Preseason Predictions for 7a & 8a

mshawlawry

Who ever finishes 2nd in the District 7A tournament will go to the state tournament, its a lock! To some of you this may sound crazy but i promise you that this will be the case. Here's why, whoever finishes 2nd will likely play Watertown in the region semi's which will be a win. After that you play in the region championship and win or lose that game you will be in the state as there is no one from region 3A that will challenge a team out of District 7A but thats not a shocker to anyone that follow's basketball in Tn. Finishing first in the District 7A tournament will be a tougher road as they will have to play the 3rd place team out of 7A which will be a tough match up no matter which teams are playing which. So my advice, play well and finish 2nd in the District 7A tournament and then the fans from your school can book their rooms in Murfreesboro! :popcorneater:

Watertown maybe the best team 8a has sent out of the district since RBS a few years ago. I'm going to disagree that who finishes 2nd in 7a is guaranteed to go to state. Whoever plays Watertown is going to be in a dog fight come tournament time. Whatever happens I'm just glad it's going to be competitive again and it not Clarkrange and Jackson running over everyone.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Did crange have a player get a bone broke last night during game with CCHS? Did they let the game get that out of control? Dont know if there is anything to it but heard a crange girl got collarbone broke and the Beaty kid had to have stitches in his lip. I thought football season was over

Did crange have a player get a bone broke last night during game with CCHS? Did they let the game get that out of control? Dont know if there is anything to it but heard a crange girl got collarbone broke and the Beaty kid had to have stitches in his lip. I thought football season was over

My understanding is that Faith Van Ruden re broke her collar bone last night. She was just cleared from a collar bone break this week, with the LA game being her first game back and last night being her second. Not sure on whether it was that out of control or not. I heard she was injured on a loose ball hustle play. Not sure about the boys game.

• 2 weeks later...

Watertown and Coach Price are undefeated in the district and appear to be the best team in the district as predicted by some ITT.

Goodpasture is struggling and appears may be down for a few years. They have a really good group in lower MS though so help is on the way per a GP parent.

RBS 46 Watertown 40... guess that part of your prediction didn't hold up and as far as GP goes they will get blown out by whomever they play out of 7A.

Hmm? Watertown is in first so what part are you referring to?

If Watertown wins their district tournament they would have a winnable game in the first round against Clay/Monterey. The other top 3 teams from 7-A are gonna be a tough matchup. Good luck this year. I think Watertown is a pretty good team.