MO WEST vs SCIENCE HILL Week 3

TopperFootball

And the Toppers will have the best passing game the Indians see in the regular season. 

This statement is debatable. SC had a very good QB and receiving corp and I would actually give their QB the edge in throwing and SH's McGue the edge in the run. SH would possibly get the edge in receivers strictly due to White and his ability to go get it. The few times I've seen the second QB for SH he wasn't as accurate. Of course everyone has off nights.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This statement is debatable. SC had a very good QB and receiving corp and I would actually give their QB the edge in throwing and SH's McGue the edge in the run. SH would possibly get the edge in receivers strictly due to White and his ability to go get it. The few times I've seen the second QB for SH he wasn't as accurate. Of course everyone has off nights.

Time will tell on the passing game.  

I will say that going into Morristown the SH second QB you referred to was 5 for 6 for 235 yards and 3 TDs passing with his only incomplete pass a dropped screen.  He was 0-3 in Morristown game however he had been only playing running back until inserted with 28 seconds in the first half and told to throw it long for a score.

Those that understand the QB position know that Malik is not a passer, he relies on running from sideline to sideline until the cornerback falls down from exhaustion and then he lofts a pass to a wide-open receiver.  A team that stays in their lanes and can cover will make that hard to do.  The next two weeks will tell because Siegal and Brentwood Academy will have the speed to cover and better fundamentals to stay in their lanes.  Eventually SH will need the second QB because he is a three or five step drop passer that can stay in the pocket and accurately hit the receivers coming out of their breaks.

Time to face the best 0-4 team in the state on Friday then go to BA to face a very tough team by anyone's standards.

Time will tell on the passing game.  

I will say that going into Morristown the SH second QB you referred to was 5 for 6 for 235 yards and 3 TDs passing with his only incomplete pass a dropped screen.  He was 0-3 in Morristown game however he had been only playing running back until inserted with 28 seconds in the first half and told to throw it long for a score.

Those that understand the QB position know that Malik is not a passer, he relies on running from sideline to sideline until the cornerback falls down from exhaustion and then he lofts a pass to a wide-open receiver.  A team that stays in their lanes and can cover will make that hard to do.  The next two weeks will tell because Siegal and Brentwood Academy will have the speed to cover and better fundamentals to stay in their lanes.  Eventually SH will need the second QB because he is a three or five step drop passer that can stay in the pocket and accurately hit the receivers coming out of their breaks.

Time to face the best 0-4 team in the state on Friday then go to BA to face a very tough team by anyone's standards.

Don't know about the "best 0-4 team in the state" comment. I think when you get to 0-4 it does matter that you've played tough teams but it also gets into that territory of having your sprit broken. Siegal needs a couple Volunteers or Davey Crockets on their schedule about right now to bring a little confidence back to their team. Most likely SH will hang 30 on them by halftime and they'll give up. BA is a whole different story. They probably have better athletes at every position than does SH. That means SH will have to play above their heads and play mistake free to hang with them.

Don't know about the "best 0-4 team in the state" comment. I think when you get to 0-4 it does matter that you've played tough teams but it also gets into that territory of having your sprit broken. Siegal needs a couple Volunteers or Davey Crockets on their schedule about right now to bring a little confidence back to their team. Most likely SH will hang 30 on them by halftime and they'll give up. BA is a whole different story. They probably have better athletes at every position than does SH. That means SH will have to play above their heads and play mistake free to hang with them.

I guess we can debate the 0-4 title but they have played Riverdale, Ooltewah, Oakland and McCallie and those teams are a combined 14-2 this season.  I am not sure many would have fared much better but I hope so.  BA has the talent of most D-2 college programs and about the same size and speed, that is no doubt a entirely different story as they beat Xavier, Ohio Friday and judged by the national ranking Xavier brought to Nashville...

Last year SH had kids pretending to be hurt so they didn't have to go back in against BA, I sure hope they are ready to be men this year.

Why do the DB trolls hijack every Topper thread? I think you are still smarting from last year.

Actually its because there are only about two Science Hill fans that post here. We're just trying to keep this thread on the first page. If your a Science Hill fan then you only have 4 post counting the one above and if your not I guess that makes you a troll yourself.

All I know is SH better not overlook this Siegel team. I'm sure starting 0-4 has broken their confidence somewhat but I'm also sure they're chomping at the bit to come into JC and knock off a team that is 3-0. They'll be motivated. You can guarantee that.

Wasn't the game vs Siegel the game McGue got hurt in last year? If I'm remembering correctly, he sustained the high ankle sprain in the 1st quarter and went out. When that happened it seemed like the team was shell-shocked and just never recovered. With that said, Siegel did have a very good team last year. BA will once again be a very tough game. I mean I didn't think we were going to win that game last year but they just totally dominated us at every position. Obviously it didn't help that McGue and White were both injured and couldn't play either. I don't think it would've made a huge difference had they been able to play but it would've helped some.

As for the WR corp, SH is better than Sevier County in that area. I watched the Sevier County/DB game and the Toppers would have the advantage there. 

Why do the DB trolls hijack every Topper thread? I think you are still smarting from last year.

It is actually in response to a direct statement made at the DB schedule / opponent in case you didn't read it... back to Acumen.. were those completions against Crockett or Eliz? If he was 0-3 vs Mo West.. either way not enough data vs similarly competitive teams to tell. We know MM is a runner have been watching him for 6 years now..JB is a good thrower, JMO that the kid from SC was a better QB at this time due to his experience. Even though they are same grade he has had 2 yrs starting.

It is actually in response to a direct statement made at the DB schedule / opponent in case you didn't read it... back to Acumen.. were those completions against Crockett or Eliz? If he was 0-3 vs Mo West.. either way not enough data vs similarly competitive teams to tell. We know MM is a runner have been watching him for 6 years now..JB is a good thrower, JMO that the kid from SC was a better QB at this time due to his experience. Even though they are same grade he has had 2 yrs starting.

Not Acumen here but Bedard was 3-of-4 for 164 yards and 2 tds against Crockett. He also rushed for 44 yards. Against Elizabethon, he was 2-of-2 for 71 yards and 1 td. He also rushed for 119 yards in that game and scored 2 tds.

Edited by Aussie2TN