this season is not gonna be fun......

Here is my take being a Tellico man. I think this game could be a close one which I would like to see... I would love to re-set this rivalry...When I was in school 86-90 we didnt play in the reg season but scrimmaged a lot and it was always a good heated game. We made a lot of mistakes against a better GCA team (these guys are big). Our line is smaller but if you run the wing-t right you dont need huge linemen....Defensively I think is where we have to step up big. Basin runs the ball well and TP needs to play their best....Last year this game wasnt close at all but I look for a different game this year...TP needs to wake up and start playing a full football game or this season is not gonna be fun......

I've seen tellico play this year and like you said I didn't really see them play a complete game yet but when they do decide to play they are a good football team! I feel like we suffer from the same thing though. First two weeks we came out explosive and then died down after that. losing to coalfield after being up 32-14 well into the 3rd quarter then letting them come back and we jumped up on hayesville and let up and then we had to battle it out and then turned it on again for the game winning drive. Silver dale was the exact opposite. We didn't look good in the first half and then dominated the second half. I'm just hoping to see us play a full game... If tellico does the same then this should be an exciting game for both sides.

I have no clue how this game will turn out, I'm going to say Tellico wins this one late. Basin may go ahead for 3 QTRs but may fall asleep.

TELLICO 29

CB 28

How in the world do you "fall asleep" in a one point game against a rival at home in the 4th quarter? I would like to know. Edited by BasinAlum

How in the world do you "fall asleep" in a one point game against a rival at home in the 4th quarter? I would like to know.

I didn't state clearly what I meant. I read in the previous comments where CB went up on Coalfield 32-14 and ended up losing. I'm saying if Basin goes up early, can keep their heads in the game? If they don't, it could be like Coalfield. Basin is good, and Tellico isn't to shabby. I do, however, think this will be a close game. Edited by AcrossTheMiddle

Basin did not fall asleep on coalfield. We had 6 starters go out with cramps. 3 in which came back in but went down the very next plays and could not continue. We finished with 1 sophomore, 1 senior, and 3 freshman on the offensive/ defensive side of the ball. I'm not making excuses that just what u get when u only have 24 kids and 11 consist of 8th and 9th graders