South Pittsburg vs Whitwell (Moore man against this Helton man)

Roy Dillard

S.Pitt fans, this is off topic but yesterday I went to the middle school game @ Tyner and final score was 44-0. What has happened to the numbers and talent at S.Pitt?? Just an observation but the Pirates only brought 14 players.

Hi guys, I'm back home.  Got here yesterday.  I really truly appreciate all the kind words and prayers.  I even hear Drunken Sailor gave me a shout out on the radio.  I am grateful for the visits of some of you while I was in the hospital.  Naturally, the conversation eventually turned to the Pirates.  There's no denying the truth...South Pittsburg is rebuilding, and will be for several years.  Yes, the Academy has had trouble fielding a squad the last two years, and the varsity is indeed in such danger.  South Pittsburg fans and kids have been spoiled by a wonderful run, but now the writing is on the wall and it is no longer "fun" to be a Pirate.  Plus, there are countless other options out there that didn't used to be there...golf, fishing, xbox, Netflix.  And now baseball has pretty much become the new football.  Say what you want about that Stone man, but he built the best baseball team we've had in a long time.  For years we've been blessed with Eddie Moore's, Terrell Robinson's, Raquis Hale's, and Ricky Fehr's who could carry the rest of the team.  It became "easy" to be a Pirate.  Just show up and fill in the gaps while the superstars did most of the work.  We simply don't have any superstars right now, and probably won't for several years.  We've still got a team most 1A coaches would love to have....just not as good as we're used to.  We've also inherited a generation of kids who don't want to work for it.  Some do, but most don't.  We've become a team where every single guy is gong to have to work for it.  Our fans, players, and even our coaches got spoiled by these superstars.  Now someone is going to have create a new mindset that "we are going to have to work for it".

Sorry, this is so long....I've got a lot of time on my hands these days.  And sorry for the brutal honesty....that's just the way I feel.

Hi guys, I'm back home.  Got here yesterday.  I really truly appreciate all the kind words and prayers.  I even hear Drunken Sailor gave me a shout out on the radio.  I am grateful for the visits of some of you while I was in the hospital.  Naturally, the conversation eventually turned to the Pirates.  There's no denying the truth...South Pittsburg is rebuilding, and will be for several years.  Yes, the Academy has had trouble fielding a squad the last two years, and the varsity is indeed in such danger.  South Pittsburg fans and kids have been spoiled by a wonderful run, but now the writing is on the wall and it is no longer "fun" to be a Pirate.  Plus, there are countless other options out there that didn't used to be there...golf, fishing, xbox, Netflix.  And now baseball has pretty much become the new football.  Say what you want about that Stone man, but he built the best baseball team we've had in a long time.  For years we've been blessed with Eddie Moore's, Terrell Robinson's, Raquis Hale's, and Ricky Fehr's who could carry the rest of the team.  It became "easy" to be a Pirate.  Just show up and fill in the gaps while the superstars did most of the work.  We simply don't have any superstars right now, and probably won't for several years.  We've still got a team most 1A coaches would love to have....just not as good as we're used to.  We've also inherited a generation of kids who don't want to work for it.  Some do, but most don't.  We've become a team where every single guy is gong to have to work for it.  Our fans, players, and even our coaches got spoiled by these superstars.  Now someone is going to have create a new mindset that "we are going to have to work for it".

Sorry, this is so long....I've got a lot of time on my hands these days.  And sorry for the brutal honesty....that's just the way I feel.

D60 I been wondering about you.  That Pegleg man told us you were having some surgery and then we have not heard from him.  Im afraid Pegleg has been in a plane accident somewhere.  I garuntee you we are low in boys this year because Grider is getting that Moore mans players to play durn golf.  Grider has our kicker out there playing golf.  If we had him last week we could have won that durn game.  I didn't hear that Dunwoody man and that Jackson man say anything about D60 because they are to durn lazy to put it on Charter on Saturdays anymore.  If we had that Daffron man he would get it on there.  You think im joking but im not.

D60 I been wondering about you. That Pegleg man told us you were having some surgery and then we have not heard from him. Im afraid Pegleg has been in a plane accident somewhere. I garuntee you we are low in boys this year because Grider is getting that Moore mans players to play durn golf. Grider has our kicker out there playing golf. If we had him last week we could have won that durn game. I didn't hear that Dunwoody man and that Jackson man say anything about D60 because they are to durn lazy to put it on Charter on Saturdays anymore. If we had that Daffron man he would get it on there. You think im joking but im not.

LMBO

Hi guys, I'm back home. Got here yesterday. I really truly appreciate all the kind words and prayers. I even hear Drunken Sailor gave me a shout out on the radio. I am grateful for the visits of some of you while I was in the hospital. Naturally, the conversation eventually turned to the Pirates. There's no denying the truth...South Pittsburg is rebuilding, and will be for several years. Yes, the Academy has had trouble fielding a squad the last two years, and the varsity is indeed in such danger. South Pittsburg fans and kids have been spoiled by a wonderful run, but now the writing is on the wall and it is no longer "fun" to be a Pirate. Plus, there are countless other options out there that didn't used to be there...golf, fishing, xbox, Netflix. And now baseball has pretty much become the new football. Say what you want about that Stone man, but he built the best baseball team we've had in a long time. For years we've been blessed with Eddie Moore's, Terrell Robinson's, Raquis Hale's, and Ricky Fehr's who could carry the rest of the team. It became "easy" to be a Pirate. Just show up and fill in the gaps while the superstars did most of the work. We simply don't have any superstars right now, and probably won't for several years. We've still got a team most 1A coaches would love to have....just not as good as we're used to. We've also inherited a generation of kids who don't want to work for it. Some do, but most don't. We've become a team where every single guy is gong to have to work for it. Our fans, players, and even our coaches got spoiled by these superstars. Now someone is going to have create a new mindset that "we are going to have to work for it".

Sorry, this is so long....I've got a lot of time on my hands these days. And sorry for the brutal honesty....that's just the way I feel.

Glad you have rejoined us and you're doing well.

D60 I been wondering about you.  That Pegleg man told us you were having some surgery and then we have not heard from him.  Im afraid Pegleg has been in a plane accident somewhere.  I garuntee you we are low in boys this year because Grider is getting that Moore mans players to play durn golf.  Grider has our kicker out there playing golf.  If we had him last week we could have won that durn game.  I didn't hear that Dunwoody man and that Jackson man say anything about D60 because they are to durn lazy to put it on Charter on Saturdays anymore.  If we had that Daffron man he would get it on there.  You think im joking but im not.

That Pegleg man is on some kind of retreat in Pigeon Forge with that Dolly Parton lady.