MO WEST vs SCIENCE HILL Week 3

TopperFootball

I don't know ... BA lost tonight to mba. I think a lot of pepple are surprised by that but it's just hard to get out of d2 without a loss. Ba is banged up

Similar to SH last year ... We lost all 3 of our linebackers. We are without our stating QB - our starring RB our starring Defensive end and out starting safety who is also a WR.

7 starters out. We are still a dangerous and good team and kids have stepped up but that is just a bit too much for a high school team to digest. No one complaining- it's football but I would imagine SH will be able to score on BA . I don't see us not being able to score but I think the game may be closer than people imagine.

BA will destroy s hill. I don't know why anybody thinks otherwise. I don't always pick against east tn teams but when I do somebody like BA is on the other sideline.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill just might have the best offense in 6A. I don't know about BA's defense but MBA just hung about 50 on them tonight. Science Hill's defense is a little on the weak side and they tend to make mistakes. But with their offense they can afford to. This is probably the most talent the toppers have ever had on one team.

You're giving us a little too much credit. Yes, the offense is very good but BA will be a huge task next week. It's at their place and from what I've heard, will be their Homecoming. All that on top of them losing tonight and they'll be out to make a statement. 

Btw noticed quite a few Indians fans at the game tonight and had to finally ask one of them why they weren't at their own place. His response? "We got Crockett at home." I just laughed.

Edited by Aussie2TN

I have to go with east tn. In this one !! S hill is great team but if you can stop the qb then anyone can beat the hill ! Its a one man show "Stop the qb and you can win"!!

I don't know ... BA lost tonight to mba. I think a lot of pepple are surprised by that but it's just hard to get out of d2 without a loss. Ba is banged up

Similar to SH last year ... We lost all 3 of our linebackers. We are without our stating QB - our starring RB our starring Defensive end and out starting safety who is also a WR.

7 starters out. We are still a dangerous and good team and kids have stepped up but that is just a bit too much for a high school team to digest. No one complaining- it's football but I would imagine SH will be able to score on BA . I don't see us not being able to score but I think the game may be closer than people imagine.

You're giving us a little too much credit. Yes, the offense is very good but BA will be a huge task next week. It's at their place and from what I've heard, will be their Homecoming. All that on top of them losing tonight and they'll be out to make a statement. 

Btw noticed quite a few Indians fans at the game tonight and had to finally ask one of them why they weren't at their own place. His response? "We got Crockett at home." I just laughed.

Well I do remember several years ago when DB went to MBA when they had a 34 game win streak and were ranked #16 in the country. Everybody was worried DB would get embarrassed but they beat MBA and shocked the state. The next year MBA came to DB and returned the favor but it took them 3 overtimes to do it. So don't think it can't be done. 

You know how many times i have seen him scramble behind the line of scrimage and run back and fourth with deffense just chasing him before he threw it or ran it ?!! ALOT !! Deffrence is when you have a fast d he wont be able to do that !! I belive you got a good team but your qb creates alot out of nothing he is the "o"!! We had that in 2012 a qb that good do it all

Malik is a huge reason why the team is so successful but it's definitely not a one man show. The Hill is stacked with talent this year.

Edited by kingindian33

You know how many times i have seen him scramble behind the line of scrimage and run back and fourth with deffense just chasing him before he threw it or ran it ?!! ALOT !! Deffrence is when you have a fast d he wont be able to do that !! I belive you got a good team but your qb creates alot out of nothing he is the "o"!! We had that in 2012 a qb that good do it all

No doubt I agree with a lot of what you've said. The kid is just that good. He can make something out of nothing. The offensive line this year has got to get some credit though. They're playing well, giving him time to throw, protecting him etc. And I can't forget the WR corp, which is in my opinion, hands down the best in East TN. Those guys know how to get open and when they do catch the ball, they're hard to bring down.

Waco, I know it can be done but in order for it to be done, the SH defense has got to play 4 quarters. This getting lazy after they get a lead needs to be fixed. I thought it was fixed last week in the shutout of Mo West but after tonight, it clearly hasn't been. Not that I expect the Toppers to get a big lead next week, but the defense still has some issues.

