Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

tnchad1980

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• McMinn Co.
    • Oak Ridge

I guess we haven't moved on to this thread.  B)  Is Tribefan still around? He always had info on McMinn.

Funny you should ask Boyfromsi. McMinn is extremely young. At any given time they will have 6-7 underclassman on the field. Plus they have had a issue with holding onto the football. They are 7 points away from being 2-2 so its not that we are awful we just have no experience plus we have played McCallie and Alcoa that are better than most teams.

McMinn has a quality tailback in Kimpson that is avg. 153 per game and a freshman Bradley that has shown glimpses of his quickness. Our QB is doing all the can but his receivers aren't doing him any favors by not catching several well thrown balls.

This game will be a huge challenge for McMinn but in typical Cherokee fashion they will play hard, hit hard and give it their best. I am just not sure it will be good enough to beat a talented OR team.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have the worst PA announcer you will hear all year.  He's a cheerleader. 

It's another first down fer the Cheeeeeroooookeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

We need to limit those first downs, I don't want to hear that mess all night long. 

They say that after First Downs ?? I don't remember that ..... LOL , J/K Tribefans .... J/K  :mrgreen:

So the 38 yard run Nickerson had last week isn't considered a long rushing run ??? Come on Cats give some credit where it's due !!!! Your point is useless at this time.

RWR !!!!

I'm not being critical of any teenage running back but I'm saying once again that other than Hardy, who apparently isn't ready to play a lot, we DO NOT have a running back fast enough to be a threat to take it the distance anytime he touches the ball from ANYWHERE on the field!!!  They all run hard and are good....just not real fast.  Why can't you just admit that and move on?  You don't look very smart if you disagree with my statement.  We have good running backs....just not dangerously fast.

I'm not being critical of any teenage running back but I'm saying once again that other than Hardy, who apparently isn't ready to play a lot, we DO NOT have a running back fast enough to be a threat to take it the distance anytime he touches the ball from ANYWHERE on the field!!! They all run hard and are good....just not real fast. Why can't you just admit that and move on? You don't look very smart if you disagree with my statement. We have good running backs....just not dangerously fast.

Cats, if memory serves me correctly you said that we didn't have a running back that could make a long run. I was simply pointing out that Nickerson had a 38 yard run last Friday night. Your getting wishy washy man on what you're saying here.

NuCat to be fair Cats did say we don't have any that can take it the distance for a long TD. And while I don't agree with him this is a debate that could last until the beginning of next year with the way it's going. Even though Allison took one 40 yards for a TD against a very athletic SD defense in the pre-season scrimmage and both Nickerson and Hardy have both shown flashes of real good speed. Saying we don't have one that can take it the distance entails a lot of different intangibles. Was their good blocking at the point of attack? Was their good blocking at the 2nd level? And did some players have angles on the said ball carrier? So on and so forth.

Edited by SweetScience

NuCat to be fair Cats did say we don't have any that can take it the distance for a long TD. And while I don't agree with him this is a debate that could last until the beginning of next year with the way it's going. Even though Allison took one 40 yards for a TD against a very athletic SD defense in the pre-season scrimmage and both Nickerson and Hardy have both shown flashes of real good speed. Saying we don't have one that can take it the distance entails a lot of different intangibles. Was their good blocking at the point of attack? Was their good blocking at the 2nd level? And did some players have angles on the said ball carrier? So on and so forth.

NuCat is not very smart I guess. Is he telling me that our running backs are blazing fast? Is he saying they are capable of breaking a long run every time they touch the ball? I'm just making an observation that they aren't that fast. I didn't say they weren't good...they're very good. The Bruce kid from South Doyle is good AND fast...he can break a long run on ANYBODY at ANY MOMENT! The Cottrell kid from West is the same way. I'm just saying that it would be nice to have that capability, but we don't ...UNLESS Hardy makes the transition completely. It would help our offense immensely....long drives in high school aren't that plentiful.

Edited by catswild