Whitehaven hasn't fallen off, teams are stronger now!

coach10ac

Sims had an awesome night - he is one heck of an athlete!

My bad guys - I thought this was a forum to promote discussion of issues relating to high school football in the State of Tennessee. The topic was why the Memphis teams do not do as well as some of the "East Tennessee" teams. Most of the discussion was regarding the perceived shortcomings of specific Memphis schools.

I have noticed that in D1 football, many of the championships seem to be won either by privates or by open-zoned publics. The D1 privates have a draconian multiplier applied to their classification enrollment and they are often derided on these boards for a perceived unfair advantage every time one of them wins a gold ball. I tried to start a discussion regarding what effect, if any, the open-zoned aspect has on a team's competitiveness. I think this is a legitimate topic for discussion.

I am now coming to understand that the reason this topic is not discussed is because to do so subjects one to immediate ridicule and derision from supporters of certain teams. Moreover, and worse, it subjects the poster's program to outrageous and unjustified attacks. I never stated that the open-zoned aspect is the only, or primary, reason why a few schools continually win championships, nor did I ever disrespect any particular program (read what I actually typed, without inserting the suspect motivations which some of you attribute to me). Unfortunately, that doesn't stop attacks on a school that I support, even though my school has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

I give up. I will no longer seek to raise what I consider to be a valid topic for discussion on these boards; the open-zoned people have declared the subject off limits and I guess everyone else is fine with that.

You're just like me redrobin when you feel like someone is coming after your school ... And I'm all for a civil discussion , but you were mad because you thought maryville's supporters were bashing Memphis schools and that was the only reason you mentioned that .

Edited by pepvol

Thanks to coach did little And his staff we don't have him or dotson... they really didn come after them. . Hinshaw came to one spring practice and he told me they were lookin hard but not so. They really didn talk to dotson. Sims went to UT for a camp, was the best DB there but they thought he was undersized. that's why dolittle ain't there now. .the jerk... then Sims turns around and almost returns a punt on UT last year. He actually wanted to be at UT, we have UT alumni parents and supporters at da haven, that was hoping as well. .

Sims looked great last night. Wish UT had him. Looks like Dodson is waiting his turn. Ole Miss has a crowded backfield.

Open Zone isn't why Maryville is winning so much. GQ and his staff are the main reasons Maryville is winning.

PLEASE!  M'ville fans get off the defensive snide.  EVERYBODY knows that GQ and his staff are are the MAIN reason M'ville is winning and rated the top program in the state.  It was merely suggested that MAYBE zoning MIGHT be SOME factor because OPEN ZONED schools historically do better than schools that are not.  Nothing illogical, hateful or disrespectful.

NOBODY is saying anything negative about Maryville.  That is a DELUSION in the twisted minds of a very few M'ville fans who use it as an excuse to inject themselves and their venom onto any and every blog on CoachT.  We all know who they are.  And if you are foolish enough to even read their posts, don't compound that mistake by actually believing their tripe much less responding to it.  Red Robin in particular please take note.....

It was merely suggested that MAYBE zoning MIGHT be SOME factor because OPEN ZONED schools historically do better than schools that are not. Nothing illogical, hateful or disrespectful.

I agree...

Look at all those state championships at DB, Sevier Co. Milan, JCM, Science Hill, Cookeville and Elizabethton since the playoff era began.

These open Zone schools are raking!!!!