Whitehaven hasn't fallen off, teams are stronger now!

coach10ac

If you look at the state ranking you'll see some interesting facts.

Maryville to date has played the toughest schedule in the state. I see people on here bashing their schedule all the time and they just do not have the facts. Brentwood academy is 2nd.

A few surprises. Fulton is ranked 15. That may shock some people unless you drill down into the data. The teams they have played are 2-13 and you can look below at the national rank of the teams. Fulton is good ... But we really don't know how good because they are playing teams that are a poor test for them.

15 Fulton (Knoxville, TN) team preview trend Tennessee AA District 3 4A 4-0 1-0 (t 1st) 0-0 44.7 6 2-13

WINS: #2418 Farragut (Knoxville, TN) (55-0), #5389 Powell (TN) (83-3), #8204 Bearden (Knoxville, TN) (84-0), #10340 Austin-East (Knoxville, TN) (56-6), LOSSES: none

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Not my team ... Confuses everyone . Baylor is my dog.. And he is big ... How about that for an original name. We will see how good they are when they travel to oakland. Unless I am missing something I think oakland smokes them. I watched the replay of the baylor / MBA game and MBA looked the better team but lost. Baylor is good I am just not sure how good. They have a terrific qb and running back for sure and hear they have some beef up front

I have Baylor at #6 for what it's worth.  They were very impressive against Knox Webb

Well I agree . Great example is looking at pearl Cohn . Vaughn their running back is a stud . He ran for over 700 yards on 26 carries in the first 3 games and they scored an avg of 61 points per game. He rushed for 198 yards against MBA on ironically 26 carries. Pearl still scored quite a few points but they were down big and had to work at scoring.

Not my team ... Confuses everyone . Baylor is my dog.. And he is big ... How about that for an original name. We will see how good they are when they travel to oakland. Unless I am missing something I think oakland smokes them. I watched the replay of the baylor / MBA game and MBA looked the better team but lost. Baylor is good I am just not sure how good. They have a terrific qb and running back for sure and hear they have some beef up front.

I'm not part of the "Fulton Crowd", but it's hard to not run the score up when your opponent's defense gives up over 10 yards per run

Wow that escalated quickly haha. Calm down my friend. Scoring 80+ points in 37 plays is hardly running up the score. Besides, I'm a huge Maryville fan and Coach Quarles fan (the best high school coach in the state IMO). I always pull for the Rebels in the playoffs and at the championships. Maryville would beat Fulton 99% of the time. Just based off what I've seen this year SO FAR, I think the Falcons would edge MHS. Don't get your panties in a wad. Maryville has the best dynasty in the state, but they're not the best team in every classification, EVERY year. It's ok to fathom a loss once every 5 years or so. It would be interesting to get some feedback from the Farragut, Powell, Bearden coaches/players/fans after they have played Maryville. Cheers buddy

Panties not in a wad , it just cracks me up to hear someone being impressed with high scores and thinking they know who would win an IFL game that will not take place .... Good luck with your IFL league there buddy and don't get your panties in a wad when someone is not very impressed with your imaginary league you got going in your head .

Edited by pepvol

Panties not in a wad , it just cracks me up to hear someone being impressed with high scores and thinking they know who would win an IFL game that will not take place .... Good luck with your IFL league there buddy and don't get your panties in a wad when someone is not very impressed with your imaginary league you got going in your head .

Your hormones seem a little out of whack. You know, they make medications for that. When you come out with rankings, you have to think about who would win certain match-ups. Call it the IFL or whatever makes you sleep better at night. Although, I'd prefer the HFL (Hypothetical Football League). Do you ever watch ESPN?? Those shows are certainly full of speculation. It's OK I promise. I would pick Ensworth over Fulton if that means anything to you. And for my final bold IFL prediction, I predict that De La Salle would beat any TN team. Please note, however, I am not being condescending to all TN high school football programs.....DLS is simply that good.

Look, I've already explained my full respect for MHS and MOST of your fans. You should try not wearing your heart on your sleeve

BHS....ikr.... for some reason people think because our wins aren't pretty that means we aren't a top tier team. .. our schedule this year is bout as tough as anybody lookin at how good teams we play are. ... but it's cool. Just like that dandy dozen ranked us outside the top 10, look where we are now. .. and when we put them paws on melrose we just gone keep it moving. .. the only team this year who's schedule is comparable to ours is white station. .. and that's state wide. . Playing one good team is nothing, try n half your schedule. ..

Not trying to stir the pot. If you look at Alcoa as am example...: they are 3-1. Every week they win big except for when they have played a team that is a notch above where they are this year. Fulton is as good as anyone in 4a and they would give some of the big teams a good game but the elite teams in tennessee this year are just better. Fulton - Pearl Cohn - Liberty Tech- Alcoa - CPA- West are just in that second group.

Good teams but none of them in my estimation would survive a game with Ensworth - Maryville Oakland - Blackman- BA - or a few others.

Pearl cohn gave MBA a good game this year but as of now I think MBA is right there in the upper second tier and certainly middle of the road in d2.

I may eat crow this Friday when they play BA but they are in for a long night unless BA comes out flat from such a big win against st xavier. One of my boys starts on brentwood academy's 8th grade team coached my carlton flatt. Carlton won 10 state championships at BA varsity. Our 8th grade team has NEVER lost a game since he has been coaching. ( 6 years now) He has on his staff the retired coaching hall of fame.

I drove to knoxville to watch BA play fultons middle school club. These kids are not just from Fulton. I bet their line avged 220 pounds and the skilled players were the best I have ever see in 8th grade. I have videos of the game and their wide receiver looked like one of our high school kids. Athletes all over the field.

We won 22-6 and we played to eat up the clock. We were just fundamentally more sound and disciplined than they were. Can you imagine how hard the boys at Maryvilles 8th grade would play if all of a sudden quarrels retired and coached them for fun ? There is no way we as the athletes they had and I am not saying their coaching was not stellar but you could see our boys just looked almost machine like.

My point is I think fultons advantage athletically would go out the door against a team that is as disciplined and committed and proud as maryville

Your hormones seem a little out of whack. You know, they make medications for that. When you come out with rankings, you have to think about who would win certain match-ups. Call it the IFL or whatever makes you sleep better at night. Although, I'd prefer the HFL (Hypothetical Football League). Do you ever watch ESPN?? Those shows are certainly full of speculation. It's OK I promise. I would pick Ensworth over Fulton if that means anything to you. And for my final bold IFL prediction, I predict that De La Salle would beat any TN team. Please note, however, I am not being condescending to all TN high school football programs.....DLS is simply that good.

Look, I've already explained my full respect for MHS and MOST of your fans. You should try not wearing your heart on your sleeve

Actually here are the numbers schedule strength

1) White station - schedule strength #12 in state and up from 2013

2) Memphis Central - schedule strength ranked # 62 in state and up from 2013

3) Whitehaven - schedule strength ranked # 82 in the state down slightly from 2013

As of this past weekend taken into consideration out of state games white station has played the most difficult schedule in the state of tennessee.

Followed by maryville then brentwood academy.

BHS....ikr.... for some reason people think because our wins aren't pretty that means we aren't a top tier team. .. our schedule this year is bout as tough as anybody lookin at how good teams we play are. ... but it's cool. Just like that dandy dozen ranked us outside the top 10, look where we are now. .. and when we put them paws on melrose we just gone keep it moving. .. the only team this year who's schedule is comparable to ours is white station. .. and that's state wide. . Playing one good team is nothing, try n half your schedule. ..

Edited by baylorbigdog1976