Week 3 Collinwood travels to Clarksville Academy

gtripledip

I can say that in the last 4 years we have never dressed out more that 40ish players and that was my sons freshmen year. The last 3 years we have dressed as few as 23 for games because of injuries. We were a pretty good team my son's freshmen year so he got to play some. We had a lot of blowout games. Less kids want to play football because of the time commitment a injury risk.

My son and your son played against each other their freshman year, y'all had a great team. WC put y'all out if the playoffs that year, was the year WC won the gold. I have told a lot of people that y'all was one of the best teams we faced all year.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son and your son played against each other their freshman year, y'all had a great team. WC put y'all out if the playoffs that year, was the year WC won the gold. I have told a lot of people that y'all was one of the best teams we faced all year.

Thanks, we rode tour buses to the game. I was there. I remember there was a large crowd. Our cornerbacks could not stop the outside running game. It was a good game. We were "senior" heavy that year and had a good team. It was a great experience an atmosphere for the players be involved in.

Edited by gtripledip

Thanks, we rode tour buses to the game. I was there. I remember there was a large crowd. Our cornerbacks could not stop the outside running game. It was a good game. We were "senior" heavy that year and had a good team. It was a great experience an atmosphere for the players be involved in.

It was a great game, I was glad my son got to be a part of it. WC graduated every starter that year.

Tripledip......trust me im not being a sore loser. Your first offense scored the last td. Only sub was a guard and a tackle. Your subs came in on defense after the kickoff. Everyone I was sitting around was tripping because our seconds were out there with the CA starters. I mad one mad because i said its our job to stop them. Anyway I overheard Collinwood coach telling a parent that Coach Littrell asked CA coach if scoring with starters was necessary and the CA head coach said he should have onside kicked and he should have thrown something else at them. Very classy. All that aside CA played a great game. Defensive calls for Cwood were as questionable as offensive calls. The coach that was doing defense quit last week. Not sure why. But Cwood couldnt stop the cougars at all. Even with CA killing themselves with penalty after penalty. Very physical game for both teams. Cwood is hurting for coaching. With a basketball coach in his first football coaching gig. Things aren't looking good.

Cwoodbball you are just wrong with what you said. The ONLY stater on the field for our last touchdown was the QB. Our backup QB has broke leg. Quit making stuff up. I've read several of you posts and that's your M.O.

Ncsdad1962, here you go again. Typical penalties (holding, offside, etc.) or personal fouls (unsportsmanlike)????? I said it earlier. There were no unsportsmanlike penalities by either team in the game. All holding and offsides. Quit looking for crap to be mad at CA about.

Ncsdad1962, here you go again. Typical penalties (holding, offside, etc.) or personal fouls (unsportsmanlike)????? I said it earlier. There were no unsportsmanlike penalities by either team in the game. All holding and offsides. Quit looking for crap to be mad at CA about.

No need to "look" for crap to be mad at CA about.  I've seen enough of CA at numerous sporting events (football, basketball, baseball, soccer) over the years that now it is just comical.

No need to "look" for crap to be mad at CA about.  I've seen enough of CA at numerous sporting events (football, basketball, baseball, soccer) over the years that now it is just comical.

Borrowing my husband's account to reply to this.... Don't worry NCSdad1962, most of us (esp the ones of us with older kids- my oldest son is a jr in college now) feel the EXACT same way about some of you. You would be horrified, or at least I hope you would be, at some of the comments made to my son and his teammates over the years by your PARENTS. Cheer for your own team and remember that those are kids out there playing.  This forum would be a lot more fun to read if you all stopped bashing the other schools so much and just talked about sports. No school or Coach is perfect, ours isn't and I'm positive yours isn't either. 

This forum would be a lot more fun to read if you all stopped bashing the other schools so much and just talked about sports. No school or Coach is perfect, ours isn't and I'm positive yours isn't either. 

I thought we were having fun on here.  Myself and gtripledip have a little running feud and both understand that it is "good-natured".  We have played many schools throughout our 2+ years at NCS.  There's only one that raises my blood pressure.  Seems like most teams that play CA have issues from the past.  Wonder if that is a coincidence....... I think not.

P.S.  Of course the issues are not with the kids.  They are with the authority figures who should know better, but apparently do not.  And I know that there are "bad apples" at every school.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Had few friends at CA vs CWood game and they agree that CA left the starters in until about the last 3 minutes of the game. Lots of fans were scratching their heads at this. I guess it was pay back time. Heard that CWood struggled from the beginning and was worst team CA has faced this season. So CA played very well against a very bad team. With that said, I still think CA will beat JB and it don't think it will be a total blowout from NCS.