Whitehaven hasn't fallen off, teams are stronger now!

coach10ac

Come up with all the stats you like, they have not computed the strength of these teams this year. We all know Whitehaven has always been ranked low because teams weredeemed to be weak on our scHedule. Now they are potential championship teams and we still are in the same spot. But one fact still remains in 6à. All roads lead thru Da HAVEN in west TN.... there is only one team out east that has anything to say because no one else is there... that's Maryville. .So to keep putting all these other teams ahead of us is crazy. ..but hey, we know how that story goes. But I guess the fact that WS has a losing record I'd the cause. .No, whoever schedules they games needs a swift kick for stacking the deck like that. .not saying don't play the teams, but don't let your first 5 be against the Best in the state. . Mix it up at least.

No one else is there because Maryville always beats them. But make no mistake, Maryville's championship game is usually the week before they face a team from Memphis. In 6A, the road to the gold ball goes through 7-AAA. You just don't know it yet because Maryville usually advances. If you play Blackman or Oakland this year, you'll figure out what I'm talking about

No one else is there because Maryville always beats them. But make no mistake, Maryville's championship game is usually the week before they face a team from Memphis. In 6A, the road to the gold ball goes through 7-AAA. You just don't know it yet because Maryville usually advances. If you play Blackman or Oakland this year, you'll figure out what I'm talking about

It would be NICE if 7AAA beat Maryville so it could be US vs 7AAA   :mrgreen:

If we get there we won't lose...

With a team that has the best athletes, the best coaches, the best leadership, and the best discipline, why wouldn't you get there? You're saying someone might beat you, but Maryville/Blackman/Oakland won't? Well if that team beats you before you get to the title game, then they should be the hands down favorite to beat the team they face....since WHS would have certainly crushed them

With a team that has the best athletes, the best coaches, the best leadership, and the best discipline, why wouldn't you get there? You're saying someone might beat you, but Maryville/Blackman/Oakland won't? Well if that team beats you before you get to the title game, then they should be the hands down favorite to beat the team they face....since WHS would have certainly crushed them

You have to still play the games so it will be IF until December and we're actually in there. 

That's a big if my friend. .. the two years in a row we went to the championships Blackman or Oakland were not there. .. so if either makes it. We will finally see. But youre rite, I don't know it. More so than that, neither do you pigskin... why don't you guys out east beat Maryville then talk about us. .. out here teams can beat each other any given year, it's just Whitehaven has taken over as top dog. .. when is someone gone beat Maryville since east teams are so much better. ..

That's a big if my friend. .. the two years in a row we went to the championships Blackman or Oakland were not there. .. so if either makes it. We will finally see. But youre rite, I don't know it. More so than that, neither do you pigskin... why don't you guys out east beat Maryville then talk about us. .. out here teams can beat each other any given year, it's just Whitehaven has taken over as top dog. .. when is someone gone beat Maryville since east teams are so much better. ..

It's not that far-fetched to imagine Blackman or Oakland advancing to the ship this year. Not saying it will happen, but it definitely could happen.

And nobody routinely beats the top dog Maryville. East TN, West TN, or Middle TN. It doesn't mean all other teams in the east, or anywhere else for that matter, are weak. That's like saying that since Alabama usually wins the SEC, all the other conference teams are pitiful

Your points basically consisted of putting words in my mouth, therefore there was nothing for me to address. I said and I quote, "a few teams", so I'm not sure how else to explain that to you. The teams you just mentioned weren't undisciplined, so what's your point? I'm trying to logically come up with a reason as to why most gold balls never make it to Memphis. I'm not attacking anyone or crying about anything. I'm simply asking your thoughts as to why Middle and East TN win more gold balls, when truthfully, West TN teams usually have more athletic teams?? Something besides athleticism has to be factoring into the outcomes of the games. Do you have any thoughts regarding this discussion, or are you just on here to attack posters that have different opinions than you?

No one has put words in your mouth. You address what you want to address and soft shoe dance around what ever else you feel like youmply dont want to address..

There are a number of things that factor into the Gold ball issue. You just elected to triavailize the issues I presented. Truthflly, who says that West TN teams have more athletic teams anyway? There are athletes galore throughout the state. Saying that West Tennessee teams are always or mostly more athletic isn't necessariy accurate. But, that's another point entirely.

This is my point. Currently, gold balls are going to Maryville, Alcoa, and recently Fulton. That's a tribute to the coaching staffs and the communities behind them. The fact that those teams are in East TN doesn't mean that EAST Tennessee football is dominant. THOSE programs are because of the current coaching staffs that are there. IF this were an EAST Tennessee thing ... then it wouldn't JUST be Alcoa, and Maryville dominating, it would alternate between east TN high schools. Those coaching staffs just happen to be at high schools located in the East part of the state. If GQ were at Brighton, and Rankin were located at Munford ... then THOSE programs would be dominant ... and they would just happen to be located in the west. It's not a EAST Tennessee High School football is better then the Middle of West issue. Maryville and Alcoa are dominant. Not the EAST, even though the east part of the state just loves to jump on their bandwagon and lay claim to it.

Then people like you come on here and claim that EAST Tennessee is dominanting and proclaiming that Maryville and Alcoa are going to win it every year and as a result, much to the shagrin of the fans of those schools who have to temper expectations; but according to your logic ... EAST Tennessee football is king.

No ... currently, Maryville, Alcoa,and Fulton are dominant ... not East high school football. It's cyclicle. It just so happens that the best high school football coach to walk the sidelines of a high school happended to settle in Maryville. All of east TN is riding his coat tail.

Edited by kwc