Whitehaven hasn't fallen off, teams are stronger now!

coach10ac

I don't think the open zone argument holds much water when it comes to Maryville. You have to pay tuition if you want to go to maryville or alcoa and the tuition at maryville is a little pricey. If you want to point out a school that benefits from "open zone" look at alcoa. You only have to pay $500 per semester to attend alcoa if you live outside of their zone. Atleast that was the tuition fee the last time I checked. And if I remember correctly the tuition fee for maryville is something like $1,500+ a semester. Now who do you think benefits more there? alcoa of course. They have had a number of out of zone kids start for them on championship teams over the years.

WOW - just WOW.  Talk about a hate-filled screed - you take the cake, dude.  I don't understand how "throwing money at football" can win games (maybe $100 per first down or $1,000 per touchdown???), but that is in no way related to this topic.

Y'all had been filling this thread with all of your reasons why the Memphis teams (including, but not only, Whitehaven) doesn't have as many championships as the teams from "the East" (specifically mentioning Maryville, Alcoa and , in at least one post, Greeneville).  The reasons, according to all you experts, include how the Memphis teams are lacking in such things as "discipline", "coaching", etc.  You seem to have no problems with anyone pointing out these supposed shortcomings or with throwing them out whether they can be interpreted as "disrespectful".  I then raise the point that one difference that I have noticed is that the D1 schools with open-zoning tend to win most of the D1 championships. Each of the three schools mentioned from "the East" is open-zoned.  To my knowledge, the Memphis schools are not.  You freak out, accuse me of disrespecting your precious Maryville team (re-read my posts - there is no disrespect whatsoever - in fact, I made it a point to state how much I do respect that program). I then invited y'all to show me where my theory is wrong.  You did not do so - instead you attack and show massive disrespect for a program that is totally unrelated to this topic, but that you know I support.  Very mature of you, sir.

I stick by my theory that the open-zoned schools have a demonstrable advantage over the traditionally-zoned schools in D1 athletics.  I invite mature discussion on this topic, since it seems relevant to the issues raised by others in this thread. 

WOW Is just what I thought about you talking about something that has not changed in 50 years and dozens of schools are the exact same way ... you really are not what I thought you were , I thought you had a little class , but here you are just like another typical hater ... the fact that you're a fan of a Private school that has only existed for 9 years and your team has obviously spent whatever it has taken to win championships ... and here you are worrying about Maryville ... really pitiful 

This guy is funny. He gets thinkin from the dollar store. ..a team beats us then loses to Maryville that automatically means we can't beat Maryville!!!! Now that's good post material. ...

It's actually comical how often a few of you imagine things I say.  Time after time I have to quote myself because your imaginations take over.  You claim that my conclusion was "automatically".  But, notice the key words in my post:

This prediction method doesn't always work, but judging from the results over the past 5 seasons, your record would probably be 1-4 or 2-3 at best. 

In 2009, WHS lost to White Station which then beat Maryville = Toss up

2010, WHS lost to Smyna which then lost to Maryville = Maryville would have probably won

2011, WHS lost to Maryville = Maryville wins

2012, Maryville lost to WHS = Whitehaven wins

2013, WHS lost to White Station, which lost to Hendersonville, which lost to MHS = Maryville probably wins

Now, please take note of the terminology that your counterpart used:

Disagreed... At worst, had we went every season, we would be 3-2... At best Undefeated. The year WS won, we would have won, no doubt, that next season we had a better team but had a dropped TD and a Sophomore Mark Dodson was ran down from behind (clipped on the heel) we would have won that one, we did win one, SOOOOOOO, at worst 3-2... NOT ONE 7AAA team has done what WE HAVE DONE, defeat the Red Dragon so, yeah, kill that noise.   :ugeek:

Which one of us was claiming automatic victories???

Way to try And weasel your way out. But playin with words don't work here. .. we know exactly what you meant. ..probable is just like sayin the percentage is great. . And we all know how you like to use stats and percentages. ..lol...hilarious..

BhS you sure do make interesting friends!! Lol

Hey genius, what about the prediction I made of "toss-up"?

And saying Maryville would probably win is not the same as saying Maryville would win, "no doubt".  Do I need to quote Merriam-Webster's definition of 'probably' for you?  I know this will blow your mind, but there is a difference between automatically and probably.  Please show me where I guaranteed anything.  The only one playing with words is you...