Edited by Aussie2TN

SH will not be able to stop BA even with our injuries. The best scenario I see is a shoutout. Even with 5 of our starters on D out we will make some stops but I think the QB at SH can buy time for his receivers and make some plays that will keep it a shootout.

I personally do not enjoy games like tonight .

I think mba punted twice and we punted 1 time. BA fumbled on the 2 yard line and thew an interceotiom in the end zone from the 17 yard line. We also missed a field goal to go ahead.

Game was a shoutout and the defenses checked out tonight on both sides it seemed . BA will be angry next week after this loss but I also think SH will remember last year and will have condidece they can win this game

I am a BA homer but I hope SH comes in here with confidence and makes this a heck of a game. Its hard to watch blowouts and even though I hate to see BA lose like tonight it was a game that until the last seconds was not decided.

No doubt I agree with a lot of what you've said. The kid is just that good. He can make something out of nothing. The offensive line this year has got to get some credit though. They're playing well, giving him time to throw, protecting him etc. And I can't forget the WR corp, which is in my opinion, hands down the best in East TN. Those guys know how to get open and when they do catch the ball, they're hard to bring down.

Waco, I know it can be done but in order for it to be done, the SH defense has got to play 4 quarters. This getting lazy after they get a lead needs to be fixed. I thought it was fixed last week in the shutout of Mo West but after tonight, it clearly hasn't been. Not that I expect the Toppers to get a big lead next week, but the defense still has some issues.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

SH will not be able to stop BA even with our injuries. The best scenario I see is a shoutout. Even with 5 of our starters on D out we will make some stops but I think the QB at SH can buy time for his receivers and make some plays that will keep it a shootout.

I personally do not enjoy games like tonight .

I think mba punted twice and we punted 1 time. BA fumbled on the 2 yard line and thew an interceotiom in the end zone from the 17 yard line. We also missed a field goal to go ahead.

Game was a shoutout and the defenses checked out tonight on both sides it seemed . BA will be angry next week after this loss but I also think SH will remember last year and will have condidece they can win this game

I am a BA homer but I hope SH comes in here with confidence and makes this a heck of a game. Its hard to watch blowouts and even though I hate to see BA lose like tonight it was a game that until the last seconds was not decided.

I'm just hoping the Toppers play hard next week and come out of there injury free. Of course a W would be great too. No doubt this will definitely be the biggest test SH has faced thus far.

The BA game is a signature game for this team.

The junior and senior class have been together through the Jr. Topper program since they were playing flag at 5-6 and they have been talking about the junior/senior year since.  They have been successful at every level but to be considered special you have to play the best and prove you can play with the best. Last year they proved they were not ready with the results they produced against both Nashville area teams.  This year these two classes get their last chance to play together and show they are a talented football team that can take the SH program to another level. I believe they will play hard and win or lose show the can play with the best and BA banged up or not is one of the best in the state.

Regarding a "one man show" comment earlier.  It takes 11 players on each side of the ball doing their assignment on any given play to achieve success.  I would make the bold statement that as good as Malik is SH would be 4-0 at this point with or without him.  There are kids that can step in and make plays to move the football.  They may not be scrambling around like him but I don't doubt they would be moving the football and scoring points.  The reason Malik has been able to have games like last night is SH has shown it has a balanced attack on offense and as soon as you key on one player another one is ready to step up and make a play.  If they didn't have those other talented players stopping one man becomes very easy to do no matter how good he is.

Looking forward to watching how they respond playing a team that will hit harder and run faster.  Last year they wilted under that pressure hopefully a year of maturity will bring a better result.

I just hope we both stay healthy until the game of the year is played ! DB vs Shill is the game of the year in tn and it will probably be # 2 against #3 in the state maybe #1 and #2 after maryville strughled so bad last night . I think their qb got hurt last night !

I just hope we both stay healthy until the game of the year is played ! DB vs Shill is the game of the year in tn and it will probably be # 2 against #3 in the state maybe #1 and #2 after maryville strughled so bad last night . I think their qb got hurt last night !

Whhooa!  Your getting a little to excited now.